Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    I'll see if i can make it. I'll need to shuttle!
    Still curious what you rode over in Idaho!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I'll see if i can make it. I'll need to shuttle!
    Still curious what you rode over in Idaho!
    Rideit we rode S Fork of Horseshoe to Mahogany. Left a rig at the corner past the river, and had a pushy tailwind on the road. All of it in perfect tacky shape. One tree down (3' diameter!) about halfway down Mahogany.

I rode Red Creek this afternoon. Also in perfect tacky shape. So so good right now. Tick tock...

Awesome pick! Jealous. Red Creek is such a great loop too...

Looks like baby bear found a ticket. We have an extra still. Anyone want it?

And shuttle tomorrow am?

There's a good chance I'll try to ride Phillips tomorrow at some point. Probably pedal from the base and then arrow/ snotel/ canyon loop though...PM if you want to meet up.

Ticket goes to ty1on

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Ticket goes to ty1on
    who is stoked and thankful! Bought two a few weeks ago, didn't look at the receipt til yesterday....discovered they are for the early show, dammit!!!!!!

anybody need a couple early tix?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    who is stoked and thankful! Bought two a few weeks ago, didn't look at the receipt til yesterday....discovered they are for the early show, dammit!!!!!!

anybody need a couple early tix?
    Shit.... blew it! In other news, watch your shit if you're riding up high on the pass... rode ridge trail to Blacks for lunch today and had to hike-a-bike around mud for 2/3 of that ride out there. Better to hit it in the morning when frozen.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Yup. I turned around early and just went down Fuzzy Bunny. Goopy.

Down for the Phillips ride tomorrow. Pm me for my number ride it and mtnlion!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

I don't think I can get a hall pass...

Thanks to all the JH locals that gave me and skibee showers and drinks and bike tour guides. Had a great 4 days. Now off south to vernal

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Thanks to all the JH locals that gave me and skibee showers and drinks and bike tour guides. Had a great 4 days. Now off south to vernal
    Lovely to hang with you guys, even though we are technically TV locals, not JH. And I got a laugh from your sticker (above and on my desk) as I changed it in my mind to read, "My life IS your vacation."

Have fun in Vernal and points south. Good luck with your enduro clinic, Skibee, and keep those burpees coming!

Anyone around to ride this weekend? Can we still ride or is it a no go?

Sure can...The top of phillips was a bit muddy in open areas over the weekend and I suspect the top of the pass is still pretty wet. Ferrins was bone dry yesterday and the next few days look beautiful.

Awesome. Sounds like Ill be exploring Ferrins.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Awesome. Sounds like Ill be exploring Ferrins.
    Stuff around Snow King is bone dry; teton pass has been getting more moisture (snow/rain), so some of the stuff higher up (Namely blacks) will ride better in the AM, early, when the ground is still frozen or close to it. Rode Fuzzy Bunny/Jimmy's Mom/Parrallel last night and they were all riding pretty damn well though, hero dirt after the rain with a few greasy spots and puddles.

If you haven't ridden Ferrins before, you have to, that trail is the flippin' shit. Will definitely be doing some riding this weekend but no plans yet.

hola JH bikechicas.....friend is selling her carbon 49cm Orbea Diva roadie for a grand if you know of anybody looking...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Let me know about tomorrow. I'm headed to the ski swap in the morning, but up for meeting up after to go for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Let me know about tomorrow. I'm headed to the ski swap in the morning, but up for meeting up after to go for a ride.
    Cool. riding Pass DH tonight after work if you'd be interested as well. Hoping to head up at 5. I'll PM you my #

Just missed you then. Rode Jimmy's mom at about 3/330, with out most of the jumps, (99% I skipped). It was awesome, dry, fast, clean, just the right amount of technical for me to me on the edge of my seat the whole way.

I'm up for riding any day, I don't think I can start PM's yet, but I can respond if someone else initiates.

If you want to ride before it rains Sunday/Monday, I'm free after the ski swap.

Rode Lithium on Friday with HV:

Remarkably, once we got down to the ridgeline, it was almost butter smooth tacky Putt Putt riding! All the chunder rode beautifully, no one out, as good of dirt as you can hope to get on that trail. Awesome stuff. Ran into skibird Saturday evening as I was coming down Ferrins, welcome to dude brah. Rode a little village yesterday am, pretty greasy but got to ride this new trail they're finishing up that splits off by that white trail maintenance building that the guy described as a smaller version of Bandit. Fun berms and tiny jumps and bridges leading down to a little skills zone. Also a lot of the kickers by the gondola on Bandit have been rebuilt, often cutting jumps down from 3 to 2, building them wider and waaaay safer than the sketchy hits of varying pop that were there before. Bigger as well.

Anyways, anybody seeing any good closeout deals on 650b bikes? Stopped by the Hub sale saturday, Transition Covert, Mojo HDR, Cannondale Jekyll/Triggers all selling for around $4000.

Thanks for the welcome and recommendation on Ferrins Ryan! Ferrins was nice, that top section is a blast, and the switchbacks were cool.

Thursday and Friday look nice, anyone want to possibly meet up for a ride?

Hope everybody got out these last few beautiful days. Could this be the beginning of the end? The last few weeks have been great but I think I'm ready for some snow (just not this weekend in Moab, please). Anybody else headed for the deserts?

Had a little too much fun, if possible, at the Slow Magic show last night and didn't get going until it started raining today in Jackson. Im going to try to get up Ferrins/Game Creek tomorrow if anyone is around and we get a weather window. If not, Im with HVskier about that snow, its time!

Ill be in the desert next week, but with my climbing gear and not my bike. We are going to watch the forecast on the way home to see if we can get a day on the snow in.