Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    spook Guest
    i loathe musburger. he sucks ass and he's an old asshole.

Should Brent Musburger Apologize For Calling John Carlos And Tommie Smith "Black-Skinned Storm Troopers" 44 Years Ago?

http://deadspin.com/5916321/should-b...s-44-years-ago

but that's what everybody says. the sec is the best because we say sec is the best. or because the sec is best.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    Hey RedWolf who are the top 3-5 guys you'd want to take the job?
    I think AD goes first, but...

Harbaugh, Mullen, Miles, and though it pains me greatly to list them, Pat Narduzzi or Tom Herman.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i loathe musburger. he sucks ass and he's an old asshole.

Should Brent Musburger Apologize For Calling John Carlos And Tommie Smith "Black-Skinned Storm Troopers" 44 Years Ago?

http://deadspin.com/5916321/should-b...s-44-years-ago

but that's what everybody says. the sec is the best because we say sec is the best. or because the sec is best.
    The SEC is the best league, it just is. That being said teams like Oregon, FSU, etc....are still great teams
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

spook Guest
    ooh! it just is! tres convincing!

Not trying to convince you, it's impossible
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

spook Guest
    lord knows the sec and cbs and ESPN have been trying to for a couple decades now I think. it's obviously worked on enough people to get them to say that the fourth best sec team is better than all but one other team in the entire country.

Yep, an amazing
    Conspiracy between CBS, ESPN, coaches, and writers....amazing
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWolf View Post
    I can't even watch anymore. They're terrible this year, and unfortunately I don't see that changing soon, even once Hoke gets the ax (barring a Harbaugh miracle, but come on...)

This Utah/USC game is entertaining. PSU/tOSU was as well.

spook Guest
    suck on it, sark! down go the condoms!

spook Guest
    suck on it, fuskies!

The fact that the committee is releasing rankings tomorrow is silly. So much football left to play. Strictly a made for TV money grab.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Not trying to convince you, it's impossible
    i get your point, although he's kind of right. here's a link to a chapter in a book about southern secession -- didn't quite fit in with the rest, but still an interesting read.
    http://www.thepostgame.com/commentar...ompson-sec-bcs

spook Guest
    it's so mindbogglingly obvious and yet here we are. just one more example of how far people will go to suspend their disbelief. and how easy it is to make money off them. it took every one of uncle phil's dollars, every bit of their marketing and more than a decade to get oregon from the 1995 rose bowl to where they are now in this landscape. that somewhere being a place where georgia and texas a&m will back out of home and home series against the ducks. and where musburger et al will consistently talk shit about the ducks and have orgasms over the sec.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWolf View Post
    I think AD goes first, but...

Harbaugh, Mullen, Miles, and though it pains me greatly to list them, Pat Narduzzi or Tom Herman.
    The AD has to go for us to even get an interview with Harbaugh and Miles, as Brandon successfully DIDN'T hire either and alienated them in the process. Mullen seems like a natural fit for Florida and that job looks like it's going to be open although he would be a home run hire. Harbaugh's availability is highly contingent on the SF situation, but even then he might jump ship for another NFL job. I just don't see him leaving the NFL without a Super Bowl win. Miles? Who knows. He seems to be dug in to Baton Rouge like a tick. Plus how many marbles does the Mad Hatter still have rolling around up there?

As for Narduzzi/Herman, it's hard to see them coming aboard without an intermediate stop as a HC at a smaller school. Hired directly from our bitterest rivals?

Be careful with Mullen. Dude has a really good /great QB this year and now they are good. He's been pretty average until this year.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

There is a series of articles debunking more than a few of Alabama's 13 national championships. I know one was awarded like 2 years after the fact. It makes them look dumb.

http://deadspin.com/5975168/the-defi...bama-is-a-liar

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...aims-otherwise

OFFICIAL 2014-15 College Football Thread

The Bama 15 titles is a little shady and made up by the marketing of the school. All but 1 of those in the articles have a somewhat viable claim while 1 is really ridiculous. This is talked about as nauseum every year. However if you take only the totally "recognized" titles, Bama still has more than any other school.
    Last edited by montanaskier; 10-28-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

IT'S
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    The Bama 15 titles is a little shady and made up by the marketing of the school. All but 1 of those in the articles have a somewhat viable claim while 1 is really ridiculous. This is talked about as nauseum every year. However if you take only the totally "recognized" titles, Bama still has more than any other school.
    Ask any Auburn fan about their "People's Champion" from 2004.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

^^^^^^At least Auburn as a university doesn't officially claim 2004. In 93 Auburn also ran the table, but they were on probation and Bama with a loss ended up winning the Championship. Auburn was on probation that year.

Does anybody else smell a potential upset for FSU vs Louisville on Thursday night? Louisville's two losses are by a combined 8 points.

spook Guest
    just saw the replay of Michigan spiking the field. it would look stupid regardless, but when a really bad team does it looks really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Does anybody else smell a potential upset for FSU vs Louisville on Thursday night? Louisville's two losses are by a combined 8 points.
    Well seems like you were smelling something right. I think FSU would have ended up scoring anyway, but damn that fumble recovery in the endzone at the end of the half was some lucky shit.

And dear sweet baby Jesus Samantha Ponder....

Self-promoting but good-guy restauranteur Jeff Ruby started something earlier this week with the tweet regarding his Louisville steakhouse location:
    Notice to our Louisville diners: Due to FSU & Jameis Winston being in town Thursday Oct,30, crab legs will NOT be available on our raw bar
    Then ESPN just did a promotional shot of his restaurant's raw bar and showed the tweet coming back from commercial... then pan to the crowd at the stadium wearing crab regalia. Hilarious, I can't recall TMZspn ever getting in on the joke against a grocery store thief before.
    I still call it The Jake.

FSU will win this by 2 TDs
    ROLL TIDE ROLL