2 base delam issues

old pair of rossi 9 x's with a base delam at the rear edges of the ski. It peels back a small 1/2 " triangle at either rear edge of the skiI've fixed twice with Epoxy and it holds for about a day. Using Home Depot standard epoxy pressed in a vice.

Now that the season is over for these ice carvers, want to try to fix them a bit better.

What is a good substance to clean out the old epoxy that won't damage the p-tex?

Best Epoxy?

Rivet or small edge screws? I've used edge screws before with a pre drilled hole, but have never done a rivet.

Yes, I've searched and read multiple threads on this.

Grinding wheel on a dremel and/or sandpaper are about the only way your gonna remove that old epoxy. Or maybe scraping with a small knife/exacto. I would seriously consider just removing base and gluing in new base material.
    I've become fond of West Systems G-Flex. It was designed to stick to substrates that might not have been thoroughly prepped.
    Done hundreds of delams in my shop days, lots of edge replacements and never, ever, have used an edge screw. In fact, I had a thread a little while back where I had to fix an edge compression that had already been repaired and I ground the screws they used right the fuck out of there(the heads anyway). I've put at least 20 days on those skis since re-repairing and no sign of further damage.
    Thorough prep and cleanliness are your friend for successful repairs.

Dump them and grab another pair for $50 on eBay.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Rossi 9X's? "Just let them go man, just let them go...."
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    Rossi 9X's? "Just let them go man, just let them go...."
    I've been skiing groomers with them through teaching three kids and now have a dysfunctional attachment. But yes, you are probably right, Why the hell am I rigging a ski together that has more base weld than p-tex at this point? Of course, I can't remember the last time I didn't just snap a pair of skis and force their retirement. These have been good to me!!

You can find them ALL DAY LONG, man... Cut the chord...
    Gravity. It's the law.