Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Not that it matters, but the reroute (Shafthouse) was brought to you by he USFS, not the BC Horsemen. Terry Johnson did the mini ex work and finish work was done by FS trail crew. Just figured I would credit the the people who did it. No comment on whether it makes any sense or is good or bad. It is what it is.

Hick -You sure about this? I was told it was the horsemen by somebody in the USFS. That person does work in a different district. However, we all know the USFS isn't too coordinated a lot of the time. Anyway, sorry, if I'm spreading incorrect rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Not that it matters, but the reroute (Shafthouse) was brought to you by he USFS, not the BC Horsemen. Terry Johnson did the mini ex work and finish work was done by FS trail crew. Just figured I would credit the the people who did it. No comment on whether it makes any sense or is good or bad. It is what it is.
    Is it greg or terry johnson? or are these different people. I always wondered if the guy from Montana Ponds who does trail work rides a bike. Some of his work hasn't been that spectacular.
    My Montana has an East Infection

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Oh my bad, I must not have noticed the finish work. Anyways I really don't care and appreciate the people who do the trail maintenance. Seems like that area has seen some new land ownership in the last half decade but I could be completely off base.

Terry, (Greg's dad), did the work and no MT Ponds doesn't ride (some past emps did, but they were not on the ex). Not surprised you didn't notice the finish work, raining the day they worked on it and they did not look like happy campers, not a lot of love put it in that day for sure. Reroute laid out by USFS (non riders) and done by way of the hourly ex work the Gallatin puts out for contract most years.

Shafthouse reroute is a disgrace....Took one of the few close trails you could depend on not being clogged with dog walkers and baby carriers in the area and ruined a damn good part of it. More than just the water bar steps but also the best fast flowy, well built, no brake section. The completely unneccessary switchbacks are unrideable, falling away off camber tread already. I love it when people decide to "save a trail from erosion" and build a completely fucked up falling apart horse fucked piece of shit scar on the landscape as a solution.

And Creaky, sorry but I don't care how long motos have been riding curly, or that it is in a bike guide for flatlanders from MSU. I don't care how many people are "shuttling it" or what you think of yuppie mctrustfunders, because you know damn well you still have to ride 3000' of uphill to ride it. I realize your resentment for anyone that came here after you and for anyone who has a penny more than you, earned or otherwise, but it is really starting to cloud your perception of reality. The increased use of moto traffic has resulted in the trail going to shit, which is why I personally choose to ride non motorized trails most of the time these days.

Yeah, it is what it is, and I'm not arguing to get them banned. They can go roost shit up as they feel necessary where they are still allowed, but I will choose to ride trails that aren't increasingly motofucked, all due thanks for "cutting it out". I could give two shits, I'd rather ride trails that aren't strewn with watermelon sized rocks everywhere they decide to "tear shit up" I have seen first hand enough sections of trail fucked by them to not give a fuck about being diplomatic about it anymore. It is complete bullshit that increased mountain bike traffic, "shuttling" or otherwise, is responsible for that trails degradation. It is increased number of yahoos that don't know or don't care to know how to sustainably ride a dirtbike on a trail. Hope you enjoyed my rant, otherwise things are just fucking ducky and mountain biking is still somehow as fun as ever, but only as long as I qualify as a real mountain biker under the intense scrutiny of Creaky, the TGR establishment, and the condescending douchebags at the local bikeshops. Except Steve and Mason at Alter Cycles, who are true professionals that know how to treat customers and take great pride in what they do. Have a nice day.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    And Creaky, sorry but I don't care how long motos have been riding curly, or that it is in a bike guide for flatlanders from MSU. I don't care how many people are "shuttling it" or what you think of yuppie mctrustfunders, because you know damn well you still have to ride 3000' of uphill to ride it. I realize your resentment for anyone that came here after you and for anyone who has a penny more than you, earned or otherwise, but it is really starting to cloud your perception of reality. The increased use of moto traffic has resulted in the trail going to shit, which is why I personally choose to ride non motorized trails most of the time these days.
    You realize what?

Bubba, as one of the few TGR characters who has met me in meatspace, what of your psychiatric Dx actually rings true to you? Any of it?

Curley is spanked because of the trail book and MTB traffic. Motos were there long before the trail book popularized the ride. Anyone who's been riding it for 10+ years will tell you this.

You think USFS trail crews removing rocks & roots, and widening the trailbed, and benching it out was for MOTOS?

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Shafthouse reroute is a disgrace....Took one of the few close trails you could depend on not being clogged with dog walkers and baby carriers in the area and ruined a damn good part of it. More than just the water bar steps but also the best fast flowy, well built, no brake section. The completely unneccessary switchbacks are unrideable, falling away off camber tread already. I love it when people decide to "save a trail from erosion" and build a completely fucked up falling apart horse fucked piece of shit scar on the landscape as a solution.

Yeah, it is what it is, and I'm not arguing to get them banned. They can go roost shit up as they feel necessary where they are still allowed, but I will choose to ride trails that aren't increasingly motofucked, all due thanks for "cutting it out". I could give two shits, I'd rather ride trails that aren't strewn with watermelon sized rocks everywhere they decide to "tear shit up" I have seen first hand enough sections of trail fucked by them to not give a fuck about being diplomatic about it anymore. It is complete bullshit that increased mountain bike traffic, "shuttling" or otherwise, is responsible for that trails degradation. It is increased number of yahoos that don't know or don't care to know how to sustainably ride a dirtbike on a trail. Hope you enjoyed my rant, otherwise things are just fucking ducky and mountain biking is still somehow as fun as ever, but only as long as I qualify as a real mountain biker under the intense scrutiny of Creaky, the TGR establishment, and the condescending douchebags at the local bikeshops. Except Steve and Mason at Alter Cycles, who are true professionals that know how to treat customers and take great pride in what they do. Have a nice day.
    We know you hate dirtbikes. I think years ago i asked you what trails have been fucked by them but never got an answer. So what trails are fucked by them?

and you've become a true Bozemanite by hating all the bikeshops except for the small trendy one( Mason does do top notch work).
    My Montana has an East Infection

We have 1 trail in msla fuckt by motos, but it's always been fuckt by motos, just more now thanks to the pop boom 2005-2014 and a good % of that new pop ride moto and choose to ride at this particular area and choose to ride up this particular trail. Most of the western MT trails I've ridden that are (and historically have been) open to motos are LESS fuckt than the ones not open to motos, but you can't tell that to a Yupster Transplant who wants an Eco-Zoo.

Don't listen to me, though, I used to ride moto when I was younger, so I'm Len Bias'd on this.