Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Can we at least get the image and video buttons changed back to the way they were? So that they don't suck massive donkey?

Please?

I work for a market research firm. It's amazing the kind of dough these mulit-nationals pay our company to gain access to insights from their consumers. They do this so they can tap the pulse of the consumer and see how they could better bring to market and make better products for their consumers. And here TGR is getting first hand feedback from their longtime customers and it just completely falls on deaf ears. And not only are they NOT paying for this feedback they are ignoring, they are making money off it.

"We want tags" - not going to happen.
    "Fix the search" - 5 years later we sorta got around to it.
    "Hey, we don't like this stupid marketplace thing." - Fuck you, we want to make more money off you.
    "Yo, this site redesign sucks... at least put the forums back to the old way." - Naw, we know best dawg, you don't know what you like.
    "Stop making so many subforums." - But some idiot that didn't read the descriptions got confused, you'll get over it.
    "Hey, posting images is near impossible." - You're just too lazy to click 5 more buttons to do what you used to do in 2 clicks. Remember, this site is now about using your content for our abuse.
    "A TR forum makes us go to an additional forum outside ski/snowboard to get access to what was already there." - I'm DUMBFEE, I know more than you.
    "Gear Tech Talk?" - ....

Well you know how consumers show their dislike for a certain product/company/etc? They stop supporting it. I urge every single person to install adblock+ and use RIP to permanently remove ads. If they want our fucking dollars, we should have a say in what goes down. They don't like that, well tough shit. Remember, the lurker coming here once a day at most isn't paying the ad dollars. It's us imbeciles that F5 a hundred times during the day and contribute.

The sheer stupidity and down right ignorance they are putting forth shows what they care about. It ain't you guys, it's the greenbacks. If I had a product all my consumers said I was wrecking, I would check myself and say "hey, maybe these toadies are onto something." But, but, but, we need to cram in more ads. Cram in more marketplace buy/sell/ebayesque bullshit. Remove tools that could have been beneficial. Make it harder to actually navigate the site. Try to populate this "sports lifestyle" idea we tried to steal from so many other sites that pittered out into nonexistance or became a shell of their former selves.

Remember, when the Powder exodus came, you all made TGR's site immediately marketable. Time to make it unmarketable since they don't care about your experience here. You made this site... time to burn it down. So on that note, I'll tip the fuck out the door for a while and not contribute. Don't worry, I won't let the door hit my ass on my temporary hiatus. Maybe I'll just create the new TGR... ad free, complete with tags, calling people fags and model it after what should have never changed...

sayonara for now pussies.

PS... ROG, you'd be welcome at TGRv.2. In fact everyone would. No bans except NSFW in threads not listed as such and spam.
    Last edited by systemoverblow'd; 11-14-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

intrigued!

Utter pwnage

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    I work for a market research firm. It's amazing the kind of dough these mulit-nationals pay our company to gain access to insights from their consumers. They do this so they can tap the pulse of the consumer and see how they could better bring to market and make better products for their consumers. And here TGR is getting first hand feedback from their longtime customers and it just completely falls on deaf ears. And not only are they NOT paying for this feedback they are ignoring, they are making money off it.

"Hey, we don't like this stupid marketplace thing." - Fuck you, we want to make more money off you.
    "Yo, this site redesign sucks... at least put the forums back to the old way." - Naw, we know best dawg, you don't know what you like.
    "Stop making so many subforums." - But some idiot that didn't read the descriptions got confused, you'll get over it.
    "Hey, posting images is near impossible." - You're just too lazy to click 5 more buttons to do what you used to do in 2 clicks. Remember, this site is now about using your content for our abuse.
    "A TR forum makes us go to an additional forum outside ski/snowboard to get access to what was already there." - I'm DUMBFEE, I know more than you.
    "Gear Tech Talk?" - ....

Well you know how consumers show their dislike for a certain product/company/etc? They stop supporting it. I urge every single person to install adblock+ and use RIP to permanently remove ads. If they want our fucking dollars, we should have a say in what goes down. They don't like that, well tough shit. Remember, the lurker coming here once a day at most isn't paying the ad dollars. It's us imbeciles that F5 a hundred times during the day and contribute.

The sheer stupidity and down right ignorance they are putting forth shows what they care about. It ain't you guys, it's the greenbacks. If I had a product all my consumers said I was wrecking, I would check myself and say "hey, maybe these toadies are onto something." But, but, but, we need to cram in more ads. Cram in more marketplace buy/sell/ebayesque bullshit. Remove tools that could have been beneficial. Make it harder to actually navigate the site. Try to populate this "sports lifestyle" idea we tried to steal from so many other sites that pittered out into nonexistance or became a shell of their former selves.

Remember, when the Powder exodus came, you all made TGR's site immediately marketable. Time to make it unmarketable since they don't care about your experience here. You made this site... time to burn it down. So on that note, I'll tip the fuck out the door for a while and not contribute. Don't worry, I won't let the door hit my ass on my temporary hiatus. Maybe I'll just create the new TGR... ad free, complete with tags, calling people fags and model it after what should have never changed...

PS... ROG, you'd be welcome at TGRv.2. In fact everyone would. No bans except NSFW in threads not listed as such and spam.
    awesomez! gotta save this incase he was drunk and sobers up. "you can't stay away, baby! you need us"

Seriously, the Photo/video embed link sucks. I just [img] [/video] instead, but it's 2014 now. c'mon.....

....and I been ad-blocking for years motherfuckers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

spook Guest
    you mean all this time I only had to hit f5?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post

"Gear Tech Talk?" - ....

strong work summin up the suk
    diggty dofus dumbfree dawg decided to ignore your most excellent feedback and turn shit white whether you wanted it or not.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

It's cool that copy & paste now carries over scale, bold, other attributes. It sucks that it gets rid of all line breaks for paragraphs.

On the white forum at least (dunno about the blue), if you click the "last post" button instead of the thread title, it doesn't show up as grey (visiting the thread color change) like it should.

I just posted two posts to this thread and neither are showing up.

I can see them
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

I couldn't see the thread until cm posted. Using the app, so only looking by new posts. I think that means my bump was useless this morning

I couldn't see my own posts until I looked via tapatalk on Android.
    password: tgrblows

use it in good health

Bang up job on the spam! Oh wait... you probably can't see this post unless you are on mobile.

"We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

spook Guest
    it's the digital handshake of the hole

http://forums.joerogan.net/

That forum works really well. It's easy to use and I've never, ever, even once had some problem posting pics or replying or anything. No spam, no tech problems, none of this ongoing horseshit.

Maybe you should spend a few hours diddling around looking at it and think about adopting that model.

EDIT: nevermind, I'm a retard.

hey, could an Admin help me out please? I can no longer access my profile as the site is asking me to log in to the Stash/New Community profile forced-upgrade.... but doesn't want to hear anything about any e-mail address I input, AND I no longer have my password I've been auto-logged in for ages and forget it.

Or, please move this post to the correct thread :/

Thanks

i'm getting a "shockwave (flash) not responding" when visiting on chrome from a mac

is anyone else getting this?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i'm getting a "shockwave (flash) not responding" when visiting on chrome from a mac

is anyone else getting this?
    I've been getting that issue on Chrome a lot in general the past few weeks, but nothing specific to the site. I'll ping the tech team though.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

What's with the Stash popups? Annoying. Also the floating header and the stash sidebar. Way too busy.

All the floating shit is horrible. Make it stop.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What's with the Stash popups? Annoying. Also the floating header and the stash sidebar. Way too busy.
    No shit. I'll usually kill a couple of hours on here a day... I thought I was going to have a seizure after 5 minutes today.

Not sure where to ask, so I'll just go here.

1. Why can't I post new threads, or respond to buy/sell threads?
    2. Why are all the posts here sorted in the wrong (reverse) order, and how do I fix that?