Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Thanks Dromond!

Were you in Hakuba last season? Coming back to Japan again this year? The print version kills the online issue, make sure you take some if you are in town.
    I can't remember if I read the online version or got the print version somewhere. I skied Myoko and Nozawa last winter but I'm not sure if you distribute outside of Hakuba. I probably won't make it back this winter but would love to as our visit was fantastic! I've heard great things about Hakuba and your mag suggests no differently.

First off, this thread fucking rules.

Second, heading to Hakuba this January. Trying to figure out about bringing my BCA airbag pack. Looks like a huge pain in the ass. Any advice here on canister rentals/fill locations? Or would any locals be interested in renting out their canister? Sound like a lot of people just fly with their canister, fully expecting it to be confiscated by JP security on their way out of the country.

Thanks!

Contact BCA in the US and see if they can suggest any local rental options in Japan. I believe that BCA Japan and head office have worked closely together in the past on this topic. Airbags in Japan are a PITA due to regulations surrounding owning and filling air tanks in general. BCA worked hard to get around that (legally) and I think are pretty much the only viable solution at the moment.

For gods sake, please no one suggest a "local scuba shop or paint ball operator". I think the US is one of the few places in the world where you find scuba shops in mountain towns, and where people play soldiers on the weekend with fake guns.

EDIT: I just found this from my buddy in Myoko. See the news column on the left. Good news there: www.dancingsnow.com
    Life is not lift served.

Photos look dope!

Japan in November, this week.

Honshu > Kita Alps > Tateyama

Life is not lift served.

looks like you had great conditions for your trip. even some sunshine
    off your knees Louie

2 days of pure sun. The first bluebird pow days of a season are special!
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Japan in November, this week.

Honshu > Kita Alps > Tateyama

What a beautiful place and time. I take it that transport up there ends after November?

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Superb.

Psyched for you. Not much up here on Hokkaido yet. Too warm

Dromond - yes, 30th of Nov unfortunately. It costs a bit, but I can wake up at 7am and be there by 10am. It is a wonderful place... except on weekends (!!)

Mike - mild in the valley here (about +13C at 800m), but looks and feels like winter in the alpine above 2500m. There is a warm but big storm next week which might bring in a significant amount above that altitude.

We woke to this outside the door on Wednesday, with not so many people to share it with:

Last edited by neck beard; 11-22-2014 at 03:34 AM.
    Life is not lift served.

Your terrain!

This week in Japan = kind of like last week with a bit more snow. There is a big proper winter powder storm coming next week, the first real one for the season.

Darkness rolled over and killed the easy-feel in a blink
    Last edited by neck beard; 11-30-2014 at 03:35 AM.
    Life is not lift served.

Great, Great pictures. Thank you so much for sharing.

Awesome photos dude! Heading to Japan next season, can't wait!

Awesome pics! I've been spending a bit of time in Fukuoka lately, can't wait to get up north.

Thanks you guys.

From my house today...

Last edited by neck beard; 11-30-2014 at 03:35 AM.
    Life is not lift served.

Dude, I love this thread. Planning to go with a few friends next season, and checking back constantly. So good

Thank you for this! I missed it the first time around, and I'm so glad I saw it this morning. Heading to Hokkaido in February...ridiculously excited!

This week in Japan.

Shakushi-dake in Hakuba. "-dake" means "mount". You'd say "Mount Shakushi" in English, but that sounds really odd. Dake is pronounced something like dah-ke. 'Ke' as in keg. Of beer.

Life is not lift served.

wow! can't believe I haven't looked in this thread. great looking stuff nb. the lines on^^^that one whoa

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    wow! can't believe I haven't looked in this thread.
    I'm easily ignored. But I did pick you for a skier's skier, so it surprises me that you'd ignore a thread with the word 'terrain' in the title.

Here, get scrolly:

Last edited by neck beard; 12-10-2014 at 07:20 AM.
    Life is not lift served.

Japan looks incredible!

[QUOTE=neck beard;4373407]I'm easily ignored. But I did pick you for a skier's skier, so it surprises me that you'd ignore a thread with the word 'terrain' in the title.

Here, get scrolly:

haa, I just thought it was a regional thread like east coast conditions or whistler south coast etc just more polite but still early season chit chat not alpine skiing line bliss. didn't notice it was yours. looks amazing. I "liked" your fb company and went thru all the pics after that and def took notice of this pic. tons of cool pics on your site. after some of the early season edits from various people in japan and now all these pics i'll be dreaming of the day I get there. thanks

This week in Hakuba... it didn't snow for 3 whole days.

Life is not lift served.

Sick! Covered I in lines. A friend is over there now. He's down in Tokyo doing the Inlaw thing this week in t shirt temps. Goes every 2nd year sorta. Last week he was up north riding and said he's never seen so much snow