Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Here's a pic ...this one has an R badge, 4WD TDI, 6 spd manual.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    So you just drill holes and use carriage bolts/wingnuts to attach the roof box?
    May want to use a few washers as well.

Timberidge, where was that?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Timberidge, where was that?
    NYC Auto Show last week. It looked well finished inside and out. It was not just a show body on a rotating platform you couldn't play with. If VW are not planning to bring it, they are giving us a really good head fake.

I hope they do.

OK, that was the same one then that I saw in the Autoblog article.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    NYC Auto Show last week. It looked well finished inside and out. It was not just a show body on a rotating platform you couldn't play with. If VW are not planning to bring it, they are giving us a really good head fake.

I hope they do.
    I do not understand why they have it at a N.A auto show if there is no way they are selling it here. In the $30k range, that car should sell like crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

$30k for a Golf?
    And ooooooh, look at the rubberband tires. There better be some big brakes under there at least.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

you expect a sport model not to come with low profile tires? id be stoked on a 30k price point, look at the tag on the v60.

$30k for a Golf?
    And ooooooh, look at the rubberband tires. There better be some big brakes under there at least.
    I dunno I think a low 30K would be attractive--people are paying 30K for Mini All4s and seriously what can you buy with all that spec for under 30K these days?

There was plenty of room behind that wheel for a smaller wheel. There were no Brembo's behind there if that's what you are asking. Looked like standard floating calipers.

30K stock. You can upgrade I imagine. ugly and pug IMO.

These cheap autobahn (perfect roads, no potholes, no torn up roads bridges) suspensions cannot handle actual winter and American driving habits. They will be trashed after one hard driving winter.

This is the major reason many people in the USA are driving SUVs…..
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Honda Accords are 30k these days, at least for ones that arent stripped out rental machines. 30k for this car is a steal.

And like mentioned before, guys like AustinSA will bitch in 5 years cause they cant find one used for below book value.
    Live Free or Die

yes

please

hopefully this bleeds up to the A4
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    30K stock. You can upgrade I imagine. ugly and pug IMO.

These cheap autobahn (perfect roads, no potholes, no torn up roads bridges) suspensions cannot handle actual winter and American driving habits. They will be trashed after one hard driving winter.

Mericans drive SUVs because Mericans like trucks and are fucking idiots for the most part. My V70R wagon will haul as much as most any SUV, is way more comfortable and way more fun to drive. O and it looks a hella lot better than an SUV as does the VW.

As far as reliability, my car is an 06 with 135k on it. Best Volvo I have owned out of 4. And did I say it drives and kicks the shit out of most any SUV????
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Dude you live on the beach in San Diego right, not exactly the road conditions found in many other parts of the country. AKA, the roads DasCunt is talking about.

Sure you V70R works great on roads that have never seen a freeze/thaw cycle.
    Live Free or Die

A "stripped" rental/fleet vehicle nowadays typically still has power everything, keyless entry, a whole host of safety features legally required, etc, etc. With any luck, they also have real mechanical knobs that are attached to something (a lot of knobs are just there for tactile sensation and not actually. attached to anything. Whole dash is barely serviceable if at all.). Fucking "infotainment" in a car. Brilliant. And who still needs nav?
    So base model me up, homes!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Dude you live on the beach in San Diego right, not exactly the road conditions found in many other parts of the country. AKA, the roads DasCunt is talking about.

Your a fucking dork. It is a Volvo. They are all over Sweden. It is cold there and I am in the mountains at least a month a winter. The car kicks ass in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    You're joking, right? Have you ever driven a Volvo in the mountains? I can assure you they kick ass in snow and ice. I live off one of the most deadly highways in the state (very icy sometimes). My Volvo has been an absolute boss on the slickest of days, and the deepest of days. I just wish it was an R.

Gallatin Canyon isn't too bad on potholes, I seem to remember. Bozeman is high and cold enough that the freeze/thaw cycle isn't too bad.
    Sometimes Missoula gets so bad, Subarus just go missing.
    No longer stuck.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Subarus just go missing.
    don't they just go back to California/Virginia/Florida aka where they came from?

a lot of knobs are just there for tactile sensation
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    don't they just go back to California/Virginia/Florida aka where they came from?
    IDK, I almost got swallowed up, one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    teehee
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    The reason SUVs are so popular in North America is marketing and group think.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    The reason SUVs are so popular in North America is marketing and group think.
    Women prefer vehicles in which they sit higher.

^^^ yeah that's part of it.

High and Mighty.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    You're joking, right? Have you ever driven a Volvo in the mountains? I can assure you they kick ass in snow and ice. I live off one of the most deadly highways in the state (very icy sometimes). My Volvo has been an absolute boss on the slickest of days, and the deepest of days. I just wish it was an R.
    We arent talking about performance in the snow, we're talking about performance on frost heaves, potholes, and destroyed roads. Hence why people tend to prefer SUV's, which was the impetus of this specific thread drift.

No doubt the V70r handles great in the wet and snow, but not so great when the road base is torn to shit. 1" sidewalls just aren't the best for those conditions, which is a fact.
    Last edited by AdironRider; 05-02-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Live Free or Die