Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Retailers: what happens to "stuff?"

We all know that the "Denver Broncos Super Bowl XLVIII Champions" and the "Dallas Mavs 2013 World Champs" tees are doing time in Nigeria and the Philippines, but checking out SAC's "Last Chance Sale" got me wondering.

What happens to that Armada Gremlin jacket or the Orage Gibson bib if no one ever buys it? How about more regular wear like the Prana jackets or Bjorn shoes?

I'm not baggin on SAC...just wondering where everything goes. What about that 2005 Volvo S50 that didn't sell or the Blackberry that was never purchased.

Anyone know what happens to stuff that isn't bought, but goes out of date/style or surpassed by new models?
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

might it by chance end up really cheap on the internet ???
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

My wife is in the recycling business and you cannot believe how many temperpedic mattresses they shred. Same with bottled water that has warehousing problems. Text books. Ridiculous.

landfills dummy
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Hugh Conway Guest
    theclymb <- had all of those Nike Fuel bands immediately after Nike shitcanned the product line.

The third world consumes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    theclymb <- had all of those Nike Fuel bands immediately after Nike shitcanned the product line.
    They were also selling Honey Stinger with Lance Armstrong on the package after he was outed.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

SteepandCheap, Sierra Trading Post, The Clymb etc all get in on it. Overstock.com etc for non skiing/outdoor. A lot of times companies make them buy in bulk to achieve a big discount so the manufacturers can move the extra shitty products nobody ordered. That accounts for your dollar deals and what not.

They destroy product regularly to protect price and shareholders. One of the failures of humans in general and society as a whole.

Whole Foods destroys food to protect brand and price. Evil.

Eat a dick you fucking assholes.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    with Lance Armstrong on the package after he was outed.
    You'd have thought those would be come collectors items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Whole Foods destroys food to protect brand and price. Evil.
    or because it would rot and make someone sick who if they didn't die could sue Whole Foods and...

...well you get the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    or because it would rot and make someone sick who could sue Whole Foods and...

...well you get the picture
    Nope, you are wrong. But thanks for playing.
    Terje was right.

Nope, you are wrong. But thanks for playing.
    Ok. Can I try playing "the large corporation exists only to destroy society and its inventory" game again next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Ok. Can I try playing "the large corporation exists only to destroy society and its inventory" game again next time?
    Not the point, but again, thanks for twisting it to serve your particular slant.

Food that is spoiled, is spoiled. But a company, a Food company, when they make too much of "it", to look "bountiful", then destroy the food, never mark it down, never donate it, is retarded and wrong. All to protect price.
    Terje was right.

whole foods sucks, this is news

Not the point, but again, thanks for twisting it to serve your particular slant.

Food that is spoiled, is spoiled. But a company, a Food company, when they make too much of "it", to look "bountiful", then destroy the food, never mark it down, never donate it, is retarded and wrong. All to protect price.

I like the part where you provided a source and link proving this.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    I like the part where you provided a source and link proving this.

Me, the source seen it happening, then asked some cool employees about it, and they confirmed and said it was a disgrace to humanity.

Sorry i did not record it and upload it to the interwebs to prove it to you, sir.
    Terje was right.

I am the recipient of stuff that does not sell at a local grocery store. I feed my livestock all sorts of wierd shit. Wh ever heard of a cow eating pineapple and baby carrots, kale, watermelon, bok choy, bread.....
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Me, the source seen it happening, then asked some cool employees about it, and they confirmed and said it was a disgrace to humanity.

Sorry i did not record it and upload it to the interwebs to prove it to you, sir.
    Well that proves it. Your reputation here is rock solid

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Back East my buddy feeds all his pigs using throwaways from Shaws. They eat better than I do.
    Live Free or Die

Have a friend in the enviro business who spent weeks in the Fresh Kills dump. He said there were truck loads of hard goods every day being dumped by major department stores.... Once he came back with a bunch of quilts still in their plastic zip bags. I guess he got some good ones before they spoiled.

Any chance I can get a boston bruins 2014 championship t shirt?

Woot and others on line mentioned above do specialize in discontinued or close outs. There are retailers that purchase overstock, discontinued or previous years styles regularly- TJ Maxx or Marshalls, Gabriel Brothers, Ross Dress for Less, Ollies, and others like them in other sections of the US do nothing but purchase stuff like this, irregulars stamped on the stuff that is still functional but did not pass their quality control (sometimes they have to cut out or cover over the labels or logos too).

Used to be the retailers Outlet stores were used for this also, but many of them have transformed into selling merchandise specifically made just to be sold in those stores.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    lot of supersonic jerseys printed last year for something that didn't happen.
    You did win the Superbowl though.

Anyone looking for Jets' Sanchez jerseys?

I know of a major food chain that used to donate all left over food, got sued over a moldy cake and now distroys everything ...

shall I quote the company and they year of the law suit ???

maybe after DB gets a bit more butt hurt ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...