New Scenerio after your comments

So after the comments on my earlier post I have a new scenerio.

I can get an SB-66 (alloy enduro with crappy 32mm fork) for about $900 less then the Intense Tracer I was also considering. After the comments on the SB-66 I could get that bike and upgrade the fork with pike and still have about the same into it as the Tracer.

So should I get the SB-66 over the Tracer? Both bikes are ridiculously cheap which is why I am considering it over waiting to see what the future holds.

What's your budget? I see that BC.com is selling the SB-66 frames for $1250-1500. Given the lower prices on 26" stuff right now (fork and wheels specifically), you could build a hell of a bike for $2500.

New Scenerio after your comments

I also have a Med SB66 with literally a couple rides on it I could let go for 1900 in a couple weeks (wont be able to ship till then). Fox 34 up front.

Smmokan thats the intriguing part about going the route of the sb-66 is it is looking like I could get the bike complete for around $1200 and then I could make component changes relatively cheap as needed.

Lindahl that is a great offer, but I've been pretty much a large in every bike at 6". I'd have to double check on the 66 sizing though.

Quote Originally Posted by mwthomsen View Post
    Smmokan thats the intriguing part about going the route of the sb-66 is it is looking like I could get the bike complete for around $1200 and then I could make component changes relatively cheap as needed.
    $1200 for a complete Yeti SB-66? Buy it now before the guy selling it realizes he's virtually giving it away. Then let me know when you have it, and let's go ride Hall Ranch after work sometime.

Sounds like a plan

agreed, snag that deal and give him a case of the finest beer you can find
    then swap a pike on, or save a few bucks and go with a vengeance which imo is damn near as rad

The OG Tracer VP (Tracer 1) is a totally different story than a Tracer2 or 275. I've owned all the former 2 and now own a T275. The OG Tracer has a really flexy rear end and was also plagued by some alignment issues. Plus first gen VPP does not ride like second, and now third gen. It was REALLY saggy and dead feeling compared to the new stuff.

That's a screamin deal on the Yeti, it is a sick bike no question. I'd jump on it.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air