Thread: Jackass Police.

Jackass Police.

I just got from my usual Spring roadtrip to the desert. Although this one was a little shorter and I brought the two little girls along. Swimming in Thermopolis is a course de jure after ski season.

We had a great time and I'll maybe put together a TR. The Wyoming desert is just the best. We brought the VW and had a blast.

BLM + Time + VW + The Girls + Me = Awesomeness

We $hopped and walked main street in Dubois- a small town about a 100 miles West of Jackson over Togowotee Pass- like we did in several cool places around the state.

On the way out of town, being careful to drive the 30 MPH speed limit, we passed a county sheriff going the other direction. Just as he passed us he did a full on SWAT style turn and got right on our bumper for about a half mile. What an ass. Complete harassment.

He was a fat lazy fuck looking for something to do. I called his bluff and put my blinker on and pulled into the Exxon station. Spineless bastard couldn't/didn't follow us in. What a loser. He turned the car hard enough around that he should be arrested for abuse of government property. For us.

Jackass police.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

I just bought a cop detector(lazer/radar as well as detector cloaked). I have not had one for years and do not speed much at all any more unless I am passing someone to complete the maneuver.

LEO's are nuthing more than revenue generators, many with shitty attitudes/egos.

Cops in our town will go around and see whos state plate sticker or inspection is about to expire the end of the month. Then on the 1st day of the month(middle of the night actually) they will go around and ticket peoples cars while parked in the driveway.

Sounds like you had a very nice time with your kiddios. Post ups some pics.
    watch out for snakes

Ya same thing happened to me in Dubois. Even turned into Exxon to get him to fuck off.

We had a bunch of weed too. And skis.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

He probably pulls that shit with every bus or prius he sees when bored

That was funeez^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I drive like a grandpa and my radar detector still saves my ass on a regular basis.

Pulled into a gas station last week with a cop tailing me. I went in to grab something and the fat fuck came in after me practically sweating. he asked me if honda still made turn singles? I almost laughed at him. = clown.

Where is DoobWaaz?

Peasants

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I just bought a cop detector(lazer/radar as well as detector cloaked). I have not had one for years and do not speed much at all any more unless I am passing someone to complete the maneuver.

LEO's are nuthing more than revenue generators, many with shitty attitudes/egos.

Cops in our town will go around and see whos state plate sticker or inspection is about to expire the end of the month. Then on the 1st day of the month(middle of the night actually) they will go around and ticket peoples cars while parked in the driveway.

Sounds like you had a very nice time with your kiddios. Post ups some pics.
    This type of ticket usually goes to the driver of the unregistered car, on the public roads. If you want to let your registration lapse, and you don't drive it, you cannot be ticketed.

Bobby Stainless Guest
    I ran across a cool one a couple days ago. It was about 4:30am and I was doing 20 over. Told me to try and slow down.

There's the little girl
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

My most hated bullshit cop maneuver is when they do 10 under the posted speed limit so they can check every plate that drives by. Not only is it shitty troll behavior, its dangerous driving, and would likely get any normal person pulled over.

Once, in a bit of raged youth, I saw a cop doing that, and stayed behind him. He started to slow further trying to force me to pass, but I just kept slowing down till we were both going 35 in a 70. When he finally pulled off the road I passed, then he pulled me over and gave me the "I smell alcohol" routine. I humored him, knowing there was nothing in my truck, he searched it, I kept pointing out places he wasn't checking, then he finally got his panties in a wad and just told me to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post
    My most hated bullshit cop maneuver is when they do 10 under the posted speed limit so they can check every plate that drives by. Not only is it shitty troll behavior, its dangerous driving, and would likely get any normal person pulled over.

Once, in a bit of raged youth, I saw a cop doing that, and stayed behind him. He started to slow further trying to force me to pass, but I just kept slowing down till we were both going 35 in a 70. When he finally pulled off the road I passed, then he pulled me over and gave me the "I smell alcohol" routine. I humored him, knowing there was nothing in my truck, he searched it, I kept pointing out places he wasn't checking, then he finally got his panties in a wad and just told me to get along.
    Sweet blog

Can you show us an example of a SWAT style turn? I'm intrigued.

Dealing with some LEO BS as we speak. Got stopped for speeding last week. No argument there, besides the fact that I got stopped doing all of 48 mph on the highway in one of Denver's perpetual construction zones. But they don't want any extra money or points or anything, so whatever, I'll pay the $160 and be done with it. Or..... not... Go to pay online and none of the numbers on the ticket link to a case. I figure the ticket probably just hasn't been entered yet, so I wait a few days - figure I'll get it taken care of this morning. Try again - same thing. OK, who do I call to figure this out? Find the number and call - wade through the system... Get in the queue... What do they have for a hold message? Silence? Nope. Music? Nope. They've got some asshole who comes on the line every 15 seconds and says "All agents are busy, continue to hold." Every. 15. Fucking. Seconds. I was okay with this whole process until now, but after 10 minutes of listening to this fucking ridiculous system, I want to spend the rest of the day putting a 1-8-7 on a motherfucking cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

This country should decide once and for all whether traffic laws are for safety or revenue....because if some county is going to set me up for a trap to make money off me that's bad enough without the rest of the cdl and insurance system taking it as a sign that I'm an unsafe driver. It's fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    This country should decide once and for all whether traffic laws are for safety or revenue....because if some county is going to set me up for a trap to make money off me that's bad enough without the rest of the cdl and insurance system taking it as a sign that I'm an unsafe driver. It's fucked up.
    Au contraire mon fraire.. The cops and insurance system are totally on the same page here. This is a revenue generator across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

It could be worse. Albuquerque police have shot killed 24 (out of 37 shot) since 2010. The latest was just last night. DHS is sending cops shops nationwide all sorts of military gear. Now that we've won the war on terrorism overseas, we can concentrate on the domestic front.

ignorant town cops...they'll never go away. generation after generation they will always be with us...joy.

I was running late once for a dinner reservation and got stuck in traffic from what ended up being a DUI check point that was so backed up you couldn't tell what it was. I cut through a residential to try to keep moving. CHP instantly on my ass trying to get me to speed up as they assumed I was a drunk trying to avoid the check point. Like inches from my bumper but no lights. I figured it would be better to just roll back through the checkpoint rather than deal with this guy so I turn down a coul-de-sac to turn around. Turns out it was trash pick up the next day and there's mound of junk in front of each house. This ass was so intent on staring me down and trying intimidate me that he didn't notice the first trash pile and rammed right into it, airbag and everything went off. I went back through the check point and found some hysterical city cops applauding me making a fool of him.

He got me several weeks later for not making a complete stop at a stop sign. I asked him if he was ok from his accident and then got the riot act.

One thing living in a city has going for it: cops are busy dealing with real issues; don't have much time for random harassment.* You'd practically have to hit something hard enough to disable your vehicle to get a cops attention around here.

* So long as you are white.

Driving from Truckee to Sac on a snowy Sunday afternoon I took Old 40 to avoid the crunch on the freeway. Just after the bridge over the freeway at Soda Springs I come upon a game warden who had pulled over someone as I passed the game warden started to pull out in front of me. I gave a quick honk to keep him from pulling out and getting hit. He pulled in behind me and tailgated me within inches. Finally pulled me over. Told me the speed limit was 25 (it's 35) and just kept me there for about 15 minutes, then let me go. Guess he didn't like people using the public roads in his neighborhood so he decided to go out and harrass a few.

Got a ticket in Gold Beach OR for doing 35 in a school zone. On a Saturday. (They actually cancelled the ticket when I wrote in to complain.

Did a rolling stop through a stop sign on the grounds of a VA hospital at 2AM with not another car in sight, except for the federal cop who was hidden behind a tree waiting to give a ticket. Federal offense, apparently.

Some cops are cool. Delivering pizzas on New Years eve, I ran a stop sign and took a turn on two wheels in front of a police station. Cop pulled me over, saw the hot box, asked who I worked for.When I told him, he said "You tell Leo [the owner] this is the last time I let one his drivers go."

Twice I have almost had an accident with cops chasing down a speeder. Cops are by far the more unsafe driver of the two. I have no objection to them chasing and ticketing a speeder, but I have a real issue when the cop puts me in danger to write a ticket for something that was not particularly dangerous in the first place.

The last one was by an idiot CHP who must have run up my ass at nearly 120 (I was doing 60) without lights on. I would have moved over to let him by, but he swerved around me and threaded the needle between me and the guy just slightly ahead of me in the other lane. Real brilliant police work, all to give a ticket for a guy that was maybe doing 80 in a 60 zone.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot