Thought someone could benefit from my experience. So just throwing it out there.

April 19, 2014
I'm the idiot who fell off a horse at midnight the night before. Decided it might be more than just a sprain so we head to the hospital that morning.
As soon as X-rays were taken I find out it's broke and need surgery.
Sprial fracture to the distal fibula on my right leg which requires a plate and six screws. As well as they had to do a "tightrope" procedure that holds the two bones together. And reattach a few ligaments. Hard cast and strict orders to be non weight bearing. Spent three days in the hospital before sent home.

1.5 Weeks Post Op
Went in and had the cast removed. Expect a lot of blood to be soaked up in there. Also had the staples out. They gave me a nice new pink one and still NWB.
Swelling is bad anytime it's not elevated.

4 Weeks Post Op
Went in expecting a walking cast or maybe another hard cast but was told to start putting partial weight on it. Another appointment in two weeks.

5 Weeks Post Op
Able to out quite a good bit of weight on it. My ROM sucks. Doing my ABC's and just flexing it back and forth and side to side. I've practiced a few steps without crutches holding on to someone in front of me. Limping pretty bad and no balance at all though. Working hard on trying to walking. I'm ready to go back to work, sitting at home is driving me crazy.