Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    taking a cut out of something that doesn't need an intermediary is as American as Apple Pie, Mom, and Chevrolet
    all youre missing is a link to the ski shop PSA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    And panjo gets rave reviews from TGR users!
    Would be curious to hear more of your thoughts of this front. We haven't really kept a close eye on it and we'd talked about what to do with it going forward but hadn't poked around for input on ot recently.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Would be curious to hear more of your thoughts of this front. We haven't really kept a close eye on it and we'd talked about what to do with it going forward but hadn't poked around for input on ot recently.
    you don't give a shit about me or my opinions so quit the smarmy bullshit. Other people, who've been saying for years it sucks:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...etplace-(HELP)
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...01#post3996401
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...20#post4174020

the pos loads so slowly I can't be bothered to use it, much less care to find some 3 month old pair of skis some dude forgot about and give some panjo fucker who'll pop in like clockwork when his webcrawler tells him people are complaining to give them a playtoy a cut of the action.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    all youre missing is a link to the ski shop PSA thread
    wish I knew what thread that was, it's probably one I never read -- like 75% of the threads here

I really want to thank all the Professional e-Reviewers who have spent so much of their valuable time avoiding real critical product performance/value analysis in favor of (1) regurgitating manfucaturer sales puffery and (2) personal online penis size aggrandizement through statements suggesting fat financial backing (read: trust fund, or that rare bird, the young millionaire retiree-at-35) and spendy travelling. Truly, gear reviewers have much to teach us about having a MASSIVE ONLINE PENIS and the various "rep" cornicopiae flowing therefrom.

I wonder how many of the metrosexual Male Feminists (hello there, rideit... and are you watching, spindrift?) will now tell me I'm "in the closet" because of my MOP references. They'll definitely be missing the refractive and reflective qualities of the MOP phrase and how these sensitive Alan Aldas of TGR are actually being bro-totypical testy festy purveyors of The Patriarchal Advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    maybe you should have setup the meeting in a place with foot traffic instead of being a fucking idiot pegleg? google streetview + google? I mean, that's quicker than fucking around with some escrow service and giving them a cut for the extra hassle.
    Indeed, I was an idiot about that one (didn't really think about it until we were already pulling into the meetup spot, and I've changed my CL protocols since then). But the point still remains, there might be a market for people that don't like dealing with cash in used transactions. If SirShred wants to dump his time and money into that on the chance that it makes him the kind of guy that can afford a $10K bike, good on him for that.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    Seriously, does anyone use Panjo? I can't stand the fucking format and go straight to list view.
    agree.

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Indeed, I was an idiot about that one (didn't really think about it until we were already pulling into the meetup spot, and I've changed my CL protocols since then). But the point still remains, there might be a market for people that don't like dealing with cash in used transactions. If SirShred wants to dump his time and money into that on the chance that it makes him the kind of guy that can afford a $10K bike, good on him for that.
    ahh yes, the smug urban lawyer fed a steady diet of tech bullshit defending other tech-bullshit solutions that primarily solve the lifestyle problems of tech bullshit subscribers.

imo - the problem for the used market is volume. of items and buyers; eBays driven off the people who care about craigslist sucks. So something easy to list and sell that gives you wider reach. Hell, if Panjo had a search function for every Panjo board or something like that so instead of having to troll pinkbike/TGR/mtbr/whatever other 50dildodeal boards I could ask it for shit would be nice.

I suggest a spot called HughNewb. moderated by Hugh, ritual hazing before one can read listings (round 1) and then again before one can post listings (round 2). build a community!

$2,400 Easton wheelset that is 50% off is still a fucking $1,200 wheelset.
    That Felt 559 thing is awesome. Is somebody messing with Felt or did Felt actually develop a sense of humor in an attempt to become a company people actually care about?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

$2,400 Easton wheelset that is 50% off is still a fucking $1,200 wheelset.
    That Felt 559 thing is awesome. Is somebody messing with Felt or did Felt actually develop a sense of humor in an attempt to become a company people actually care about?
    Note the date on the Felt press release.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Yeah, I realize that now. Still awesome. I hope Felt was actually part of it.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.