Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    Christian, if I make it over to that side this weekend I'll come hunt for you at Targhee BG. You flying solo in the moto?
    Yep. Takin' off now. Hope to see you up there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	targheebound.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	157240
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

The Village is hosting chainless DH races on Fridays now.... http://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/chai...the-bike-park/

Too bad, because JeffreyJim is on a 26'er in the photo, so he's definitely gonna lose.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I believe Jeffrey now has a bigger wheel... so vatch out!
    We'll be there this afternoon too.
    Any idea where they are going to run it?

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I believe Jeffrey now has a bigger wheel... so vatch out!
    We'll be there this afternoon too.
    Any idea where they are going to run it?
    Cool well have a ill crew too. Not sure if I wanna race though bra
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

everybody knows a 29" hardtail is the bike to beat. Too bad mine is getting a wheel rebuilt. Not sure if I'll make the vil tonight due to having to pick up and mount said wheel.

Ferrins and Cache creek rode amazingly well yesterday afternoon right before the downpour that I got caught in. Held off until the last section of putt putt which turned into a river but it was super-tack before that.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

cool hopefully we don't get rained out this afternoon.
    Just got back from a lunch ride on hagen/putt putt and it's riding well- super tacky and perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by HVskier View Post
    everybody knows a 29" hardtail is the bike to beat. Too bad mine is getting a wheel rebuilt. Not sure if I'll make the vil tonight due to having to pick up and mount said wheel.

Ferrins and Cache creek rode amazingly well yesterday afternoon right before the downpour that I got caught in. Held off until the last section of putt putt which turned into a river but it was super-tack before that.
    chainless wheelie race for you then

I'm all rigged up for a ride, but nooooo, more monsoon.
    http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?p...d=SFX&loop=yes

And in other news, congrats to all of us for the new Teton silver ride center designation. It was only MBT that made the application, but it was YEARS of work by so many people.
    http://valleycitizen.com/stories_new...?pkStories=875

Finally, send healing wishes to Panchosdad, who crashed HARD up at Targhee about 10 days ago- broke collarbone, 2 ribs, cracked pelvis and sacrum, laid up for a while.

The Ville was riding great this afternoon. Have fun and be safe if you're racing this evening!

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    I'm all rigged up for a ride, but nooooo, more monsoon.
    http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?p...d=SFX&loop=yes

And in other news, congrats to all of us for the new Teton silver ride center designation. It was only MBT that made the application, but it was YEARS of work by so many people.
    http://valleycitizen.com/stories_new...?pkStories=875

Finally, send healing wishes to Panchosdad, who crashed HARD up at Targhee about 10 days ago- broke collarbone, 2 ribs, cracked pelvis and sacrum, laid up for a while.
    The ride center designation is very cool.

That sounds like a nasty wreck. Sending healing vibes your way.

Had fun playing in the mud and cow shit at the big hole challenge today. Bovine was in epic shape, hit the brown pow just right.

Also, 2 thumbs up to Wilson Backcountry for being willing to tension and true a wheel that I built up, getting it done within 24 hours of first contact and charging me next to nothing. Some of the shops around here seem a bit pretentious and they were the complete opposite.
    Last edited by HVskier; 08-09-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Rode the old Phillips trail for the first time in like four years. Man, I forgot how fun and 'old school' of a descent that is! Perfect compliment to the new schooley Ridge trail...what a great area with Arrow/Snowtel thrown in.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I far prefer the challenge of the 'old school' phillips canyon to the ridge trail descent any day. Although the ridge trail was a great add for a better ride up.

Also chainless race on Fri night was so much fun. It was on Bronco, which is the turny trail under the lift. Perfect for a chainless. There's another this Fri night too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2114.jpg resized.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	429.8 KB 
ID:	157348

Here's Andrew from the chainless on Fri going on to become the weiner

Weather has been a bit rough lately....Did sneak in a fun ride down Phillips Canyon on wednesday evening with Dunfee right before the heavy rain started. Hoping things clear up this evening for the village.

I had a great time doing the pierre's hole 100 last week at Targhee. Those trails really just need some more tire tracks on them to smooth out a bit. Conditions ranged from slick in the morning to hero dirt to dust. Pretty impressive considering the thunderstorms they got the night before and throughout the week.

Looked like there was a good turn out for Pierre's hole- nice work doing the 100!
    Just saw the teton pass kicker was postponed until Sept bc of weather
    Guessing the chainless at the vill will be cancelled since my kickball game was cancelled and it pretty much takes a monsoon for them to call those off. boo hoo- the first one was such a blast

Mega bummed, and have been re-assigned to home-bound chores this evening as well. At least it's not sunny...

Long time lurker, first time poster who is moving to Jackson in two weeks!

I'm bringing my bike and was wondering how late in the season we get to ride? I saw the Bike Park is open only weekends in September, but was wondering about the trails before they are too muddy/snow covered.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

I'm bringing my bike and was wondering how late in the season we get to ride? I saw the Bike Park is open only weekends in September, but was wondering about the trails before they are too muddy/snow covered.
    Others will know better than I, but when I moved here (while recovering from a broken collarbone) Putt Putt was generally open through the end of October, although over that month large sections became unrideable due to mud. Hopefully we have a dry fall....

otherwise, had a fun pass lap day yesterday with almost no one out minus the mother moose and cub that almost side-swiped a friend on Parallel. Hot damn, that was intense! Pumped that spending all the time this summer in the JH bike park has helped me remove some sand and hit some of the gap stuff on Jimmy's, powerline, and Parrallel. Yew!

Who's going to Wydaho fest at Targhee this weekend? Many Super D racers in the thread? Thinking of heading over Saturday afternoon, doing a light ride on the climb and down Mill Creek to get a feel for that trail as I've never ridden it, then camping Saturday night before the race. Who's down?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

Straight up depends on weather, as you can imagine. Some yrs you can ride into Nov, some yrs the riding gets shut down in Sept.
    Where are you moving from?
    People here don't ride the trails in the rain/ mud like you can in other places as the dirt here's a bit different and the trails get fubar'd pretty easily but sometimes the sunnier trails like putt-putt and parallel can hold out longer than others

So Ryan- most of the locals know that there will be a fair amount of downhill traffic on Mill Creek over the weekend, but still, be aware of uphill traffic as there will be a lot of visiting bikers in town.

I'll be at the Wydaho Rendezvous this weekend. Looks like it might actually NOT rain. Believe it when I see it... I get to tail guide for Amanda Carey on her women's clinics, plus lead a ride Saturday morning from South Fork of Horseshoe to Mahogany (favorite ride EVER). Maybe a career change, haha.

And skibrd, Baby Bear has it right. So much depends on the year as to how long you can ride. Over here on the Spud side, Horseshoe loops and Aspen Trail can stay open til Halloween, but the high country can shut down well before that. We have clay mud that clogs derailleurs and tires, so no muddy riding. We manage to stretch the season by hitting up City Creek in Pocatello on the way out or back home. But right now- riding is ALL TIME. If you like long singletrack epic riding, sure, head to Targhee, but hit up the Bigholes: try S Fork Horseshoe to Elk Flat to South Canyon to North Canyon some time.

Hope to see you all this weekend. Stop by the MBT/ IMBA tent and say hi.

We will be over at Targhee Fri to ride, (for those that have not yet ridden Targhee- the lift service as well as the surrounding trails are great) then probably Sat for the chainless. Andrew is scheduled for a park tour on Sunday so we probably won't race the super-d unless I feel like driving over again myself. It's always a fun weekend. Weather looks good for Fri/Sat...Sun not so much but should make for a fun race

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Looked like there was a good turn out for Pierre's hole- nice work doing the 100!
    Just saw the teton pass kicker was postponed until Sept bc of weather
    Guessing the chainless at the vill will be cancelled since my kickball game was cancelled and it pretty much takes a monsoon for them to call those off. boo hoo- the first one was such a blast
    What team are you on? My game got canceled on Friday as well. I'm on TBA.

Sex panther.....

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    So Ryan- most of the locals know that there will be a fair amount of downhill traffic on Mill Creek over the weekend, but still, be aware of uphill traffic as there will be a lot of visiting bikers in town.

I'll be at the Wydaho Rendezvous this weekend. Looks like it might actually NOT rain. Believe it when I see it... I get to tail guide for Amanda Carey on her women's clinics, plus lead a ride Saturday morning from South Fork of Horseshoe to Mahogany (favorite ride EVER). Maybe a career change, haha.

And skibrd, Baby Bear has it right. So much depends on the year as to how long you can ride. Over here on the Spud side, Horseshoe loops and Aspen Trail can stay open til Halloween, but the high country can shut down well before that. We have clay mud that clogs derailleurs and tires, so no muddy riding. We manage to stretch the season by hitting up City Creek in Pocatello on the way out or back home. But right now- riding is ALL TIME. If you like long singletrack epic riding, sure, head to Targhee, but hit up the Bigholes: try S Fork Horseshoe to Elk Flat to South Canyon to North Canyon some time.

Hope to see you all this weekend. Stop by the MBT/ IMBA tent and say hi.
    I'll be riding lifts at Targhee on friday and I'll likely join you on the big hole ride Saturday. Might stick around for the chainless race and I'm planning on the Super D as well. if I do any camping it'll be Friday night.