Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fox's New 36

Fox's New 36

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    For what its worth I do believe the Pike requires less frequent tear downs but again, splitting hairs.
    I'm also guessing pike service parts are cheaper, easier to find/buy, aren't they? and a little less work...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    The new 36 is much better than the one of old. I'll have the 2016 in a week (ish) and will post an update then.
    anything new at least on paper?

Everything was new on the latest Fox 36. The one I'll be receiving for 2016 only has a few small changes.

Both the Pike and the 36 are very similar in how they work (like, the same). Makes sense if you see the cross over of personnel between the two engineering teams. When I say "service" I'm really referring to one thing - cleaning/relubing the lowers. The Pike seems to hold its buttery-smooth feel longer.

On the flip side the larger bushing of the 36 hold up better to bigger guys (fork doesn't bind as much when pounding on it).

Again, 6s. Anyone who can kick ass on one will kick ass on the other...

I don't know why all the hate I have an 11 fox float rc2 36. It's bomber. Just redid the lowers, uses all of its travel properly and the thru axel is nice, every thing feels good and stiff, stanchions seem to be holding up great. What's not to love
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.