FNG boater, looking for advice, and gear

So I was a decent paddler about a decade or two ago, and gave it up for various reasons, now I'm looking to get back in.

Just looking for a little advice as far as what kinda boat I need. Apparently this is a "Fringe Sport" again. I'm looking to paddle CO high country rivers, CO, Gore, Browns/numbers, ect. Just stuff around my locale.

Anyone got anything for sale for a bigger guy? Size L/XL

Really like my Diesel 80, good all around boat, comfy, can handle creeking and surfs nicely. Check one out.

Many good designs to choose from.
    How big are you? Over 200?
    Last edited by scottyb; 06-09-2014 at 05:25 AM.
    watch out for snakes

6'2" 200 lbs, long ass legs. I'm looking for something used and cheap, and versatile. You know, just getting into it. Found some stuff on CL but I really have no idea about boats. Not looking for a full on shorty playboat, need something that can handle bigger water, I guess.

ETA: checked out that Diesel 80, look about perfect for what I'm thinking. Now if I could just find a used one. Now that Kayak has fallen into the fringe, there should be lots to choose from right?

I am similar, 6' and 200ish. I think the Diesel would beea good fit 4u. They have been around a while so used is certainly out there. Check out CKS as they are in your area and have used boats online and in the shop. Scope out any river festivals in your area 4dealios also.

Also for longer legs and moar comfort look at a Green boat(Dagger) or Karma UL (Jackson).
    watch out for snakes

looks like Boatertalk still has a good gearswap
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

MountainBuzz is probably your best bet in Colorado addition to Craigslist.

http://www.mountainbuzz.com/swap/showcat.php?cat=16

There are a lot of great boats that will work for you so don't pidgeon hole yourself to just a Diesel.

The Green Boat and Karma UL are REALLY long and most likely overkill. I haven't seen them on teh river much out here so likely not many used either.