Hey Ryan, Congrats On The New Site, BUT....

The IPhone app still won't let you into the Padded Room.

And bring back the tags.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

spook Guest
    plus the line spacing is totally fucked up so the number of pages in a thread covers the bottom of the line above it, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    The IPhone app still won't let you into the Padded Room.

And bring back the tags.
    I assume you're talking about the Tapatalk app, right? Just worked for me on my iPhone with iOS 6. And I would assume tags are not coming back... sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    plus the line spacing is totally fucked up so the number of pages in a thread covers the bottom of the line above it, for example.
    Could you attach a screenshot? I'm not seeing this on my phone, Spook.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

spook can't figure out how to multiquote after all these years, I'd be shocked if he figured out how to screencap and post it.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

spook Guest
    i don't use it to annoy you because you're you

spook Guest
    this site now reminds me of my first attempt at building a site. minus all the assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    I assume you're talking about the Tapatalk app, right? Just worked for me on my iPhone with iOS 6. And I would assume tags are not coming back... sorry.

Could you attach a screenshot? I'm not seeing this on my phone, Spook.
    Is Tapatalk different from the app which is available off the app store?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Is Tapatalk different from the app which is available off the app store?
    tapatalk is the original browsing app to make it easier to view vBulletin forums on a phone. Then they let companies design their own app off the software that was dedicated to them. So there is a TGR app and a tapatalk app. The TGR one sucks (or used to). The tapatalk version works fine for me on Android. With the TGR, you can only access TGR. With tapatalk, you can access any forum that has the software installed the lets it work with tapatalk. And if you want a certain forum to put in the capability, it is pretty quick and easy for the admins.

I would assume tapatalk app gets the ad revenue from theirs and TGR gets it when using their app? That's the only reason I could think of taking the time to create an app that didn't work based on one that worked flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    this site now reminds me of my first attempt at building a site. minus all the assholes.
    I'm not sure that is quite what you were meaning to say?

Although It wouldn't be at all surprising if you had run a rectum centric website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

spook Guest
    i give you an A because you keep trying.

also, when we do new posts we get tgr's paid spammers in polyass again.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    tapatalk is the original browsing app to make it easier to view vBulletin forums on a phone. Then they let companies design their own app off the software that was dedicated to them. So there is a TGR app and a tapatalk app. The TGR one sucks (or used to). The tapatalk version works fine for me on Android. With the TGR, you can only access TGR. With tapatalk, you can access any forum that has the software installed the lets it work with tapatalk. And if you want a certain forum to put in the capability, it is pretty quick and easy for the admins.
    Thanks for that, didn't know about the generic app. It sucks much less.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post

I would assume tapatalk app gets the ad revenue from theirs and TGR gets it when using their app? That's the only reason I could think of taking the time to create an app that didn't work based on one that worked flawlessly.
    Yes, there is a "TGR Forums" app which I've been using and isn't the slickest thing out but does a good job of showing updates on the threads you participate in. My biggest qualm with it is that it tends to send you to the second to latest page in a thread when you click on a new comment instead of the latest page. The forums app is a tapatalk based one that's definitely dated.

There's also the general tapatalk app, which I'm using for the first time now, and which is definitely a slicker platform.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

I have not been able to get tapatalk to work on this forum for a few months. generic tapatalk, not the tgr specific app.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have not been able to get tapatalk to work on this forum for a few months. generic tapatalk, not the tgr specific app.
    Which version? Working fine for me on Android.

Edit: Posting typos aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Which version? Working fine for me on Android.

Edit: Posting typos aside.
    version 4.5.2
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

been working for me on iOS 6, too...

Works fine for me on Android as well.

Yes, it's long been established that it seems to work for some people and not others. There are many others who have experienced the same as I.

What happens is the same as has been happening for a long time and there is a thread asking for it to be fixed. If you click on the padded room in the TGR app, it challenges you "Are you 18 or older?" clicking on the OK just freezes everything and wont go into the Padded room or allow you to cancel.
    I can get in via firefox or safari, just not the TGR app.

Heres what it looks like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.PNG 
Views:	101 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	155688

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    What happens is the same as has been happening for a long time and there is a thread asking for it to be fixed. If you click on the padded room in the TGR app, it challenges you "Are you 18 or older?" clicking on the OK just freezes everything and wont go into the Padded room or allow you to cancel.
    I can get in via firefox or safari, just not the TGR app.

Heres what it looks like

Name:	photo.PNG 
Views:	101 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	155688
    Thanks smitchell.... I know we've done a shitty job putting a lot of outstanding errors on the backburner as we built the new site, but this is in the queue of fixes to be made. I'll do my best to keep you guys updated as to when it'll be fixed.

And FYI, the regular tapatalk app (not the TGR app) does not work for everybody. A few people have posted in the "can't get to Padded Room in iphone app" (including me) that tapatalk does not work for TGR. Don't know why it works for some and not others...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And FYI, the regular tapatalk app (not the TGR app) does not work for everybody. A few people have posted in the "can't get to Padded Room in iphone app" (including me) that tapatalk does not work for TGR. Don't know why it works for some and not others...
    Still works for me.

Screenshot ios6

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1400805525.852467.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	155700

Ha I was gonna say didn't work but now it works. That's an upgrade. Couldn't use pics on phone before the skinning
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Can someone fix advres for us?