Android IMAP Problem: Won't Receive Most Recent Email

The baffling problem, in brief:
    - The most recently received email won't show up, until, well, until it's not longer the most recently received email, i.e., it's kind of like the next email pushes through the prior email.

Setup details:
    - Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    - Android version 4.2.2
    - Settings are as per: http://support.godaddy.com/help/arti...mail?locale=en ... although I also tried SSL with Port 993 (which exhibited the same behavior)
    - Sync schedule is every 15 minutes, but hitting the refresh icon receives all emails as it should -- except for the most recent email. (In other words, if I send, say, 10 emails from another account to this account, then hit refresh, the first 9 emails will immediately appear, but the 10th won't appear until I sent another email -- from any account -- even if I wait overnight.)
    - Everything else seems to be working fine.
    - Previously this account worked fine on a Droid Incredible, first with K9, then with the native phone app (which I prefer since it allows me to combine icons with an Exchange account that I also have).

Thanks in advance for any insights on this!
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Can you set it up pop3 and see if that works?
    Can you replicate on any other devices or email apps?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Well, as if this couldn't get any weirder ... so the behavior had been very consistent, with all emails showing up as they should on my desktop computer and on my old Droid Incredible (which still works over WiFi), yet the most recent email not appearing on my S4 Mini no matter how many times I hit refresh ... until I called up GoDaddy tech support and tried another series of test messages ... which all came through just fine on the S4!
    It's like their tech support is so good, that calling them up solves the problem even without receiving any advice from them?

Happens all the time. Like when your car is making a noise that goes away when you take it to the mechanic.
    So, it works on 1.phone but not a different, but similar phone? Try hard resetting the phone.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Well, some even more mysterious lags started occurring, so I just gave up on the native app and went with K9 -- has too many confusing options, but sure is reliable!
    (P.S. So do you miss K27 at all?)

Check out NitroDesk Touchdown for email apps. They have an Exchange also (MS activesync is real time push not the pull style you are trying with every 15 minute checks).

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Check out NitroDesk Touchdown for email apps. They have an Exchange also (MS activesync is real time push not the pull style you are trying with every 15 minute checks).
    I've used Touchdown for 3-4 years now (with Exchange), and really love it. When I got it originally, the Galaxy S didn't have ActiveSync, so it was the best option for Exchange. Now they've implemented it, but I like Touchdown too much to give it up...

I faced this problem & also got its solution later. So i can solve your issue.