Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Most skiers couldn't care less about big mountain freeskiing, and the general public only pay attention when a spectacular fall appears on their facebook page. The reality is that only those of us who actually participate in forms of skiing that partially resemble what is being done in these contests are a potential audience. Sponsors eventually work this out, so there's no money it it, and that's why the events and the webcasts are so mediocre. I'd love to see world class skiing at quality heli-accessed backcountry venues, with the sort of professional production values currently being achieved in surfing and downhill mountain biking (my other favorites), but the economics don't, and likely never will work. Even the MSI business model of making money out of 200 aspiring dirt bags that'll show up to ski tracked out bumps doesn't make sense for the resorts, leaving junior comps, where at least the parents drop lots of cash over the weekend, as the only successful format standing after 23 years of trying just about every variation. I guess I'll just have to go skiing.

Skree Field would be SICK big mountain comp zone.