Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Ok so who is going to admit to using the liner shorts under their cool non biking shorts?

I wear them lots under whatever I happen to be wearing when I go for a quik rip on the bluff

IME for trails and free ride the ass of any not biking specific short wore/ripped pretty quick and so its worth buying a real heavy nylon biking short
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by juanbendedknee View Post
    Speaking of know-it-all behavior....
    jesus, a sign that a brain functions behind the keyboard... it's astounding I tell you. I'm sure I don't know when I'm typing whether the style and content I offer is KIA in attitude, and I couldn't ever post something intentionally KIA to make a point. nope, couldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    uhhhh PVD has welded up many many frames of his own design. He's been active in the steel frame building community for a LONG time. Worked at Fat Chance, designed the original IF disc dropouts, recently designed some disc dropouts for ti builders FireFly and Engin.
    maybe when I post something ironic to show the hipsters what is irony, the definition won't mutate as quickly

in any case, I can "design" dropouts all fucking day long and I guarantee they'd be at least 100% the quality, efficiency and durability of PVD's work. did you know I "designed" the modern hardtail with slack HA short CS long TT and low BB? the Evil crmo HT that Weagle intro'd at ibike in 03 was my design. he didn't get it from me, but it's the same fucking geometry I "designed" on a drafting table at home. I'm trampling your assertions with truth, bro!

can someone else kick this ball along? I want an assist not a goal.
    Last edited by creaky fossil; 12-02-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Bibs every ride. I can't even wear chammied shorts anymore, bibs are just so damn comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    uhhhh PVD has welded up many many frames of his own design. He's been active in the steel frame building community for a LONG time. Worked at Fat Chance, designed the original IF disc dropouts, recently designed some disc dropouts for ti builders FireFly and Engin.
    In all the PVD bashing of the review on Charlie's Facebook post and here you're the only one who's pointed out that he actually has some fairly deep background on bikes. Looking at even the Alley Oop video that woo mocks PVD actually has some good skills. The Nomad review was pretty weird though - that's hard to argue

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Looking at even the Alley Oop video that woo mocks PVD actually has some good skills.
    Definitely a different takeaway than mine.

I just see a weirdo taking the time to get a friend to sit there with a camera so he can be in front of it going "look at my incredibly unique......thing....... I'm doing here." But then again, that's most of his blog. He definitely takes hem lengths seriously.......on shorts he spends a few paragraphs lambasting just prior.

I don't hate the guy or anything. He's just got some really funny stuff on there that wasn't intended to be so.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    In all the PVD bashing of the review on Charlie's Facebook post and here you're the only one who's pointed out that he actually has some fairly deep background on bikes. Looking at even the Alley Oop video that woo mocks PVD actually has some good skills. The Nomad review was pretty weird though - that's hard to argue
    You should read much deeper into his blog before slagging him off as some mtbr gear princess.

After reading his Nomad review (where he set up the bike like it was an 80s Bontrager Privateer) and his 10.25" DH shorts it's pretty apparent where his mtb idiology lies. His complaint that the 1x11 wasn't enough gear for fire road descents was even more telling.
    Yes, if you think a fun ride is 3200' climb followed by a fire road descent, a Nomad probably doesn't belong on your short list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

http://www.peterverdone.com/?p=4663

This is more fitting for Marin county trails than the Nomad.

Still WAAAYYY too much bike.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I bet he has a separate PVD wiki on his hard drive, documenting such things as proper ass wiping procedure after taking a shit, and it's probably broken down by types of shit and types of toilet paper, with a variety of alternative wiping techniques discussed and all but one dismissed.

http://www.peterverdone.com/wiki/ind...IE_Advanced_X1

http://www.peterverdone.com/wiki/ind...PVD_Winter_MTB

http://www.peterverdone.com/?p=3852

http://www.peterverdone.com/?p=1563

It's okay he has a stable of bikes either he's built or had built in trade for design work that are more suited to Marin.

he needs designs for:

70-76deg F and partly cloudy

80+degF and sunny

sub-50degF and cloudy with 45% chance of rain

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    he needs designs for:

70-76deg F and partly cloudy
    6" enduro bike

80+degF and sunny
    5" enduro bike

sub-50degF and cloudy with 45% chance of rain
    stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    I bet he has a separate PVD wiki on his hard drive, documenting such things as proper ass wiping procedure after taking a shit, and it's probably broken down by types of shit and types of toilet paper, with a variety of alternative wiping techniques discussed and all but one dismissed.
    Worthy topic for tech talk. But you'll get all the same responses.

Triple ply, folded then bunched works well for all conditions.
    Some will say you can never have enough ply, go five-ply.
    The hard core shitters use gloves to avoid pre-release, you need gloves at all times.
    And rog will say a single piece of single ply works for all types of shit and anything more is just skiing to get shit on your hand.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbendedknee View Post
    Speaking of know-it-all behavior...
    How do you pick a poster to apply that too.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Worthy topic for tech talk. But you'll get all the same responses.

Triple ply, folded then bunched works well for all conditions.
    Some will say you can never have enough ply, go five-ply.
    The hard core shitters use gloves to avoid pre-release, you need gloves at all times.
    And rog will say a single piece of single ply works for all types of shit and anything more is just skiing to get shit on your hand.
    I'm feelin' the stoke, thanks brah!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    How do you pick a poster to apply that too.
    obviously it doesn't get applied to a person with an air chuck on his temple... like, say, stuckie. no, we apply it to the person who is making fun of those phonies. we do this because our handle shows t-tips bitchfest whinecuss ego.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    6" enduro bike

5" enduro bike

stay home.
    that last category is the most enduro of all

I think you win the series