North Face of North Maroon Peak - Finally

On Saturday I finally skied the North Face of North Maroon Peak with my friend (non-mag) NB. This mountain has stymied me for one reason or another for the past 4 years. Below are some highlights. To get the whole story with a lot more pictures and beta you can CHECK IT OUT HERE. To all you blog haters, I'm not trying to spam you, I just don't want to re-do everything that I already did. Just trying to share some stoke.

NB had everything except his ski pants. This may be the gnarliest thing anyone has ever skied in jeans.

When in doubt...straighten 'em out.

joelbettner.blogspot.com

Nice! I'd planned on being in the area last weekend but got discouraged enough by the forecast to bag my plans entirely. Glad somebody had the gumption to take a look anyways and cashed in big!

So many weather/snow factors need to come together for the big ones to go down (unless you've got the Midas touch ala Davenport). Good to see it finally worked out - sounds like you definitely earned it! Great TR/beta too.

Oh fuck yes! High quality.

Congrats on your successful hike and ski. Sick sick peak and line.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Nice! I'd planned on being in the area last weekend but got discouraged enough by the forecast to bag my plans entirely. Glad somebody had the gumption to take a look anyways and cashed in big!

So many weather/snow factors need to come together for the big ones to go down (unless you've got the Midas touch ala Davenport). Good to see it finally worked out - sounds like you definitely earned it! Great TR/beta too.
    I almost threw in the towel when we got out of the car at the TH in the morning because it was so warm. When we were hiking up there was cloud cover, which must have been an inversion because everything up high was frozen really well. I don't think that could have happened without clear skies. Everything up to the actual face seemed like it was going to be terrible, but oddly enough, everything worked out really well.

Big thanks to Pete Gaston for giving me the heads up on the weather and snow condition the day before. He was instrumental in my heading up there to give it a try. You aren't by chance one of his friends, are you North? He mentioned that a group of his friends might be up there at the same time, but we didn't see anyone else.

Here's to hoping for more of the Davenport-esque Midas Touch!
    When in doubt...straighten 'em out.

joelbettner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by jbski View Post
    Big thanks to Pete Gaston for giving me the heads up on the weather and snow condition the day before. He was instrumental in my heading up there to give it a try. You aren't by chance one of his friends, are you North?
    I'm not, but maybe I should be - sounds like a good guy to know!

Solid! Way to get it done with a good game plan and timing.

Wow! Some Stunning Steep Pics. Thank You. Excellent!

Sharing of Stoke Achieved!

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I didn't know Iceman's real name was NB. Seriously though. That's money.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

great stuff Joel!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Always SO good to get something done that's been a challenge for a while Looks like a good day out with great conditions. Glad to see that there's still a lot of snow around Punk Rock.....
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Clap, clap, clap etc

very nice!
    however, i've been skiing in the same pants, and the GF informed me they are NOT jeans. i was bummed too.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Great stoke Joel. Congrats
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Big time!

Nice! Lovin' the stoke, and the Carhartts.

Nicely done. Did you ski down the exact same route that you climbed up?
    The beatings will continue until morale will improve.

Excellent TR. I enjoyed the photos, and I always like to see the route beta that you posted on your website.

Irbis, they did. He's on Denali right now and won't be back for a bit. Around 19k right now?

^^^last update they were at 17k and in another storm
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Bad ass.

I have no much idea about the Maroon peak because my family member not give me permission to visit the Maroon peak because they said that its dangerous for me but in this pics i realized that its good and have charm in them...