The other ankle this time...

Been here before back in November, this time its the other ankle. Cracked talus. Stupid overgrown grass with hidden stumps RIGHT next to the trail.

spook Guest
    maybe you have really wide feet

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Been here before back in November, this time its the other ankle. Cracked talus. Stupid overgrown grass with hidden stumps RIGHT next to the trail.
    That sucks!
    Prognosis? 6 weeks?

You break the talus in your other foot too? When's surgery?

Fractured Medial Malleolus on the other foot in November was skiing by January. No surgery for either (minor fracture, no displacement). Will find out more by the end of the week. He's saying it could be just a series of sprains, but since Talus fractures are hard to see, no reason to waste an xray/mri until after a week if I still can't weight-bear. If I can, I'm sort of good-to-go with a brace as long as I'm careful.

What's the word? Talus are scary bones to break, but it sounds like you've got the minor fractures figured rather than the full bore explosions. Hope it's doing alright..

Yeah, its all micro fractures. Riding bikes anyway and sucking it up. Some level of risk, but that goes with just about everything I do for fun, anyway. Better but still small amounts of pain leftover, and sharp pain if I plant my foot oddly. Doesn't seem to be the talus, more like the little foot bones in front of it. Mild sprain at the base of the achilles too. Never did the MRI, since I could walk, even though there was quite a bit of pain. Wore an old ankle brace for a bit, and mostly stayed off it for the first two weeks. Stoked that I got away so easily.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 07-03-2014 at 09:28 PM.