Glenwild vs Round Valley

In Park City for the night. Which trail would you ride if you had a few hours and a singlespeed? Never ridden either. Something else? Thanks in advance.

They'd both be fun. Maybe climb up glenwild for a flying dog lap and hit bobs basin on the way back? Leave from Jeremy elementary trailhead for that.

Could also start at trail side bike park and ride a meandering lap. Catch rusty shovel on the way back to the trailhead.

No wrong answer given the weather today.

Glenwild is my goto trial when I'm in for work and have limited time. Nice and smooth pretty flowy in sections...try flying dog (I think) if you have more than an hour or so...not sure about the other trail.

Hey sirshredalot I am assuming mid mountain trial is still unridable any beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Maybe climb up glenwild for a flying dog lap and hit bobs basin on the way back? Leave from Jeremy elementary trailhead for that.
    Basin Rec. trail conditions page is showing "Extensive Mud" for Flying Dog as of today. Probably best to pass on that today. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

I'd personally go with Round Valley since you can ride it right from town. Lost Prospector is also worth doing if you've never ridden it.

Thanks for checking basin rec trail conditions dtm. Their trail conditions spreadsheet is great.

Mid mountain is definitely not quite ready. Still pretty wet and or snowy up there.

Made my way to round valley. Riding ramble, on, rusty shovel et al.

Planning on squatters later if anyone is around.

do the round valley trails feel different than what's in glen wild/Jeremy ranch? my neighbor is always going over there but I'd much rather just ride over the highway to glen wild than drive over to a round valley th or road ride that extra mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    do the round valley trails feel different than what's in glen wild/Jeremy ranch? my neighbor is always going over there but I'd much rather just ride over the highway to glen wild than drive over to a round valley th or road ride that extra mileage.
    They've got a slightly different feel to them. I enjoy having the occasional change in scenery.

Sir shreds, clear thy box.

I think both are great but IMO Flying Dog makes Glenwild with out I would rather go ride Round valley with out flying dog. The Rambler Decent is particualr fun fast flowly, and fairly long.

Flying dog has been dry for the past few days w the exception of the beaver dam and a couple small potholes. Kind of slow rolling. The elk cratered some of it pretty good. There's three or four downed trees if someone wants to be a good Samaritan and pack a bow saw or toy chainsaw.

So I checked out round valley today, you can really cover ground quickly over there. It was fun, and nice to have some rollier terrain rather than the typical straight up and down. But I can see it getting boring real fast.

Sent from my LG-D801 using TGR Forums