Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    3) if you give a fuck how a touring binding skis and its durability you should wait a season for all the fools to beta test it for you
    Needs to be repeated again and again and again

Yes, but we need to stoke the interest so the lemmings jump on the band wagon to test it for us and provide feedback to the manufacturer on production issues.

I wonder if Marker will finally be the company that makes tech bindings with reliable, easily swappable brakes. I don't understand why no one has yet tackled such a simple challenge.

Hugh Conway Guest
    because plenty of people actually touring on touring bindings.. don't have much use for brakes?

I like brakes and I wish the brakes on my dynafits worked better but I still wasn't gona buy any of the new tech bindings til somebody else tests them

and beside the dynafits were cheap ! (er)
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

aw fuck you are rog
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    aw fuck you are rog
    Oh snap!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    And again!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    ...says the guy who was skiing and reviewing Dynafit Beasts and G3 tech clamps before they were in stores.

I was on a trip with Hoji last winter and was surprised he didn't bring Beasts. Instead, he had Radical toes and lightly modded TLT Speed heels.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gnarwhale View Post
    ...says the guy who was skiing and reviewing Dynafit Beasts and G3 tech clamps before they were in stores.

I was on a trip with Hoji last winter and was surprised he didn't bring Beasts. Instead, he had Radical toes and lightly modded TLT Speed heels.
    I had them inbounds and in meadowskip terrain.!! No way I was going to take them further than a 100m from a ski lift. Learned my lesson with the POS Onyx beta testing ice-skating Fitzsimmons. Would like to save others that grief

Quote Originally Posted by The Gnarwhale View Post

What were they modded for? Stronger vertical release springs?

If it fails I bet it'll be the person skiing's ski-style, not the binding.
    NFW, bro! It's always the gear! Says so at blister.

Hugh Conway Guest
    You'd feel differently if you'd met the Hoji. I met the Hoji and his blissful backcountry radiance touched my life, reached into my inner skintrack, and lifted me up on winged tech bindings. Hoji is life. Praise be to Hoji!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    aw fuck you are rog
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Like that scene at end of Spartacus? You are all Rawj?

You'd feel differently if you'd met the Hoji. I met the Hoji and his blissful backcountry radiance touched my life, reached into my inner skintrack, and lifted me up on winged tech bindings. Hoji is life. Praise be to Hoji!
    I feel the Hoji Aura merely because of his Followers radiating it indirectly here on TGR. Reminds me a little of air travel in the 70s and 80s and Hare Krishnas working the public at airports. Instead of "hari hari" we have "Hoji Hoji".

Analogous to how my Grandmas rocking chair always sounded "creaky creaky"

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Analogous to how my Grandmas rocking chair always sounded "creaky creaky"
    it's a struggle, imitating and failing, is it not?

thousands of maggots wanting to be Hoji say "yes"

wouldn't it be creepy to come onto a forum and see all kinds of people eagerly imitating you via gear purchase? wait... no, for most maggots, that's the dream right there.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    it's a struggle, imitating and failing, is it not?

wouldn't it be creepy to come onto a forum and see all kinds of people eagerly imitating you via gear purchase? wait... no, for most maggots, that's the dream right there.
    I resemble that comment... Love my 196 Renegades - thank you Hoji...!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    What were they modded for? Stronger vertical release springs?
    He had TLT Speed Turn heels, with a custom top plate that didn't have a high riser. Plus some Radical toepieces. Think he just had stock springs. Dude's boots had a lot going on. Plus mods on pack, shovel, and the most robust repair kit I've seen someone carry.

Hoji is an borderline obsessive DIY tinkerer, has good mountain sense, and tours a ton. At the end of the day when everyone was lounging, he was reworking people's boot cuff pivots and rejiggering buckle placements. He could have slept in the hut, but instead built a snowcave and slept in every night. The dude does not like to be idle. He's excited about other people's success but not very interested in his own. Plus is a damn good skier. Hard not to have a mancrush. If you're looking for a ski celebrity to eagerly imitate, you could do worse.

wouldn't it be creepy to come onto a forum and see all kinds of people eagerly imitating you via gear purchase? wait... no, for most [s]maggots[/s] humans, that's the dream right there.
    How many Safety Team dudes had bar-spinnable cable setups on their bikes but weren't even trying to learn barspins ten years ago? And vinyl die-cut S's on every helmet and bike? I know you and I both did. Or shit, just pedal by a Griz game for a big dose of fame-whoring tribalism. If humans come pre-programed to follow the leader, might as well look up to one with some redeeming qualities. Granted, Hugh Conway's above all that.

Hugh Conway Guest
    yeah, I'm not looking to imitate a ski celebrity, or splooge over some man crush (who, in irony, apparently isn't following everyone along like everyone in this forum) does like a teen girl

there are many people worthy of praise in this world who do amazing work and are incredible bright. this narrow little sport of narcississts doesn't rate high on that.

now back to the tech binding changing the world and gnarwhale's fluffing service.

Your knack for johnny-on-the-spot replies to about every post I've made for the last while (weeks? months?) is impressive, in a needy and stalkerish sort of way.

yeah, I'm not looking to imitate a ski celebrity, or splooge over some man crush (who, in irony, apparently isn't following everyone along like everyone in this forum) does like a teen girl

there are many people worthy of praise in this world who do amazing work and are incredible bright. this narrow little sport of narcississts doesn't rate high on that.
    Yes I realize I'm going to catch incredible flak on here for this, but fine. Hoji and his family are some of the most selfless and caring people in this valley of great people. His brother is my best friend both on and off snow has been instrumental in getting my confidence back on both skis and bikes serving as my guide when need be and Confidence builder when that was needed. His parents sheltered and fed my wife, brother and I for a week after we lost our place in the floods last year. Eric always makes a point of coming out and skiing with the RMF kids when he can is always stoked to ski with them and give props to them all he also helped send out the word to fellow Alberta skiers when I needed help getting drug coverage by writing letters to MLAs.

I realize how uncool it is on TGR to say all this but while I agree with part of hughs statement about there being a Shit load of narrcacissts in this sport. He is not one of them. He is one of the good guys.

Go ahead, fire away.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Yes I realize I'm going to catch incredible flak on here for this, but fine. Hoji and his family are some of the most selfless and caring people in this valley of great people. His brother is my best friend both on and off snow has been instrumental in getting my confidence back on both skis and bikes serving as my guide when need be and Confidence builder when that was needed. His parents sheltered and fed my wife, brother and I for a week after we lost our place in the floods last year. Eric always makes a point of coming out and skiing with the RMF kids when he can is always stoked to ski with them and give props to them all he also helped send out the word to fellow Alberta skiers when I needed help getting drug coverage by writing letters to MLAs.

I realize how uncool it is on TGR to say all this but while I agree with part of hughs statement about there being a Shit load of narrcacissts in this sport. He is not one of them. He is one of the good guys.
    Go ahead, fire away.
    The only thing about your post I am going to fire away on is it appears you actually give a shit about what Hugh has to say... Hoji is the man...!
    nt

I thought we were talking about a new tech binding. Move your narcissistic lovefest elsewhere. You fruitcakes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk