Compression fracture of tibia

Something new and different.

Fell down and smashed my leg just below the knee. Lovely bruising. Swollen as hell and hurts like a motherfucker.

Saw the ortho two days ago, three days after the injury. Tried to tough it out but couldn't. X-rays show no fracture through the bone, but a nice indentation where I hit, medial and distal from patellar tendon attachment. Nothing visible floating around in the X-ray.

Knee is stable. No compartment syndrome. Lots of edema and significant pain. ROM limited but reasonable.

Walking, but under orders to sit a lot. I hate sitting. Got the ice pump going. It fucking hurts. No pain meds - that shit is for pussies and junkies.

PT next week. Probably out of the game for a few weeks. Might miss the Sonora Pass season.

Ironically, I started wearing moto knee/shin pads skiing this season. Plastic from knee to toe just to prevent something like this. Wore 'em skiing all day. Took 'em off and fell down climbing in my camper 2 hours later. God damn it.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I hear ya, fell in river boulders running to make river rescue. Nice gash and pretty good bruise. Not as bad as yors. Still hurts week later. Healing up ok.

I have a light beam generator and treated with that less than 24hrs after. Mitigated worst of the hematoma and swelling. Been better if i went straight home but there was the party after to go to.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using TGR Forums
    watch out for snakes

I have also been liberally applying EMU oil to the wound which helps a lot.
    watch out for snakes