FS: Four Wheel Camper and Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 2000

FS: 2000 Four Wheel Camper and 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, apprx. 140,000m.

Tacoma: 2000 Extra Cab SLR off road 4x4, 6 foot metal bed, apprx 140,000m, proffessionaly maintained. Extra springs in back to support camper. No issues. My buddy's new Tacoma has the plastic bed, I way prefer my metal bed. I have an extra set of unmounted wheels if you want them. Current tires are M&S and I wasn't planning on replacing them anytime soon. Only non standard maintence was a water pump at 80,000. I will check with my mechanic if I had any other issues but that is all I can remember.

2000 Four Wheel Camper, Eagle? 6 feet to to fit Tacoma. Its reputation stands for itself so I will only point out upgrades and problems. 5 gal LPG. Two burner stove, hot air furnace. 12? gal water tank that I haven't used in years, pain to keep sanitary, easier to carry water containers. Upgraded last summer with solar power, gas struts to help raise roof, extra battery in camper (three total, one in engine, two in camper) and two way fridge (I think it has a small freezer). I prefer the two way to the three way as the three way uses electricity much less efficiently than the two way. Also pain to keep pilot lit in gas mode if windy. I have never run out of battery power while using the new fridge, with the two batteries in the camper and the solar power. Maintainence issues on camper: No leaks now. Door leaked, fixed last summer. Fan in roof leaked, replaced years ago. A couple of holes in vynil, patched. Laminate floor was coming up so I tore it out, floor is plywood.

This is a great camper set up for someone who wants to get a bit further back than with other campers. I have been up the roughest 4x4 approaches in the Sierra with this, including Split Mountain, Bloody, and Buttermilk road. Going the speed limit between Bishop and Tahoe, I once got 20.5 miles a gallon (camper is light and pops down for better wind profile.)

Only reason I am selling is that I am getting married and it will be hard to fit both my fiance and her daughter in the cab for long trips. Plus we have four cars between us and I need to get rid of one.

Everything worked on a trip in April but I haven't used the camper since then. It drove fine a few weeks ago. In my old house it was stored in the garage. It is now on the west shore of Tahoe.

Email offers and questions: anthonyrabinowitz at att dot net I will post pics soon. I will also do more research into a reasonable price but this is not a budget car camping option.

nice set up!.

I have an 06 taco, with a finch on it. Perfect.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Are you going to split up the package? I could possibly be very interested in the camper. Looking forward to pics.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

bump for pics...

a little more info would be nice right? maybe pics and a price?

I can vouch that it is a quality setup. Tony takes good care of his stuff. If a Mag buys it, they will get a good deal.

Sorry for lagging on keeping up with this forum, lot of other stuff going on.

TM, thanks for the bump and the tips.

I will take pics next sunny day and post them.

I have found a few extras for this setup including yakima cross bars, step that attaches to the tire to help access the roof, folding ladder (6ft tall?) for even better access, tailgate with all parts to attach it (I think). I have the original stereo but will include the 2013 stereo with all the extras for the right price. Camper has a cd stereo that works but one of the speakers might be damaged (missing protective screen but sounds fine to me). Also has hitch with no electrical hook ups for bike rack. Extra springs in back. Rig is also a chick magnet, which Kate will attest too.

It has been sitting in the rain in Tahoe for the last couple of days, no leaks.

Pricing: I can't give this setup away; I am getting married next week and I might want to get an RV that will hold 3 adults comfortably (Kate's daughter is 13, 5'7".) Kelly Blue Book for private party sale for this truck in "good" condition is $7200. Camper new was about $9000 but has been well maintained and has had a number of significant upgrades. New today these campers go for more than 14K. I am thinking $12.5k for camper and truck, extras negotiable. My buddy sold an identical set up seperarately for camper and truck within a week of posting it and says he didn't get enough money and should have sold them together. I would rather try to keep them together unless someone gives me an unbeatable price on the camper.

If there are no takers here, CL, or wanderthewest, price will come down. I don't need to sell it till the snow flies. It is not available till after 8/19, as it will be our honeymoon suite with 12 inlaws and 5 dogs in the house for the wedding.

I would love to keep it in the "family" so I can keep up with Bandita's further adventures.

off the market! I just went on a camping trip with the whole family, including two dogs with this rig.

Congratulations on the nuptials and new family, Tony!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Mazeltov!

keeeeeep it!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's