Thread: Some butte pics

Some butte pics

Nothing speacial but thought I'd share.

yet another good weekend with a maggot posse.

Nice to meet you Telekoptero, sorry we didn't get to make turns.

^foggy consults the gnar guide

^crested butte rocks

^strand finds one

^drunk hippies

^sir goggles

^view of town from the peak

Definately a fun weekend. It was great to ski a totally new place. Good snow and great weather. Tons of stuff to jump off of and lots of tech-lines. With snow the butte definately meets expectations.

Some beauty's of the Butte.
    A gay-rage full of toys. You can guess em.

You don't even have the camera vertical, making it less steep looking. Yeah, the Butte sucks.

Scheduled to go there the 9th + 10th.
    sooo psyched.

Thanks to the FUCC and $10/day lift tickets!
    "Verily, my folly has grown tall in the mountains." - Fredrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Good times! I hadn't been to Crusty But (in the winter) for about 8yrs. With snow, that place def delivers as much sketchbird as anyone could want. Once you figure it out, it's super easy to get around and ski tons of steeps. Nice pics Hev!

i need to lean how to not suck at taking pictures. all mine and pretty stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by nealric
    Scheduled to go there the 9th + 10th.
    sooo psyched.

Thanks to the FUCC and $10/day lift tickets!
    I'll be down there again that weekend also! Let's hook up for some runs. Shoot me a PM.

More Crested Butte Pics:
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27746

Hey Hev, where is that "Crested Butte Rocks" pic? Is that the Edge?
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Nice you guys. I kick myself for not going. Repeatedly.

Foggy, might as well have yours too.

BZ- I don't think that shot is the edge. Even when I was there a couple of months ago there were fewer rocks.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    Nice you guys. I kick myself for not going. Repeatedly.

Foggy, might as well have yours too.

BZ- I don't think that shot is the edge. Even when I was there a couple of months ago there were fewer rocks.
    Your mad nav skillz would have come in handy. "Turn right in Gunny toward the But" was not enough to avoid a late night tour of the east end of Blue Mesa. You would have enjoyed my absolute dominance of the the inexpensive non-franchise resturant scene. Add to your metal database:

Jans in BV - Hearty country cooking with the hardest working 5yo waitress you've ever seen.
    Paradise in CB - $6 loggers breky
    Amica's in Salida - kickass woodfired personal pies

2. ?

3. Don't ask me, trail names are for tool. I'm more of a over hear, over there, traverse till it looks good kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles
    Your mad nav skillz would have come in handy. "Turn right in Gunny toward the But" was not enough to avoid a late night tour of the east end of Blue Mesa. You would have enjoyed my absolute dominance of the the inexpensive non-franchise resturant scene. Add to your metal database:

Jans in BV - Hearty country cooking with the hardest working 5yo waitress you've ever seen.
    Paradise in CB - $6 loggers breky
    Amica's in Salida - kickass woodfired personal pies

2. ?

3. Don't ask me, trail names are for tool. I'm more of a over hear, over there, traverse till it looks good kinda guy.

1) Nice foggy- way to represent. Paradise is good. On hill the avy brekky is also decent.

Is Jan's the diner on the W. side as you come into town from Lville? Small counter, small dining room?

2) Your lame pictures

3) don't give me that bullshit Mr. I-have-a-name-for-ever-20yd-pitch-of-trees-at-winter-park-mary-jane.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

I'll be there on the 10th as well with 1 Mag a couple non-Maggots. Gotta use the last day on my X-Pass

Nice pics. Butte is a weird looking mountain. From the first pic above it seems like it is off on its own in regards to other mountains. I unfortunately do most of my skiing in the east, but it kinda reminds me of Jay Peak in northern VT. It also looks small - where is all the gnar? On the backside or in areas you can't initially see from the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by thommy21
    I'll be there on the 10th as well with 1 Mag a couple non-Maggots. Gotta use the last day on my X-Pass
    Nice! Who is the other mag? See you down there!

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    1)
    3) don't give me that bullshit Mr. I-have-a-name-for-ever-20yd-pitch-of-trees-at-winter-park-mary-jane.
    I make that shit up as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Huxtable
    It also looks small - where is all the gnar? On the backside or in areas you can't initially see from the bottom?
    No Gnar - remember Colorado sucks - don't come here!

that's bubbas on the way down to elks

the gnar is litterally everywhere. you can climb the peak and there are lots of stuff over lookers left that is not obvious from the pics.

jibco, he's pretty new to the board. We'll be at Silverton the 9th and driving up to CB after we're done.

Bump, I was looking for some CB info and came across this thread and had totally forgotten about his trip.
    Anyhoo, I'm looking for a lodging recommendation. 2 or 3 couples, fairly budget, in town or at the hill. What do you got?

Hey Foggy. We are frequenting this thread https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...i-stoke-thread

Don't have a great lodging rec for ya really. I'd recommend checking out VRBO. When are you coming? Hit us up before you do!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

If you're planning on skiing resort sometimes the Grand Lodge condos are a good bet for 4-6 people. Some of the bigger ones have a kitchen and come with a few lift tickets per night's stay.