Big Sky Pond Skim

Bring on the sketch.

Skip to 1:44 for the gnar.

that girl was crazy! first time she appeared in the video after the crash she doesn't look so good! but then it was "awesome"

spook Guest
    jesus i can't believe some of those people didn't get hurt. look like the pond was a little short.

It is better without the music.

No idea who shot this - it was texted to me, but quite the crash. Glad she was ok.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

The Big Sky pond skim is brutal. This year's pond design actually seemed saner than most. The people who skim it must sign a seriously ironclad waiver, but I've seen some get hurt. The dude who MC's the event is a smartass but pretty funny.

wow, that is some of the most brutal pond skim crashes I have seen.

spook Guest
    the guy who tried to do the flip in the little pool looks like he must have destroyed his shoulder or something landing on the corner of the pool. that girl should have 2 broken femurs. doesn't hurt to have a little extra meat on ya.

Christ!! I hope their insurance company doesn't see that.

I had front row seats for this, crazy day. As was previous stated this years pond(s) were much saner than previous years. My buddies 8 year old kid is in that video. His comment: "I did not know the water was going to be cold."
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

My favorite part is definitely at 3:02 when the little guy totally stomps his landing. The second view is just pure awesomeness.

I thought this is more representative of Big Sky:
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Buster 4 the win.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I like how the guy at 3:58 comes about 10 inches away from decapitating a spectator.

spook Guest
    that's what i kept thinking watching those missiles blasting off into the crowd. bad things can happen when you're not paying attention.

Had a great time spectating at the Pond Skim this year. Always a blast, but yeah, some of the crashes I saw this year were REALLY bad. Amazing nobody got seriously injured AFAIK. Anybody see that (probably) drunk chick who after crashing, couldn't stand up on her own? Some of the staff helped her out and was attending to her, but from my vantage point it looked like she was being your average hammered, over-dramatic silly girl.

Also, the guy with the Borat mankini...did his costume get misplaced a bit? All I saw was his big white butt and it looked like he was trying to strategically exit with his hands covering his junk. Haha. That was brave wearing that outfit.