Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fargo TV Series

Fargo TV Series

Anyone been watching this on FX? Holy shit, it's good. Created and written by Noah Hawley. Executive producers are the Coen brothers - sort of a continuation of the film, but a totally different story line. Starring Billy Bob, Allison Tolman, Colin Hanks, and Martin Freeman. Recurring roles by Bob Odenkirk, Adam Goldberg, Oliver Platt, and wait for it, Glenn Howerton! (among others)

Over the last couple weeks I watched the first 6 episodes; I'm impressed - and I'm a fucking snob, so maybe that's saying something, or maybe not. Regardless, I recommend checking it out.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

This show is awesome. Brought out this lurker to highly recommend it!

i'm so pissed about, fuck, no spoilers, this show rules.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Not on hulu plus, hbogo, or netflix. I need to find a way to watch this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Couchtuner.eu, had the usually ad popup bullshit but it works

Who doesn't have an ad blocker?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I don't but that's cause I use a live boot usb stick on a dead pc

the posters on this thread are soo technologically savvy

I've seen the first four episodes, thought it started out really slow, to the point that I had to check the coen brothers weren't parodying themselves, when things picked up it was good television

And it REALLY picked up in the last episode. Not quite getting the fish thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    the posters on this thread are soo technologically savvy

I've seen the first four episodes, thought it started out really slow, to the point that I had to check the coen brothers weren't parodying themselves, when things picked up it was good television
    I'm currently in Europe so proxy bay has been my friend. I am completely immune to things being slow and have enjoyed every episode though. Like PB said, the last episode REALLY picked up if you thought anything was too plodding.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    And it REALLY picked up in the last episode. Not quite getting the fish thing, though.
    I'll refrain from spoilers - are you referring to the physics of that happening? New episode tonight! Which means I'll check it tomorrow. I'm honestly enjoying this as much as True Detective, but in a different way. And it's already better than Breaking Bad, at least for me.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Billy Bob merging together Slingblade and Bad Santa. A mean ass cold killer, playing off the innocence and stupidity of everyone around him. It's refreshing to see someone other than southerners portrayed as idiots. So funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    I'll refrain from spoilers - are you referring to the physics of that happening? New episode tonight! Which means I'll check it tomorrow. I'm honestly enjoying this as much as True Detective, but in a different way. And it's already better than Breaking Bad, at least for me.
    The physics. They were so much larger than the typical water spout/tornado drop.

Airplane maybe?

It was God satisfying his vengeance on that poor grocery owner. Just like the blood & crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    It was God satisfying his vengeance on that poor grocery owner. Just like the blood & crickets.
    Okaaaaaay ....... so how did Malvo pull it off, since he seems to be the hand of God?

Oh, and another issue with the fish: it's winter - all the local bodies of water are frozen solid.

Maybe he's ice fishing buddies with the retired police chief who owns the diner?

Can't be Malvo, he doesn't know the kid and body guard will be heading back, and he thinks Stavros is at the parking garage. Just a coincidence with an act of nature.

Sent from a rotary phone.

Exactly, so unlike the blood and crickets, this appears to be an actual direct act of God ...... even if they are carp that were sucked up in China and spit out in ND, still flopping ......

Doesn't bother me, just adds to the total surreal feeling, so it's all good.
    Last edited by PB; 05-28-2014 at 04:18 PM.

According to the beginning of 7, and this isn't a huge spoiler, it was a water spout.

GO, RUN, and watch the new episode. I thought it was pretty damn awesome except for the end. The evolution of Lester is fantastic - and Billy Bob continues to be a badass.

Had to be a Spout, but isn't the nearest open water Superior? And again, wrong season.

Yeah, not totally believable, but whatever. I'm willing to give them some leeway, all shows falter at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Not on ....hbogo
    Amazing......
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Great show. Will be sad when the 10-run stint is over. No plans for going beyond this season, so the last 2 episodes should wrap things up nicely.

The Peele & Key cameos were priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    Yeah, not totally believable, but whatever. I'm willing to give them some leeway, all shows falter at some point.
    But most other things are pretty accurate (the accents are a bit exagerated, don't ya know). They even had the correct footage when they turned the Gopher hockey game on (announcer can be heard calling out Phil Kessel who played just 1 crappy season in '05-'06 before gaining momentum in the NHL).

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Amazing......
    Heh - it is amazing that someone savvy enough to have an internet connection doesn't understand why an FX show wouldn't be on HBO's web platform.