Thread: longer or fatter? coreupt asention vs r110

longer or fatter? coreupt asention vs r110

after 6 repairs trough the winter i m afraid the cracked edge on my old rossi b4 in185 are going to fail dramatically under spring icy runs...
    hence i need new skis. i m broke so my choice are limited. i found for 200$ some nice coreupt planks.
    i have a hard deciding between the 2012 r110 in 110mm/36,m/ 183cm, or the 2013 asention in 102mm/28m/191cm... i m 1.90m and 78kg (i think 6.2 175lbs)
    pretty hard to find any reviews on those. they look pretty close.
    i m planning to mount them with my plum bindings. use them 100% for touring in the PNW. alpine runs but also helas loads of trees.
    i could see the shorter r110 being more floaty, the longer asention seems more stable, but are they so stiff that they will be a pain in the ass to work in thick wet sludge?
    any hands on input on those? like weight, stiffness, feel?
    thanks

Originally, these were dynastar pro riders and xxls, not sure if they changed the flex when they moved production to china. You could call Corbetts or asogear and ask if they know.

I skied the Asentions with Plums for a year and two friends also skied them alpine. Nice ski, like an old Legend Pro without metal and a little softer but still fairly stiff & damp and an OK weight for how it skis. Go for them; 183 R110s will be way too small.