Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
    We did a few laps on the pass yesterday morning before the storm hit and the trails were in great shape.
    The 10 day forecast looks relatively sunny/warm though so hopefully we can squeeze out a couple more rides

A couple inches of snow in driggs and still coming down, starting to think we might be done. Like your optimism though.

Had a fun pedal to around and from the village yesterday. Cold enough that even with moisture the trails weren't sloppy. Tried the lower faces xc loop for the first time (boring) but all the bronco jumps under the gondola are rebuilt and looking pretty solid right now.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Has anyone ridden high up on the pass recently? Is going out to blacks a no go?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Im up for giving it a shot if you want company, whats the worst than can happen?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1415223259.165292.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	717.7 KB 
ID:	159942

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1415223271.926374.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	750.1 KB 
ID:	159943

Well... We found out. Road and q surprising bit of the trail were pedalable but bad to walk where hiking tracks left some lumpy trail. Real real life affirming fun coming down. Snow turned the tight switchbacks into mor half powerslide moves. Good times! Ski bird got a taste too

Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for the heads up Ryan, sorry I couldn't keep up. If you are willing to hike/ride in some snow at the top, the trip down is well worth it, the dirt was awesome and the power slides around the switch backs, even at slow speed, were awesome!

Trail maintenance questions, can anyone go do trail maintenance or do we need a permit? I was thinking of hiking up and clearing those two down trees maybe tomorrow or the next day if I can get my hands on a chainsaw.

Whats on the plan for tomorrow? Anyone want to show the worlds slowest mountain biker something cool to ride? (great sales pitch I know, Ill stick to my day job...)

I should be around for some riding in the next few days. Looks like its gonna be sunny and not too cold for a while.

Is it over??

Interesting/shitty transferring to fun ride with HV off Corral/Spooky on Saturday. Mud dried out enough to make the latter half of of the ride fun. Demo'ed a Mach 6, which is pretty much what I would hope retirement would feel like. Holy shit that bike is a piece of magic!!

Bike is washed....seems to be over...unless you enjoy riding in sub-freezing weather. Might try to get a little frozen dirt riding in if it warms back up just a bit.

Yup, it's done (at least for me). Bike put away, road bike on the trainer. What a great season, especially all the extra credit days in October and November.

the switch has been flipped. I was not expecting this much snow in town overnight.

waking up to 6 inches in town and still coming down definitely flipped any residual switches i had left over...

It's supposed to get to -7F tonight- yikes. I put studded tires on my old hardtail last winter but haven't taken it off the bike path. although I always think about taking it on a mini hagen ride- anyone had any experience with riding studded tires on off-camber icy trails? I guess the worst that can happen is that I slide into the creek and am cold until I get back to the car

If this high pressure bologna keeps up, may try to sneak away for a day/weekend to ride some instead of ski. Is Pocatello the closest option? Don't mind going back to City Creek but would love if something were to be closer...

You could try Dubois.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    You could try Dubois.
    You got any beta on riding there? the brief search I did only turned up dirt roads...

Singletrack (mostly moto) out by the dump. and dirt roads. I haven't ridden out there in ten years, though...sorry
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Singletrack (mostly moto) out by the dump. and dirt roads. I haven't ridden out there in ten years, though...sorry
    No worries; may just go for the extra 30 mins. and ride City Creek since I can't wait to see what this bike does on 911. Good to know, though, thanks!

Ryan- text Andrew about Dubois as he went on a riding exploratory mission there this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    No worries; may just go for the extra 30 mins. and ride City Creek since I can't wait to see what this bike does on 911. Good to know, though, thanks!
    911 is one of the most awkward jump trails I've ever rode...ridden? Made for a 20" BMX bike maybe...anyways, report back. I want yer bike.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    911 is one of the most awkward jump trails I've ever rode...ridden? Made for a 20" BMX bike maybe...anyways, report back. I want yer bike.
    Yeah I wouldn't say the jumps are the highlight of that trail, more the turns and g outs. Would be nice if you could line some of the jumps up to actually land in the next tranny instwad of the flats. I'll be sure to gape out with a helmet cam so all can enjoy the feeble slayage. Just wish the dropper was working.

Damn looks like Fitzy is selling his shop: http://blog.fitzgeraldsbicycles.com/...g-set-it-free/

Wow. It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out.

I suppose while this is at the top I might as well ask if anyone will be taking part in the Fat Bike Summit activities this weekend? I'll be up there Friday and Sat. Shop visits or advocacy seminars on Friday, then happy hours at The Hub and we'll see where the evening heads from there.

Ride bikes Saturday all day and night. Short track racing, pub crawl, gonna be a good time....and ahhh market researching.

Send me a PM if you're going to be around and want to tip a few. I'd be psyched to meet some Jackson mags, I get up there for work every few months and that generally involves riding bikes. Riding bikes with folks on their home turf is always a good thing.