West Coast mag moves to CT...

Where the fuck dose a guy buy fly fishing shit in new haven, ct?

Spart

Sent from my BNTV400 using TGR Forums

Not sure where to buy things in New Haven, but you have two killer rivers in that state (Housatonic and Farmington), plus tons of smaller decent rivers and limitless creeks full of brookies. The smallmouth on the Housatonic is some of my favorite fishing anywhere. Plus tons of saltwater fishing in the sound as well (I don't know much about that though). My wife is from CT and we'll likely be moving to New Milford sometime next year.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

http://www.riversendtackle.com/ a little ways up 95 in Old Saybrook but worth it. Owner is the father of an old friend of mine and is the real deal.

Mammoth Lakes to New Haven...

VIBES.

As said, check out Old Saybrook, Deep River, Essex, Haddam area for some relief.

Some awesome fishing on the Salmon River in Haddam, Farmington in Canton/Farmington/Avon/Simsbury/Granby, etc.

upcountry sports in new hartford is an awesome place for fly stuff.... if youre ever up around these parts.
    Ski The East.
    Lemurs are rad.

By now you probably see how short a drive it is to get up into VT....nice populations of browns and rainbows....for the EC...lol, but as said...a few+ rivers for trout...and a nice coastal zone for stripers.

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    By now you probably see how short a drive it is to get up into VT....nice populations of browns and rainbows....for the EC...lol, but as said...a few+ rivers for trout...and a nice coastal zone for stripers.
    youd be surprised to see the fishing on the farmington man. i dont know if youre from CT, but there are some BIG BOYS in there....
    Ski The East.
    Lemurs are rad.

No doubt frecnhy...some nice bows in the upper Deerfield(MA) too. Used to be(haven't checked lately),,but there were a few+ pools in the Battenkill that would harbor some monsters.
    Last edited by steved; 07-31-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frecnhy. View Post
    youd be surprised to see the fishing on the farmington man. i dont know if youre from CT, but there are some BIG BOYS in there....
    Yup. The Housy has some big browns in it too, and in the summer the smallmouth fishing is amazing (not to mention the Pike and Carp). I was out there last August for my wedding and got a few days on the Housy. Caught a couple nice browns, one rainbow, and more smallies than I can count. I was throwing a 6wt Redington CPX (no slouch of a rod) and those little fuckers would bend that thing all the way to the cork. Plus, CT is just a good place to be for fishing. You're only about 3-4 hours away from a bunch of PA spring creeks, 4 hours from steelhead on the salmon river in NY, 4 hours from the AuSable in NY, 3 hours from the Battenkill in VT, an hour or so from the Long Island Sound for salt water fishing, 2 hours from the Beaverkill in the Catskills, and much more. Great home waters and limitless road trip potential.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

To say nothing about driving proximity to the upper branches of the Delaware...has to be one of the prime jewels of the EC. Terrific hatches + big water = big trout. Close to PA and mid-central NYS...that has some nice alkaline streams...