Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    Look at this fuckin hipster

He looks like a felcher.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Williamsburg... douchey rich person spot?
    Brooklyn, so hot right now.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by vailszendrei View Post
    What a fucken asshole of a doctor..
    Yup. Heard a story on NPR the other morning about Nigeria's efforts to eliminate the disease, and how medical staff who were treating people isolated themselves from their spouses and children for a month after they were exposed to the virus. Doctor lived upstairs for a month with his wife bringing food to him at the top of the steps once or twice a day while she and their children lived in the basement. Nobody left the house during that period of time.
    Last edited by glademaster; 10-24-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    He just spread ebola to half of NY city.
    I had no idea bowling was that popular in NY.

Some kind of Big Lebowski/King Pin hipster homage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    This may be the only thing that will stop the spread.

We had a can of something similar in a ski shop I worked at.

It proclaimed in large letters on the back, "Kills HIV"
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Well lookey here!!! Where is mr. techO guy today? What a fucking Joke. Dr.s without basic training more like it. So that is 2 of those skinny white nerdy looking ( portlanders ) now who have come back sick? Oh and the other 2 nurses are now cured?

So Duncan was projectile vomiting all over Texas but nobody got sick? I'm questioning now where ( portland/TechO/AwesomeGuy) his gal got her degree in "Virulology" or whatever-More like over reacting and too much time on her Facebook and of course hubby comes off uber awesome with his pledge to a program that is actually THE SINGLE LARGEST IMPORTER OF THE EBOLEEEEYYYYY-and dude next time instead of going through your list of awesome and smarty pants just say-"I telemark"

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I think it's great he's donating that much but I would think a computer guy would have a better handle on the word 'exponential'. He talks about exponential growth of ebola in the article, but if it were exponential almost everyone on earth would be infected or dead by now. He was quoted as saying, "we saw in Dallas how one case became two" has that two become 4 and then 16 and then 256 etc....? No it seems it's just two. That's six total cases in the US. It doesn't seem to have exponential growth even in the source region.
    Growth can be exponential even if the growth rate is less than one. Compound interest is a common example.

Yeah, but it's not quite right for ebola. You either die or get better. I don't think it sticks around your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    It sounds like using recovered ebola patients blood has worked well .
    Fkn zombies
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Growth can be exponential even if the growth rate is less than one. Compound interest is a common example.
    e^0?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Newark Airport?

Not to make an already morbid thread even darker, but who wants to bet that someone tries to kill the doctor in NYC or members of his family over this? If I was him and I survived, I would change my name and move to Idaho. People are furious at this dude.

I'm not condoning the doc's actions to not quarantine himself. It would have been nice if he had, but are we expecting all direct care providers at Emory, Nebraska Med Center, etc. who are handling most of the cases to permanently quarantine themselves? They are working with Ebola patients on a daily basis just like this dude in W. Africa. Thoughts?

Anyone else stockpiling food yet? Figure it can't hurt. I figure if the Ebola settles down in the next year or so I'll just have a good earthquake readiness supply..

Ebowling!!

He wasn't just not quarantining himself, he was maximizing potential exposure by taking public transport all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyyee View Post
    Well lookey here!!! Where is mr. techO guy today? What a fucking Joke. Dr.s without basic training more like it. So that is 2 of those skinny white nerdy looking ( portlanders ) now who have come back sick? Oh and the other 2 nurses are now cured?

So Duncan was projectile vomiting all over Texas but nobody got sick? I'm questioning now where ( portland/TechO/AwesomeGuy) his gal got her degree in "Virulology" or whatever-More like over reacting and too much time on her Facebook and of course hubby comes off uber awesome with his pledge to a program that is actually THE SINGLE LARGEST IMPORTER OF THE EBOLEEEEYYYYY-and dude next time instead of going through your list of awesome and smarty pants just say-"I telemark"
    I think you're talking about me.

DWB/MSF has saved over 1000 people infected with Ebola during this current outbreak. A few members of their staff have become infected, only one has begun to show symptoms in the US and he's following reasonable protocols to keep from infecting others. I'm still happy with my donation and encourage everyone to consider making a donation: https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/

One of the news items that really motivated me to come out of pocket to support DWB/MSF in their work on the Ebola outbreak is the NY Times reporting - particularly this video series: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/17/wo...ness.html?_r=0 These videos are hard to watch, but I recommend them.

After seeing those videos and talking to knowledgeable people (including my wife, whose PhD in Virology is from a notable Canadian University) about how infectious and awful Ebola is, knowing that the likelihood for this outbreak to be horrific, I was moved to act. I figured out an amount that I could make work and hoped would make some difference - it's not in the same universe of the donations of the Zuckerbergs or Paul Allen, but hopefully it helps. I don't think it's out of line for me to suggest others consider donating. The tech company I work for - hate them all you want for the great products and services they provide to you for free - matched my donation and those of my co-workers who have also chosen to donate to this cause or other causes they find important.

So yeah, I'm still an asshole for where I live and work, where I'm from, the money I've donated to a really important organization that is making a significant difference to limit the damage of this outbreak. Troll away and keep bringing up that donation link, hopefully more of you will throw in a few bucks.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Yer doin good PP. You millennials that found yourself sitting in the the right place at the right time in the universe with the right heart are giving me some hope.

OTOH a dinosaur like myself has still gotta eat. I made a small chunk of change making people feel good after 9-11 and was just about to pull the trigger on 144 cases of these. A bar date scene "must have" accessory to feel safe . The CDC ordered 100 last week.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

[QUOTE=Platinum Pete;4335547]I think you're talking about me.

DWB/MSF has saved over 1000 people infected with Ebola during this current outbreak. A few members of their staff have become infected, only one has begun to show symptoms in the US and he's following reasonable protocols to keep from infecting others. I'm still happy with my donation and encourage everyone to consider making a donation: https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/

One of the news items that really motivated me to come out of pocket to support DWB/MSF in their work on the Ebola outbreak is the NY Times reporting - particularly this video series: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/17/wo...ness.html?_r=0 These videos are hard to watch, but I recommend them.

After seeing those videos and talking to knowledgeable people (including my wife, whose PhD in Virology is from a notable Canadian University) about how infectious and awful Ebola is, knowing that the likelihood for this outbreak to be horrific, I was moved to act. I figured out an amount that I could make work and hoped would make some difference - it's not in the same universe of the donations of the Zuckerbergs or Paul Allen, but hopefully it helps. I don't think it's out of line for me to suggest others consider donating. The tech company I work for - hate them all you want for the great products and services they provide to you for free - matched my donation and those of my co-workers who have also chosen to donate to this cause or other causes they find important.

So yeah, I'm still an asshole for where I live and work, where I'm from, the money I've donated to a really important organization that is making a significant difference to limit the damage of this outbreak. Troll away and keep bringing up that donation link, hopefully more of you will throw in a few bucks.[/QUOTE

3 Dr.s so far from DWB. Do your homework. I don't "hate" anybody. Never said you were an asshole. Yes that Paul Allen is a great guy. Helping to build quarantine centers for the US Gov. on a 100% false pandemic . None of your fucking lame products help me do shit. And none of it is free, more like another avenue for information gathering and endless advertising. And by hard to watch are you referring to the actors and naked boys the NYT got caught filming and quickly took down? Do a little googling and see how fake it is.

To ADD-

Since DWB has been referenced as a worthy charity, it seems like every other day more stupid comes forward?
    Anybody who thinks THESE are the people to donate money to might dig a little deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    Ebowling!!

He wasn't just not quarantining himself, he was maximizing potential exposure by taking public transport all over.
    What? He had no symptoms when he was on public transport, so the chance of him infecting someone = ZERO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    What? He had no symptoms when he was on public transport, so the chance of him infecting someone = ZERO.
    0% ???

Let's say you get back from treating dozens or hundreds of virulently infectious people should you:

A) lay low and minimize your potential as a vector until the incubation period is over and you're likely not sick

B) Go out on the town partying and socializing, taking public transport, bowling, visiting restaurants and bodegas, and bet on the current understanding that until a fever develops enough to be detected by me I'm 100% not infectious.

i just tried donating to DWB on three valid cards and their page isn't letting them process

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    0% ???

Let's say you get back from treating dozens or hundreds of virulently infectious people should you:

A) lay low and minimize your potential as a vector until the incubation period is over and you're likely not sick

B) Go out on the town partying and socializing, taking public transport, bowling, visiting restaurants and bodegas, and bet on the current understanding that until a fever develops enough to be detected by me I'm 100% not infectious.
    Well since it's not the flu - YES. Does "Ebola only transmits through bodily fluids and is only infectious once symptoms appear" confuse you? Do you fear sitting next to someone who is HIV positive? If you live in NYC I bet you have...

Perhaps you feel great on the way to go bowling and develop a fever at the bowling alley. Maybe it is highly unlikely , but with the consequences being that high it was selfish of him to go out and about. Anyhow NY made it mandatory for a 3 week quarantine when coming from West Africa so this wouldn't happen again.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

NY made the 3 week quarantine in a bow to hype, not medicine.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Ok it seriously is crazy time on all sides.

DWB is the last charity/non-profit I would ever donate to at this point in time