Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Skiing's Biggest Problem...

http://earlyups.com/skiings-biggest-problem/

Yeah, I can't wait to see you guys light me up for this one.

Wolves?

Insecure holsters?

High speed slarving?

Forum fonts?

Parking lot micturation?

Edit: Lack of US market manual tranny, turbo diesel, euro wagons.....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I can't believe I wasted 2 minutes reading that.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

spook Guest
    hasn't that article been written about ten billion times?

Hugh Conway Guest
    too many people trying to "live the dream" who don't have anything to contribute.

eesh man, unofficialurinalcakes died because their content blew. yer just rehashing the same stale stokeless bullshit.

Perfect. Keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    too many people trying to "live the dream" who don't have anything to contribute.

eesh man, unofficialurinalcakes died because their content blew. yer just rehashing the same stale stokeless bullshit.
    Thanks for your two cents but I'm fairly certain that attributing athletic progression to technological advancement isn't the type of thing that lead Unofficial to "dying" (hint: They crush us)

Not trying to be like Unofficial, not even a little bit, but trying to get people to talk ideas, instead of merely people and events is the real "point" of these writings.

Now, I'm not a real writer. I'm just a dude. But I do like hearing people's thoughts on shit. Even if it is pointless. (its summer right?!)

All in good fun.

Skiing's Biggest Problem...

Yeah, honestly, I don't need/want skiing opinion pieces from you guys. I come here if I want that, hah! Stick to skiing stoke (not the stupid shit unofficial has been posting the last month or so), gear reviews, and solid factual reporting on major events in the skiing world (of the PCMR shitshow level).

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Yeah, honestly, I don't need/want skiing opinion pieces from you guys. I come here if I want that, hah! Stick to skiing stoke (not the stupid shit unofficial has been posting the last month or so), gear reviews, and solid factual reporting on major events in the skiing world (of the PCMR shitshow level).
    Appreciate the feedback. And in a perfect world, we'd do just that being these pieces are far more risky for us.

But the traffic from stoke, news and gear reviews compared to opinion based stuff suggests otherwise....

Again, all in good fun. Man. I wanted more yelling at me and jokes. Less seriousness.

spook Guest
    skiing's biggest problem is shitty ski movies using slo-mo and go-pro

spook Guest
    oh and shots with the heli below the skier.

Your skis look nothing like this. The fuck they didn't.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

^^^ That shot is so rad.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    Thanks for your two cents but I'm fairly certain that attributing athletic progression to technological advancement isn't the type of thing that lead Unofficial to "dying" (hint: They crush us)

Not trying to be like Unofficial, not even a little bit, but trying to get people to talk ideas, instead of merely people and events is the real "point" of these writings.

Now, I'm not a real writer. I'm just a dude. But I do like hearing people's thoughts on shit. Even if it is pointless. (its summer right?!)

All in good fun.
    No - they pull content out of their ass to fill space on their website. That's what this story is. And if you are benchmarking them, yer part of the problem, the only people who give two shits about them are the messageboard surfing bro's starved for content and desiring to read anything and everything about skiing and who give two shits about the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    these pieces are far more risky for us.
    Soundth weally scawy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    skiing's biggest problem is shitty ski movies using slo-mo and go-pro

....and not enough resorts connected together by chair lifts.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

What you are failing to understand is that most sports have a mental aspect that links to fear. You fear the unknown, once you see people do something, its known, you loose fear. Most athletic/coordinated Males think they can do anything that anyone else can do. Once its been done you have a huge population waiting to imitate and if its been done its possible.

Look at the skateboard big air, it was stunt, then a top pro move, now 12 year olds do it. Skateboards haven't changed.

BTW fuck Unofficial, SNOWBRAINS !!

^^^^

Point.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    What you are failing to understand is that most sports have a mental aspect that links to fear. You fear the unknown, once you see people do something, its known, you loose fear. Most athletic/coordinated Males think they can do anything that anyone else can do. Once its been done you have a huge population waiting to imitate and if its been done its possible.

Look at the skateboard big air, it was stunt, then a top pro move, now 12 year olds do it. Skateboards haven't changed.

BTW fuck Unofficial, SNOWBRAINS !!
    This is an awesome point. And really what I was hoping to get out of this.

One way to look at it is to look at guys like Seth. Technological innovation aside, he put down some of the nastiest lines pre "rocker revolution". Lines that still would hold their own. So yeah, you just blew me up.

bad quality gpros

the only way to win is not to play
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Man, I used to have some respect for you, but this spamming of your blog is pretty bad. Will not click.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    No - they pull content out of their ass to fill space on their website. That's what this story is. And if you are benchmarking them, yer part of the problem, the only people who give two shits about them are the messageboard surfing bro's starved for content and desiring to read anything and everything about skiing and who give two shits about the garbage.
    Thanks again for your feedback Hugh. Its much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Man, I used to have some respect for you, but this spamming of your blog is pretty bad. Will not click.

Your choice! Thanks for the bump though!

(seriously, its a May summer day. And its Friday. Before Memorial Day. Just having some fun here...)

Skiing biggest problem? Skiing doesn't have a problem. Skiing is fine.

Regarding your article, I quite like fat skis, skinny-light skis, 18-din looks, pintech race Plums, carbon boots and fly-looking goggles.