Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The TGR Dream Car Is Here

http://jalopnik.com/vw-will-bring-an...ica-1562176442

Try no to take some skeet to eye...

Next they'll be talking about a diesel Tacoma in the states...

Hugh Conway Guest
    ONLY 3 YEARS TILL YOU GUYS WILL BUY IT USED, COMPLAINING ALL THE WHILE ABOUT THE LACK OF GOOD DEALS BECAUSE NOONE BOUGHT ONE NEW!

Quote Originally Posted by HeliFreeSawatch View Post
    Next they'll be talking about a diesel Tacoma in the states...
    Way prettier than current Taco IMO, and with a 2.8L Duramax in 2016: http://www.expeditionportal.com/othe...-colorado.html

Curious to see what Toyota does on that front. 2016 Tundra is supposedly getting the 5.0 Cummins, but no word that I've seen on the Taco. Current engine in that truck is dated. Even my 2013 4Runner, on the same chassis, has a more advanced engine--and that's not saying a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    ONLY 3 YEARS TILL YOU GUYS WILL BUY IT USED, COMPLAINING ALL THE WHILE ABOUT THE LACK OF GOOD DEALS BECAUSE NOONE BOUGHT ONE NEW!
    Heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Meh I'll pass on that.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...on_first_look/

^LightRanger beat me to it.

And I was thinking, great, my audi 90 has to last another 15 years before I can look at these.

good thing you trustafarians have deep pockets to pay for all the electrical glitches and brake system fuckups that make VWs such a great status symbol

ALL HAIL MANUAL DIESEL AWD WAGON AVAILABLE IN AMERICA!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    good thing you trustafarians have deep pockets to pay for all the electrical glitches and brake system fuckups that make VWs such a great status symbol
    I'm not following this train of thought.

I'd buy one. Alta sticker on the back window, Thule cargo box with Ski the East and Mad River Glen sticker. Move the fuck over when I flash my lights.

Toyota seems to have something against diesels in the USA and they're seemingly preventing Subaru from bringing one over too. Of course, that's just conjecture. But it seems like Toyota USA and the idiots who buy them are all about HYBRIDZ HYBRIDZ HYBRIDZ
    Golf is nice and all, but it's small and has, what, 4" of ground clearance? Ouch.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Hugh Conway Guest
    ah yes everyone needs 20" of ground clearance for their active lifestyle (aka, a picture taken fording a creek, once a year). if you need reliable ground clearance regularly - OMG - they've made these things called SUVs for years. they work kinda well. If you need posing, there's outbacks.

train of thought is VW electrics suck, and fail, which they have in the past, and it's a pain to get them fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm not following this train of thought.
    And?

I'll say this for VW: at least they're not as expensive initially as Audi vehicles, even though they suffer the same flaws that make long-term ownership such a great joy of expenditure.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Move the fuck over when I flash my lights.
    You can have that left lane. Given that your brakes are likely to fail, I don't want to be in front of you anyway.

I'll say this for VW: at least they're not as expensive initially as Audi vehicles, even though they suffer the same flaws that make long-term ownership such a great joy of expenditure..
    No shit.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

ah yes everyone needs 20" of ground clearance for their active lifestyle (aka, a picture taken fording a creek, once a year). if you need reliable ground clearance regularly - OMG - they've made these things called SUVs for years. they work kinda well. If you need posing, there's outbacks.
    I use all 9" of mine regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    No shit.......
    they drive well (fun) when they're not broken down, that's also a sometimes (+)

Always loved my Jetta but it simply ate parts, and I'm no trustee!

they drive well (fun) when they're not broken down, that's also a sometimes (+)
    I was being sarcastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I was thinking more along the lines of 6 to 8 inches so potholes as washboards and such don't utterly destroy the car.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Hugh Conway Guest
    I was thinking more along the lines of 6 to 8 inches so potholes as washboards and such don't utterly destroy the car.
    if you pay the fuck attention (hard, I know, for maggots behind the wheel when you've got to update your facebook status to "crushing pow on the Ridge #livinthadream") you can make many washboarded/potholed roads work with 4-5" of clearance. that's heresy here, I know. if you really want to beat on something, continuously, car bits aren't what you want anyways. they make SUVs that do that much better. you aren't saving the fucking planet by buying your diesel wagon hitlermobile even if it does fart smug french fries.

train of thought is VW electrics suck, and fail, which they have in the past, and it's a pain to get them fixed.
    SUVs suck balls and are way slower on snow than a good handling awd. Dealing with electronics is was better than dealing with replacing front end parts every 20k

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    SUVs suck balls and are way slower on snow than a good handling awd
    Ahh yes the TGR rearender/flipped/ditch club.

Ahh yes the TGR rearender/flipped/ditch club.
    Yea, maybe if I try to pass your slow ass in a SUV. Oh wait, I forgot, you probally AT to your destination.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Yea, maybe if I try to pass your slow ass in a SUV
    price you pay for being a ratrace cunt roadraging to pass faster thans safe. i float on smug, levitating

For years I have been lusting for an awd diesel vw. Yes VW has issues with electrics and water getting into places it shouldn't and a myriad of other issues that many rational people would be put off by. I never bought a new car or motorcycle in 37 years of motor vehicles and I'm not about to start BUT when my low mileage 14 year old Saab becomes high mileage I might look for one of these...but I can imagine that even used they will be pricey. Used affordable 3 series awd might be a better bet. Even if I were a trustafarian I'd still get a used set of wheels...just not quite as used

price you pay for being a ratrace cunt roadraging to pass faster thans safe. i float on smug, levitating
    No such thing as unsafe speed in my audi.