Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Android App

I like the look of the new Android app, but a couple questions.

1. How do I remove user avatars? This used to be an option on the app as well as online. I do not see it in the app anymore.

2. Is there a way to remove Padded Room and Political Asshatery from the Timeline? If I can't get rid of both, at least 1.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post

1. How do I remove user avatars? This used to be an option on the app as well as online. I do not see it in the app anymore.

2. Is there a way to remove Padded Room and Political Asshatery from the Timeline? If I can't get rid of both, at least 1.
    We are looking into these and have a support ticket open with Tapatalk. Thanks and glad you like the new app too!

Works fast. Doesn't crash. New posts shows PolyAss. Also it's called Timeline, which is ridiculous. And ignore doesn't work right, especially if it's a posts that quotes another one.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

New TGR Forums App Now Available

Hey mags,

We’ve launched an upgraded TGR Forums app that is now available to download for Android devices on Google Play. We're still waiting for it to clear the Apple store and be available for iOS and we'll keep you updated when it's up there.

The TGR Forum app is powered by Tapatalk’s most current technology, which provides you with much improved functionality and a better experience on your smartphone. The Forums will be accessible only through the app, and not through the general Tapatalk forum app, since they’re pretty much the same.

Opening, Timeline, and Toolbar views:

Subscribed Threads and Private Message page views:

Quick Tips About New Post Format
    The manner in which posts pull when you click on a thread is still a bit tricky.

In Settings, you can change your Read Order to either pull the Latest Post, First Unread post, Oldest Post, or Always Ask Me. Most will want to set to First Unread Post, and this is not the default app setting so you’ll have to select it manually.

Here are general observations when you pull threads:

-In Timeline, clicking on a thread title goes to either the first or last post
    -In Browse, things are less consistent when you click a thread
    -In Subscribed or Participated, it generally goes to the last read post or first unread post
    -In Unread, it’ll go to the last read/first unread post, but can go to others as well

Be sure to pull the thread list down in order to update what threads you’ve already read. You’ll need to do that to get the app to remember, otherwise it will take you to the same place in the thread again.

Accessing the TGR Forums via mobile is much improved now and we’re working closely with Tapatalk to continue to improve it. Cheers and enjoy mags, and please leave any and all feedback about the new app in this thread.

Download links:
    Google Play [now available]
    Apple app store [TBD]
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Why does the background turn beige when I scroll and then go back to white when I stop?

Quoted text is back to normal, thanks for fixing that.

Been using it a few days on my tablet, works well, thanks.

The gigantic TGR ads everywhere are super annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Been using it a few days on my tablet, works well, thanks.

The gigantic TGR ads everywhere are super annoying though.
    Dude, MAKE IT SICK!!!

Yeah, sorry Dunfee, I'm not your target audience but those are so fucking annoying I will go out of my way to not buy stupid merch.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

it's like social media ads all gpt together to vomit all over my phone.
    Fix ignore.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

When I click on a thread (from anywhere) it doesn't go to the unread post since my last visit, it goes to a random post from ages ago (always the same one in each thread). So it seems like the unread vs read isn't updating.

FWIW I had this same problem with the normal Tapatalk app.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    When I click on a thread (from anywhere) it doesn't go to the unread post since my last visit, it goes to a random post from ages ago (always the same one in each thread). So it seems like the unread vs read isn't updating.

FWIW I had this same problem with the normal Tapatalk app.
    Yeah I've been pulling my hair out over this one. Trying to get tapatalk to clarify why that happens but since it often happens in the desktop forums, were thinking it's a broader vbulletin issue.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    The Forums will be accessible only through the app, and not through the general Tapatalk forum app, since they’re pretty much the same.
    Whoa, hold the phone. You're going to remove the forums from tapatalk? The ONLY semi-consistent way of viewing the forums on a smartphone for the last 5 or so years that it took us years to finely get after begging for it forever? That we originally had to pay for, and now you're just taking that away? So I will need to launch the TGR app, and then the tapatalk app to go to another forum I frequent?

That's got to be a type-o dude, no one is that fucking retarded.
    Last edited by systemoverblow'd; 07-17-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

The iOS app is now available as well for an update.

New TGR Forums App Now Available

Can you ask the geniuses to get a few more ads packed into it? The experience would be so much better if only there were MOAR ADS!
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 07-18-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    The iOS app is now available as well for an update.
    link is here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tgr-...479373849?mt=8

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post

1. This is not currently supported in the new app. We have been informed it will be in the future but not sure when.
    2. The only way to accomplish this would be to completely remove these 2 sub-forums from the app for all users. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Whoa, hold the phone. You're going to remove the forums from tapatalk? The ONLY semi-consistent way of viewing the forums on a smartphone for the last 5 or so years that it took us years to finely get after begging for it forever? That we originally had to pay for, and now you're just taking that away? So I will need to launch the TGR app, and then the tapatalk app to go to another forum I frequent?

That's got to be a type-o dude, no one is that fucking retarded.
    Hey look they're ignoring negative feedback.

Bring back the mother fucking tags.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post

Best thing about tags was they brought out some good humor. Worst thing was [imho] they sucked up a lot of bandwidth for no real useful function. As in, nobody did a search based on tags [even if the search function was solid]. It was just another humor outlet, which given the history here will find another way to express itself. Figure it out...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Removing Tapatalk support is idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post

It's fine. They've been ignoring me since I started actually calling them out. I think it's because I use poopy words like "fucking retards" and "Dumb motherfuckers", because they seem to only ignore me.

It's cool. If they do remove it, they will have solved a big problem on TGR. Me. I won't come back. I'm this close to not bothering anymore and every inch they take away to create something retarded (which they tried to do years ago and failed because no one wanted another fucking social media outlet) make me want to leave. Which will be dope for everyone here. But the day I can't log in from tapatalk because they want to force us to use their awful new fucking app, I'll log in, ask to have my account deleted and never come back. They've already lost the old school hardcore bros the last couple years (how many pros even look at this forum anymore), they may as well lose the meanie heads as well.

Does anyone else get the flashing background colors when scrolling? It's starting to drive me crazy.

it would be cool if the app was somehow synched with your profile so that, if you've read something on the web via your profile, the app would recognize this and not show new posts that aren't really new to you

this is for the ios version (which is finally usable, far less crashing [tho not zero crashing])...i'll let others chime in on android

spook Guest
    hey does the new app come with fewer assholes?

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    hey does the new app come with fewer assholes?
    You're still here ... ?! Hahaha.

C'mon you left yourself wide open for that one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

We're here. We know you have a new film you want us to buy. Do you have to put a giant ad on every fucking thread and multiple times during the forum browsing experience? What a bunch of out-of-touch whores. This is 2000 and late bullshit.

Anyway to NOT get a fucking notification for every time someone comments on a thread I am subscribed to? I don't need TGR to interrupt my life every two fucking seconds. Nevermind... I'll go back to tapatalk for the interim before I leave this fucking shit pile.

Way to turn a once awesome forum into a gigantic piece of shit.