Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Share Your Feedback on the new Tetongravity.com

On Tuesday night, we'll be doing a soft launch of our brand new TGR website. I could write a bunch of stuff about it you won't read, or just encourage you to watch this awesome pump-up video! Womp womp womp!!

There was already a thread, which you can read here, detailing what will and what will mostly not change here in the forums, so I mostly won't go into that, other than to say that the forums mostly won't change except for the option of a new skin, and some changes with the login process.

When you log into the new TGR site after it soft launches on 8 PM MST, Tuesday, May 20th, you'll have to log in again. you can find the login on the upper righthand part of the screen (see below, highlighted in blue):

After you've logged in for the first time on the new site, you'll be forward to your new Community profile and will be offered $10 for FREE to use in the TGR store.

As you got a hint of in the video, the new Community section is really geared towards giving people like you stupid-simple upload tools for photos, videos, and stories. Now you'll have a much simpler, more aesthetic way to share your trip reports and other stories with the rest of us, and you'll also have the opportunity to have your story picked up by our staff and showcased as a "Staff Pick" on the Tetongravity.com. You'll be internet famous! (maybe), but we'll really try to get as many people to see your story as possible. This is of course optional if you'd rather not have us do so.

At any rate, this is what my Community profile page looks like now that I've filled it all out. You'll see all your forum stuff (PMs, latest threads, posts, etc.) off on the right. If you just want to get back to the forums, click "View Old Profile," which will take you back to your actual forum profile.

You can also click up on the Forums drop-down menu and access any part of the forums from there. That toolbar is designed to quickly give you access to the forum, your upload tools, and your profile from anywhere on the site.

Back in the forums, you'll be defaulted to an updated forum skin, which keeps the same colors as the existing forums but with some updates to the styling, header, and footer. This is what it'll look like:

BUT if you want to check out our new white & black theme we put together, you can scroll down--way down--to the bottom of the forums page, find the drop-down menu on the bottom left, and select "TGR White." We urge you to give it a try, and to drop your input on the new site in the "Feedback" bar that will pop up as you're browsing the new site.

All in all, we hope to make the new site a place where the adventures and stories of people like the mags are as central to what we put out into "the world" as what TGR official itself puts together, and that we can really acknowledge, highlight, and showcase the community that's been developed here and all the rad shit that goes on on a daily basis. We'll also be launching a more much comprehensive summer editorial program, covering a lot of mountain biking, a bit of surf, and a pretty broad swath of other activities under the headline of "Adventure," and which remains pretty open for the mags and the rest of our audience to interpret and mold to their interests. Hope you like it...
    Last edited by WaistDeepGroomers; 05-19-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

spook Guest
    you seem to have the mid-ass touch to everything else. can't see why this would suck any more than usual.

spook Guest
    at least you captured 0sex's boneheadedness in your example.

test quick reply on new site

Why?

I liked the visual cue of the old version to which threads you have entered (turning yellowish to red).

Also, buttons don't show up in the blue version unless you hover over them.

EDIT - Actually, color and formatting is all jacked up in the blue. Also, the attachment I just attached to this isn't showing up either.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Pix posted before the reboot aren't showing up?

Edit: Never mind. Seems they are. Not liking this font tho.

Edit 2: the font in the post window. It changes it when it posts to the thread. Weird. Times New Roman?

My nana called, she asked why the font, sizing, and spacing suck monkey balls
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Can you put the "Go to last post in thread" button back?

On my iPhone the new blue format is shit. Small font, too much blank wasted acreage. Old blue worked fine for me on all screens.

I've always avoided the mobile format on this site. Huge font, too few words visible, feels like a kids website.

love the white, so much better than that dated blue shit.
    well done, sirs!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    I liked the visual cue of the old version to which threads you have entered (turning yellowish to red).

Also, the attachment I just attached to this isn't showing up either.
    we're working on the color change for entered threads as I type this. could you clarify what you mean when you say "color and formatting is all jacked up in the blue?" Do you mean the links are now showing up highlighted w/o having to hover over them? Throw a link down to the thread/post you're talking about and that would help us look into it.

Did you try to attach a photo and that's what's not working?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    It's to the left of the title now.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    My nana called, she asked why the font, sizing, and spacing suck monkey balls
    Seriously. "My eyes! The goggles do nothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    we're working on the color change for entered threads as I type this. could you clarify what you mean when you say "color and formatting is all jacked up in the blue?" Do you mean the links are now showing up highlighted w/o having to hover over them? Throw a link down to the thread/post you're talking about and that would help us look into it.

Why don't you figure it the fuck out before you roll it out and it sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post

Yes, I am trying to attach a png screenshot which I have been able to do forever and that ins't working.

I was trying to post that to show you what I was seeing. But it should be pretty easy to replicate. Hit reply with quote to my post while using the blue theme. Notice the buttons aren't readable. Click Go advanced. Scroll down. Notice there is black on blue text making it very hard to read. Scroll down further to the attachments and whatnot sections and look at the title headers. The justification is making them stroked through the middle of the box and the color makes it tough to read.

Clicking on the padded room from the dropdown brings you to the main forums page, not to the padded room. And yes, I am "logged in" and can access the padded room normally.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Why don't you figure it the fuck out before you roll it out and it sucks?
    Someone told me launching new websites was complicated. We had several rounds of testers come in and roll all over this thing but there were bound to be things that needed adjusting post-launch. This "soft launch" was intended to give mags like yourself time to harangue us over formatting issues before the public jongs get to see it .

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    no tags and asshat fuctarded politics on the front page again
    sweet bro
    wheres the reset button?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Your wink image doesn't show up.

epic is looking like the place to be after this...
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Your wink image doesn't show up.
    we're on it, and the image uploader issues. also the text formatting stuff for the quick reply/reply with quote/cancel buttons

how does i, post pics?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I see it, but it is tiny. It is the link I use most often and I wish it was sized accordingly. Please make things better for ME!
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I see it, but it is tiny. It is the link I use most often and I wish it was sized accordingly. Please make things better for ME!
    Holy fuck it is there, I didn't even see it. But the green button to the left of the thread title is the same thing.