Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    The AD has to go for us to even get an interview with Harbaugh and Miles, as Brandon successfully DIDN'T hire either and alienated them in the process. Mullen seems like a natural fit for Florida and that job looks like it's going to be open although he would be a home run hire. Harbaugh's availability is highly contingent on the SF situation, but even then he might jump ship for another NFL job. I just don't see him leaving the NFL without a Super Bowl win. Miles? Who knows. He seems to be dug in to Baton Rouge like a tick. Plus how many marbles does the Mad Hatter still have rolling around up there?

As for Narduzzi/Herman, it's hard to see them coming aboard without an intermediate stop as a HC at a smaller school. Hired directly from our bitterest rivals?
    There's something to the UF AD and Mullen not being on the best terms. A guy I think would do a great job at UMich would be Mark Stoops. He is doing a great job at Kentucky and recruits Ohio very well. Not to mention I'd like to get him out of the SEC soon!

If Tommy Tuberville wasn't the current HC, I'd say Michigan should just look to University of Cincinnati for a new HC. They churn out guys who go on to do well and turn programs around: Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly, Butch Jones... Hell, go one step back in the process and look to see who Western Michigan has in charge, that's where UC gets em all.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    The AD has to go for us to even get an interview with Harbaugh and Miles, as Brandon successfully DIDN'T hire either and alienated them in the process. Mullen seems like a natural fit for Florida and that job looks like it's going to be open although he would be a home run hire. Harbaugh's availability is highly contingent on the SF situation, but even then he might jump ship for another NFL job. I just don't see him leaving the NFL without a Super Bowl win. Miles? Who knows. He seems to be dug in to Baton Rouge like a tick. Plus how many marbles does the Mad Hatter still have rolling around up there?

As for Narduzzi/Herman, it's hard to see them coming aboard without an intermediate stop as a HC at a smaller school. Hired directly from our bitterest rivals?
    Lots of rumors about Harbaugh's interest with the right AD, tired of dealing with pro attitudes in the locker room, SF ownership, etc., but we've heard rumors about him before and we know how that played out. I'm not holding my breath there, despite the fact I'd be high-fiving every person I could find if he came to Ann Arbor.

Miles is a strong, reliably productive coach, and a Michigan Man (for those who put a lot of stock into that; I do not). Plus he's nutty enough to take the job, but I doubt he leaves too.

Agree Mullen would be a great hire, but also think Florida is more likely if jumps ship.

As for the guys from "those" schools, I have to think they're strong candidates for top level head coaching gigs. Narduzzi seems quite comfortable in EL, even though there's whispers every year that he's a finalist for a HC somewhere. Herman is ready, I think, though I would always suspect he was a traitor sent to deal us a final death blow. I've heard he has a lot of autonomy with that team down south, and is balancing a lot for Urban. Who knows how true that is? Not sure I could stomach those guys, but also think they're going to end up leading some damn good teams and soon; might as well be us, I guess.

But yeah, new AD has to come first, and not a single one of those guys will take a call from Brandon. Fuck that dude...

Crazy game going on in Louisville right now.

OFFICIAL 2014-15 College Football Thread

ESPN is reporting Brandon is resigning. Please let it be true.

EDIT: See ya! He's gone..
    Last edited by RedWolf; 10-31-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWolf View Post
    Lots of rumors about Harbaugh's interest with the right AD
    I've been waiting by the phone.

Hey Louisville! Catch the damn ball; that's how you pull an upset. What a 4th quarter collapse...

I <3 Bobby Petrino

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    There's something to the UF AD and Mullen not being on the best terms. A guy I think would do a great job at UMich would be Mark Stoops. He is doing a great job at Kentucky and recruits Ohio very well. Not to mention I'd like to get him out of the SEC soon!
    And just today: Kentucky extends Mark Stoops

Mark Stoops, who has Kentucky on the cusp of a bowl berth in his second season as coach, has been awarded with a raise and extension that will take him through the 2019 season and pay him an average salary of more than $3.6 million per year.

"I want to show my commitment," Stoops said Friday. "If you know anything about myself, about my family, past history, whether it be with my brothers and different people. loyalty's a pretty big thing with us, and I certainly feel the loyalty to this program, to our players and all the people that have been so involved and helped us get to where we're at and where we're going."

Effective Nov. 1, Stoops will earn a pro-rated sum of $3 million for this season, and that figure will increase by $250,000 each season through 2019. He will earn $3.25 million in 2015, $3.5 million in 2016, $3.75 million in 2017, $4 million in 2018 and $4.25 million in 2019.

Sending positive VIBES to the []_[] today. Big game against UNC. Also, I will be routing for Pitt to beat Duke.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

That Connor Halliday injury looks absolutely gruesome.

spook Guest
    http://deadspin.com/nations-leading-...ith-1653659279

yeah, i'm guessing he's not coming back any time soon. too bad. he slings it for sure.

Bummer , hes a stud

TCU drumbeat grows. Beat KSU next week and we'll have 2 of the 4 slots filled.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

WV played prevent to win offense down the stretch. Too bad.

UGA got smoked!

spook Guest
    freeman is a beast. he's the one thing the ducks hardly ever get -- a big powerful back who moves the line when he hits it. now if the defense can start shutting people down they might have a chance.

Good game going here between Auburn-Ole Miss.

I'll say it again, I will never admit it in real life, but I'll say it to you internet kooks; SEC football really is a cut above. There's a handful this year that are very good outside the conference like Oregon and ND but it's just silly how much talent that conference garners.

YEAH GATORS ARE BACK BABY!!!!!

(I wish. Was a fuuuun game to watch. Can't believe UGA couldn't stop the run, given it's what UF did every. single. play.)

((woot!!!))

spook Guest
    they couldn't stop the run because sec running games are so awesome. sec running games are so awesome because sec qb's are so awesome through the air. sec offenses are awesome. just a little more awesome than their awesome defenses.

Man the gamecocks are awful. They should've handed out 1/5ths of bourbon to anyone attending this game. Next year cant come soon enough.

spook Guest
    shut your fucking mouth, asshole. nobody talks about the sec like that.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    they couldn't stop the run because sec running games are so awesome. sec running games are so awesome because sec qb's are so awesome through the air. sec offenses are awesome. just a little more awesome than their awesome defenses.
    I used to sound like you in real life. Now I just bite my tongue and watch football.

I figure the only way to shut "them" up is to beat them. I'm an Oregon fan but until they beat the SEC they're not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

spook Guest
    i'm pretty sure the pac10 is even or close with sec in head to head games. in fact, i think that's the case with most conferences except for those 4 ooc cupcakes every year. plus the 4+ sec cupcakes every year. it's hard to beat the sec when they never leave the 100 mile cone of redneck. a&m and georgia both pull out of home and home with the ducks.

you do realize that football is about the dumbest thing on the idiot box, right?

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i'm pretty sure the pac10 is even or close with sec in head to head games. in fact, i think that's the case with most conferences except for those 4 ooc cupcakes every year. plus the 4+ sec cupcakes every year. it's hard to beat the sec when they never leave the 100 mile cone of redneck. a&m and georgia both pull out of home and home with the ducks.

you do realize that football is about the dumbest thing on the idiot box, right?
    Then why so mad?

spook Guest
    i have to decide if i want to waste more time. i don't have to be mad.