Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lhasa Pow Presale Is On Now!

...On 50 pair of any of our Lhasa Pows and also the new 184 Byas at a rock bottom price of $650 for hybrids, $750 for pure carbon in any of these models from June 15 to July 15, or whenever we hit 50 pair, at which time the sale will end. Due to demand, we are also throwing in five pair of Kusalas Pows in either hybrid or carbon layups. Only five pair of Kusala pows at these prices. The sale is only good for the first 50 pair ordered. Because I have developed a severe allergy to fiberglass the skis will be made in Seattle by some of the old K2 crew. Pricing on the website now reflects the sale price. Get 'em while they are available - and get six months to pay with our Paypal Bill Me Later financing. See details of Bill Me later below. No interest offer from Paypal apparently ends June 30.

From Paypal...
    SPECIAL OFFER: NO PAYMENTS + NO INTEREST IF PAID IN FULL IN 6 MONTHS.
    Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the purchase balance is not paid in full in 6 months.

It's easy to be in control with special financing from Bill Me Later®.
    Make a purchase.
    • Spend at least $250.
    • Complete your purchase by midnight ET on June 30, 2014.
    • Select "Yes, I'd like no payments and no interest if paid in full..." at checkout to receive your offer.

Avoid interest charges.
    • Watch for your statement each month or view your account information online at any time to stay on top of your purchases and make payments.
    • Pay the amount financed for this purchase in full by the promotion expiration date on your statement.
    • Take advantage of promotional financing on multiple purchases up to your available credit line and we'll help you keep track of when each promotional balance is due.

Your Money. Your Choice.
    • If you'd like more time to pay, interest will accumulate at an Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 19.99% starting from the date of this purchase.
    • The accumulated or "deferred" interest will be added to your account balance when the promotional period for this purchase expires, if the balance is not paid in full.
    • Deferred interest amounts and expiration dates are available on your statement and online - so you can stay informed along the way.

Not yet, cat. But Keith and I talked about this the other day and have reached a tentative arrangement.
    [edit] That tentative agreement didn't work out, so the skis will now be built in Seattle by a company with the ability to engineer and produce the component parts integral to the design and performance of our skis. This company also has the extensive carbon fiber experience required to make the skis exactly as they need to be made.

eldereldo - it's a 98 waist piste/pow screamer we did a limited edition run on this spring.

We're going to put the sale together and run it for 30 days as a test run for the whole thing.
    If we get enough orders, we'll run with it. If not, I'll go do something else.

We would prefer to do one topsheet so let me know, maybe a poll is in order and, I'll try to make it happen.
    I know a lot of people like the see through to the carbon tops but if it's time to change up, I'm all about the feedback.

These???
    You oughta see the yellow in the 183s...

I love the blue, but red is indeed hot over the carbon.
    Prolly never reach any consensus so we'll just find something that works.
    Going to try to get this sale launched next week.

Don't know how often MiCol checks in but I can tell you the 186 Lhasa has a predominant semi-pintail that is very noticeable. In stretching out those dims to a 191, it feels much more like a conventional tail.

Just changed the prices on the website for the sale.
    Still working on pulling together a category for the Byas....including a full description.

Got the guys working on the website upgrade to put the Byas on the site, Andi.
    A few other people asked about this, so we're on it.
    Sale is on and people are ordering as of yesterday.
    We'll have the Byas up asap.

Byas are up on the site now. Scroll down on the ski page.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    So, what's the rocker/camber profile like on that Bya?

Estimated weights in the two layups?
    Subtle rocker 30 cm back from tip. Will be dropped to about 25. 3mm positive camber under foot.

Current hybrid layup at 1900g, estimated to go down to 1850 in the hybrid, 1770 in pure.

Moar hear:

http://pmgear.com/skis/bro-bya/

As I thought, bcl is 100 cm from the tip on the Bya. Told the webguy to get it changed tonite on the site.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

I believe I can trim it by 300 grams now, kevino.
    Got quite a spread of carbon weights and weaves I'm working with.
    Got two interns from France helping me now and we're pressing out everything in the shop.
    We have ten pair of Kusalas we'll be getting to soon to try some new cloths on to knock out some more weight.

Also, in talking with Lindahl, I'm thinking we can add a semi-transparent yellow background to the tops behind the blue graphics on the slikscreened tops I have for reflectiveness. I'm hoping he wants to guinea pig this idea on his pair.

Once we see what we can do with the current tops, I'll let you know, Andi. Since the skis are size and model specific, just flipping them ski to ski is not practical but can be done. As I explained to Lindahl, most outfits print their tops on printers with a solid color backing. However, that kind of printing doesn't allow the clear to carbon look. Ours are silkscreened in order to get the blue on the clear. After Keith tried to do some Kusala tops on his printer last year, the blue faded to semi-transparent gray because the ink was not thick enough and the printer won't do a backing coat in exactly the same place to keep the color intact. However, since we have Kusala tops in stock, I was going to run a semi-transparent backing over the clear to see how that worked on Lindahls and anyone else's. Next topsheet order, I'll have the topsheet guys reverse the clear to color and leave the graphic as clear carbon. However, single custom topsheets slikscreened are super costly. Need to do batches to get the price down to acceptable levels. And even then, the cost is quite high to do the tops we use.

Adding the Bill Me Later option on the website checkout that Paypal offers for people who want to pay over time.
    I believe it stretches it out six months or so....

Our Bill Me Later financing is now in effect on the website, abraham.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnHard View Post
    Sorry if I missed this info elsewhere - how much do a pair of 186 Lhasa Pow pures weigh?

I'm considering them mounted with Dukes as my 80/20 ski for everything other than spring ski touring, for which I will likely get a La Sportiva Vapor.
    3.6-3.8 lbs per ski BurnHard.

Here's the skinny from Paypal...

SPECIAL OFFER: NO PAYMENTS + NO INTEREST IF PAID IN FULL IN 6 MONTHS.
    Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the purchase balance is not paid in full in 6 months.

It's easy to be in control with special financing from Bill Me Later®.
    Make a purchase.
    • Spend at least $250.
    • Complete your purchase by midnight ET on June 30, 2014.
    • Select "Yes, I'd like no payments and no interest if paid in full..." at checkout to receive your offer.

Avoid interest charges.
    • Watch for your statement each month or view your account information online at any time to stay on top of your purchases and make payments.
    • Pay the amount financed for this purchase in full by the promotion expiration date on your statement.
    • Take advantage of promotional financing on multiple purchases up to your available credit line and we'll help you keep track of when each promotional balance is due.

Your Money. Your Choice.
    • If you'd like more time to pay, interest will accumulate at an Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 19.99% starting from the date of this purchase.
    • The accumulated or "deferred" interest will be added to your account balance when the promotional period for this purchase expires, if the balance is not paid in full.
    • Deferred interest amounts and expiration dates are available on your statement and online - so you can stay informed along the way.

You mean wider than the 179 Lhasa? Oh, I see.....that's supposed to read 191 Fat. Sorry.
    No plans at this time to do a 179 Fat. That text needs a tune up. Obviously.

Closing in on 25 pair and almost halfway there.

My apologies to all who got a sale notice on email yesterday with a gigantic 'to' box full of addies.
    Intern chunked in the excel to mail department and I've been in really sorry mode all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    They aren't are they? That's something I could get behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    It's a good thing the Bros aren't on sale.
    Just saw your posts guys, I still got some hybrid reverse 183s with a topsheet slightly out of line for sale in a post from a month or so ago....

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    nothin turns that sorry mode frown upside down like product promotion nekid pics of said hot french intern.
    Been trying to think of what we needed for the google ads....thanks, Dibs!

Pressing Kusalas next week, scottyb. Got your uber impotent custom request package for your pair.

Ten pair to go and the sale will end.

Just got back from the factory in Seattle that will be manufacturing the skis this year. Still pressing out Kusalas in Reno and will decide if we continue here or let Seattle do it all. Very impressive operation with super ability to produce the engineered molds and cores in house for a great product.

Six pair left in the sale before it closes.