Bindings for Dynastar Cham 127?

I just bought a pair of Cham 127s. I don't have bindings for them yet. I am leaning towards Salomon STH2 16s but open to other suggestions. Agree/disagree on my choice?

If they are red then mount them up, if not, send them to me.

As long as the DIN range is appropriate for your weight and how hard you ski, it's pretty much impossible to end up with a truly bad binding from the modern crop. They're all pretty damn good.

I don't really care for the Salomons as I think there are too many adjustment points to loosen up with time and use (not a matter of if, but when). That's purely opinion though, if you're anal about giving them a thorough once over and snugging them down every few days, they'll treat you as well as anything else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    As long as the DIN range is appropriate for your weight and how hard you ski, it's pretty much impossible to end up with a truly bad binding from the modern crop. They're all pretty damn good.
    Word. Find something with the appropriate DIN range for you, and an appropriate brake width for your ski. Even better if it's on sale. Otherwise, it only matters if you're a huge binding nerd.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    if you're anal about giving them a thorough once over and snugging them down every few days, they'll treat you as well as anything else out there.
    That would be as simple as just taking a screwdriver and tightening the screws every few days? I have STHs on my Obsetheds and STH2s on my Lab 001s, I had never been told to do that, but if it can be an issue with Salomon bindings I'll start. Thank you.

The STH2's are designed to work with both alpine and AT (WTR) boots. If you just ski alpines, go with the regular STH... or any other good binding.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

I know the STH2s work with WTR, but I thought they were the successor to the STHs and non-WTR STHs aren't even produced anymore. I could be mistaken.

Edit--Nevermind, it looks like STHs are still produced, but they only go up to 12. There are STH 10, STH 12, STH2 13, and STH2 16 on Salomon's website.

Not sure if the STH12 has the driver toe (and too lazy to look it up). For a powder ski one thing that matters to me is how easy they are to click in. Solly much better than Marker in that respect. Of course if it's deep enough you might have to close by hand anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    The STH2's are designed to work with both alpine and AT (WTR) boots.
    AT soles (ISO 9523) and WTR soles (can't remember the ISO number, but they have one now) are not the same thing. The STH2 bindings are certified to work with WTR and alpine (ISO 5355), not ISO 9523. If you want 9523 compatibility (indemnified, at least) you'll have to go with the 2015 Warden with a sliding AFD.

I'm not sure what adjustments loosen up in a few days on glademaster's Salomons, but I've had quite a few pairs of all the driver bindings and the toe height, toe width, and BSL length adjustments are all good for years if you get them right when you mount the skis.

FWIW, they make both Driver and Quadrax versions of the STH12, but I concur with old goat's assessment of Salomon's positive step in mechanism - if you plan to have your skis come off in powder, the Salomon step in action is better than the competition's.

Thanks for the info. What do Driver and Quadrax mean? I looked around online a bit and couldn't find a description.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4dow View Post
    Thanks for the info. What do Driver and Quadrax mean?
    Driver toes have a visible burly steel pivot and are secured by four screws - they don't call the STH2 toe a "driver" but it is in everything but name. The same basic design has been used for years, including a bunch of bindings that were called 916 or 920 as well as STH. Quadrax toes are a price point version with a lot more plastic that are held down with three screws (yeah, kind of confusing) - you put in the front one which holds a little plastic piece, then slide the toe forward to put in the remaining screws.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Driver toes have a visible burly steel pivot and are secured by four screws - they don't call the STH2 toe a "driver" but it is in everything but name. The same basic design has been used for years, including a bunch of bindings that were called 916 or 920 as well as STH. Quadrax toes are a price point version with a lot more plastic that are held down with three screws (yeah, kind of confusing) - you put in the front one which holds a little plastic piece, then slide the toe forward to put in the remaining screws.
    Thanks for the explanation. Do most/all modern bindings fall into one of those two categories, or are those just special types or whatever? Sorry if it's stupid questions, I know very little about bindings.

Put a P18-130 on them and be done with it.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4dow View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. Do most/all modern bindings fall into one of those two categories, or are those just special types or whatever? Sorry if it's stupid questions, I know very little about bindings.
    Quadrex and driver toes are specific to Salomon. Every manufacturer has its own design for toe (and heel) pieces and its own name for them. As far as how they all compare to salomon's, I couldn't tell you.

if its not bright orange or green with the 18 din setting cranked all the way up don't bother..

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Quadrex and driver toes are specific to Salomon. Every manufacturer has its own design for toe (and heel) pieces and its own name for them. As far as how they all compare to salomon's, I couldn't tell you.
    Thanks for the info.