Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    another option to look at is the pivot mach 429 with 120mm fork

i have a couple hundred miles on ripley and the bike is absolutely silent so far. in fact, this is the most i have ridden a new bike before it finally needed to go to shop. i am blown away by this bike.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    If you love the Bronson but need more XC/climby, why not the 5010?
    Good point, not really sure other than that I think I like the feel of the 29er wheels better than 27.5. If I could demo a 5010 I'd do so, but I don't have access to one and I'm not keen to sink more cash into demos.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Good point, not really sure other than that I think I like the feel of the 29er wheels better than 27.5. If I could demo a 5010 I'd do so, but I don't have access to one and I'm not keen to sink more cash into demos.
    In that case, I think you should definitely test ride--even parking lot--the Camber, Camber EVO, Tallboy, and TB LT. I haven't been on the Camber EVO, but have ridden the others. Try to figure if you prefer the slacker versions of more or less the same frames. I've jumped from my TB LT onto a friend's 140 mm enduro 27.5 bike and his bike was noticeably slacker. I know you said the TB LT felt monster-trucky to you, but with a 140 mm fork, it seems pretty neutral to me.

If you're like me and don't really use all 140 mm of travel, I think you'll probably like the regular TB and Camber a lot. But you might find you're not giving up much sportiness going with the burlier versions, either.
    I skin switch.

I could see a Process 111 with 120mm pike being a great trail bike for pittsburgh.

I love my honzo and its basically a FS honzo.

From a local forum I'm on... if you're interested in another motorcycle (based on your avatar).

http://forums.earthriders.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19630
    Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Demoed a Ripley and it was pretty awesome, only problem was that it was the loudest bike I've ever ridden - the suspension creaked and clicked like crazy, and from looking at MTBR this is apparently a known issue. It would drive me nuts to have a bike that was that loud (seriously, you could hear it coming a half mile away). If I was confident that issue was resolved, it'd be higher up on my list.
    I demo'd one and it had a noise coming from the headtube area that I couldn't put my finger on. I rode it side by side all day with a 5010 and I preferred the Ripley, but the noise bothered me.

That CBR looks sweet but coming from an SV650 that'd be a pretty huge jump up! He's looking for an epic anyway.

Agree that the '15 process 111 could be the ticket. I'm gonna start trying to track down demos this week.

FWIW, I demoed a Stumpy Expert Carbon 29 (non-evo) at dirtfest 2013 and immediately rode faster and more fluidly than I ever have before. It is still the best, most dialed bike I've ever ridden. I was going to buy the evo model and then all the hype about the enduro 29 came out. It made sense to get it considering I like riding bike parks too, but I've realized that having a one bike quiver in Pittsburgh takes too much compromise. Two bikes it is!

I am so torn the processes series.

The geo is dialed and I have tried the 2014 111 and 134(both of which fit the bill around here but its chunky and longer DHs than the burgh. but coming off a lot of maestro bikes they only pedal so so.

Found a brand new '14 XL process 111DL frame for sale and pulled the trigger. Will post pics and side by side comparison once I get it built up.