Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Darwin won this time, nuff said!

The vid reminded me of the movie Rollerball.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    For the first time ever, NASCAR is interesting. They should encourage more of this.
    Fuck you you fucking scumbag.

I know it probably seems like sacrilege to you nascar fans, but to the rest of the world, when someone walks out onto a race track and decides to confront a moving race car on foot, it doesn't seem particularly tragic when the guy gets run over. In fact, if it's tragic for anyone, it's this Stewart guy. Don't know if he intentionally wrecked that other car or not... But even if he did, who the hell walks out on to the track and steps in front of a car in the middle of a race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

To clarify, I follow it and have yet to watch anything but the last 30 laps of any race.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

I was impressed that some driver of Stewart's caliber and stature still races Sprints, an anachronism from 1972, and still going strong. The Harley Davidson of racing. Real men race sprints. Mario once jumped out of a sprint, jumped in a plane, and raced an F1 Ferrari the next Sunday. Those were the days.

Stupid motherfucker deserved to die by jumping in front of one of those beasts. A lot of dudes have died driving them, all strapped in and roll caged.

The kid was an idiot but I believe Stewart has some culpability . He was definitely trying to either scare the kid or spray him and it went wrong. I driver of his caliber should have been on the lower part of the track during a caution. To imply that he lost control is because it is muddy is BS. The whole thing stinks
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Just watched it again with volume up and on my PC.

You can clearly hear him gun it trying to scare or spray him.

I also didn't notice just how badly that kid got wrapped up in the car when I watched on my phone...damn
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

spook Guest
    changing the offending tire seems to be pretty much an admission of guilt. stewart may only get a slap on the wrist from racing but i hope he gets fucked by the law.

Whether or not he is guilty of homicide/manslaughter, he will get destroyed in the obviously forthcoming civil case.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    Whether or not he is guilty of homicide/manslaughter, he will get destroyed in the obviously forthcoming civil case.

yeah, i didn't just mean criminal law.

I'm not a racing fan at all. The Ontario County Sheriff said that Stewart was cooperating fully. The report of him changing the tire was some social media bs posted by who knows. Even if he did have his crew change the tire what would that accomplish? There is no debate about whether or not he ran the kid over. He gunned it trying to avoid the kid and had already hit him when that happened if you watch the video closely. He was also on the same line as the car in front of him when dumbass jumps in front of Stewart's car. The car in front seemed surprised at the last minute too, the visibility from a sprint car sucks on the right.

Anyone that's raced knows that you're taking your life into your hands if you exit your car on a hot track. Only if your car is on fire should you exit the vehicle.

That said, it appears (speculating) that Stewart could have avoided him.

Based on what I've seen (limited to videos) they're both at fault.

Wait a minute. They were under caution, no? Plus I'm not a racing fan and I've seen guys do that a bunch. Guy wrecks a guy, guy gets out of car and calls the other guy out while standing on the track. It's almost a matter of course, stupid yes, but it happens. If they were under caution, then there's no way that Ward was unavoidable.

spook Guest
    yeah, i think the problem is stewart has been a dick so many times that the people who say "i'll give tony the benefit of the doubt" sound stupid. the kid didn't look unavoidable to me. i can't stand racing but i've seen guys jump out of their cars dozens of times and i've never seen anybody get run over. i've seen at least one rescue guy get obliterated. but the kid isn't a moron. he's not going to jump in front of stewart's car. so far i've heard "the cars are so hard to control" "the cars are so hard to see out of" "the guy was dressed in black" etc. i guarantee you the second stewart knew he wrecked him that the next time around the track he was going to see him out of the car if he wasn't injured. the tire changing thing i've seen a few places, but it's true that none of them have been official. either way, stewart will still have to explain why he gunned it right there on caution. it's not like he can hide from the video.

Stewart most likely had no idea that Ward crashed. There wasn't any contact and Ward was behind Stewart and trying to make a high side pass and got caught in the loose dirt on the edge.

Look at this video and see what the visibility is like in a sprint car
    A driver is mostly focusing on the cars in front of him and what going on on the left(inside). Coming out of the turn Stewart was probably watching the car in front and didn't even see the kid until the last second. They were still traveling a 40-50 miles an hour. Those cars don't have a transmission or clutch, they idle and rev to keep going around the track under yellow.

Dude got smoked.

I watched the video again....well a few times.... it clearly looks like he gunned it to avoid him. He is also turning to avoid him.

Even the crash, Tony did nothing wrong, I think the kid was making drama for drama.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

HArd to believe it was intentional, but if he gunned it on the apex to avoid the kid then he must have lost all instinct God gave him as a driver.

I find it more shocking the Spook is apparently a Nascar fan.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    changing the offending tire seems to be pretty much an admission of guilt. stewart may only get a slap on the wrist from racing but i hope he gets fucked by the law.
    absolutely, dude comes across as being a dick more times than not too.

Stewart's life and career just went up in smoke.

Nascar and racing in general is stupid.

That said, Stewart is 85% to blame. Kid 15%. Stewart could have avoided him. Is he not a professional driver?

Whoever said that smoke (stupid fucking nickname) couldn't see the kid is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post

That said, Stewart is 85% to blame. Kid 15%. Stewart could have avoided him. Is he not a professional driver?

Whoever said that smoke (stupid fucking nickname) couldn't see the kid is delusional.
    I don't know how to say this nicely so I'll just come out an say it. I wish it was you he ran over. Seriously, you are the biggest fucking toolbox to ever grace this forum. If I buy the buckshot, will you go to sleep with a shotgun in your mouth and finger on the trigger to see what happens? Pretty please?
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    I don't know how to say this nicely so I'll just come out an say it. I wish it was you he ran over. Seriously, you are the biggest fucking toolbox to ever grace this forum. If I buy the buckshot, will you go to sleep with a shotgun in your mouth and finger on the trigger to see what happens? Pretty please?
    You should talk to someone about these feelings.

Oh come on? Please?
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post

Dude, please, confine yourself to subjects you know of, not something you ignore because you think it's "stupid". 99% of the population has never experienced what it's like piloting one of those beasts on a dirt track. At night, to top it off. I never got into a Sprint, but did some laps in a midget on dirt, and it's fucking controlled chaos if anything could ever be. Add to that the chaos of an accident with an utter moron running AT YOU at night with all sorts of other things happening through the slit of your filthy full face, and, well, duh. The kid watched too many altercations on certain televised events, it seems. Darwin wins again.