Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    I like the posters attitude about adventure; but ,there is so much usefull info from experienced mountaineers.Mitigating risk,getting to your line , is way important.Since you pioneer your own tracks,i'd tell ya "when it looks like a perfect bluebird day,may be some of riskier ski days in BC;as soon as sun hits powder,it can possibly becomes far less stable.
    I've always wondered: do you type your posts using just your nose while huffing solvents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

First post here...

Let's address the fact that OP races Nastar with a DIN of 17. http://www.live-timing.com/search.php?text=Patrick+Luk

Also in his last race he had lucky bib 69...
    Last edited by gouldie; 04-19-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
    I typically pack
    - <snip>
    - full med kit; hemostat, hemostatic powder, gauze, bp cuff (which doubles as tourniquet), stethoscope, shears, IV starter, 300mL saline, tape, painkillers, alcohol wipes, and butterfly stitches. I have, throughout the past three years, used everything in this kit other than the hemostat clamp, the IV starter, and the saline.
    This is fascinating. I'm really interested in finding out when you:
    - used the BP cuff, stethoscope and hemopowder in your BC adventures
    - the conditions you think will necessitate an IV, and why that will be more important than say Antihistamines for insect bite or a means of irrigating/closing deep wounds, which seem lacking in your "full med kit". Unless that's what the saline bag is for...

Knife (Gerber LMF2), fire starter, paracord, and a tarp are always in the bag. Didn't list em because they never get pack, as they are in there all the time.
    Now that is a knife. http://www.gerbergear.com/Military/K...Knife_22-41400
    How does it work for tightening Phillips screws?

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Probably better for killing wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    This is fascinating. I'm really interested in finding out when you:
    - used the BP cuff, stethoscope and hemopowder in your BC adventures
    - the conditions you think will necessitate an IV, and why that will be more important than say Antihistamines for insect bite or a means of irrigating/closing deep wounds, which seem lacking in your "full med kit". Unless that's what the saline bag is for...

Yes, do tell?

This kid is amazing! All attention seeking bravado and No brains or humility. (At this point he deserves the hazing he's getting)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

How am I only seeing this thread now? This is reaching GSA like levels of awesomeness!!!

Perfect avalanche snow?

Like quicksand????

Level 3 holster???

Wolves????

I am awestruck.

Between Rog and this guy NH=Snowsports douche Capitol of the World!

Well done, douches.
    #HughConwayMatters

Could this guy be Icelandic skier?
    Life is not lift served.

Definitely related somehow. Father/Son? Mother/Daughter?

No need for a beacon. There was no avi risk that day. None. And there wasn't a slide that day.
    How did you determine there was no avy risk? (FTR, MWAC did have Tuckerman and Huntington rated Low that day but aside from potential issues with extrapolating for other zones, they noted, as they often do, "Low avalanche danger does not mean NO avalanche danger.")

Any second thoughts about the 11 a.m. start time? (I don't know King Ravine but anyone, what time does it go into the shade? This accident happened "well past 4 p.m." per RTT's email to ABC News.)

What did you do in the way of weather assessment before you set out?

At any point after the surface refroze did you consider hiking back down the way you came up rather than skiing your intended line? I realize you race so firm might not intimidate you, but I'm just trying to understand the risk assessment process given the risk that got realized here.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Right, except that I'm still waiting to hear where he took his avy training. I'm curious where he learned his shit. His 'snow science' is kind of an indicator.
    When I took AIARE 1 last year I thought the discussion of heuristic traps was at least as valuable as the snow science - and those traps don't only apply to avalanches. From the comfort of my fat ass in my armchair it looks like familiarity and commitment were pretty likely traps here.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfish View Post

Any second thoughts about the 11 a.m. start time?
    why are you asking a serious questions here??????? come on................

little red riding hood was up all night studying, the 5 am departure time from wear was much to early for him

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    why are you asking a serious questions here
    Monkfish has had some seriously good questions - maybe if RT3 ever gets his head on straight he can answer them even if just for himself.

But more likely he will be la RT3 - but reveling in his adventures might not be bad reading.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Monkfish has had some seriously good questions - maybe if RT3 ever gets his head on straight he can answer them even if just for himself.
    Also other kids reading/lurking can answer the q's for themselves, rather than being led to believe that RT3 is a good backcountry role model [excepting that he did make an effort to solve his own problem, which was good].
    Last edited by neck beard; 04-19-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I've always wondered: do you type your posts using just your nose while huffing solvents?
    i almost never proofreads ;I leave it that like to keep maggots busy
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Where is STFUYFM when you REALLY need him?
    Gravity. It's the law.

Just signing up for this one since it still has legs...don't mind me

I was wearing levels 1, 2, 3, and 5 on myself, and had 7 compressed into my bag.
    Level 3 holster, level 7 jacket, level 0 decision making. RT3>GSA imo.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Just signing up for this one since it still has legs...don't mind me
    Wait until rawjs after school detention is over - it is sure to go stratospheric all over.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

^^^ use your voice to turn that into an expulsion! What a better place it would be.

And Rise to the top like a turd in a pool you are a laughing stock - well done. Chucklehead!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Bumpy your beautiful! Thanks for the gut wrenching laugh!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

RTTT, can you send along a pic to show how well your facial wounds are healing?

"There was no avi risk. None"

There is always avi risk dipstick! I saw 20 degrees slide this year with a near 3 meter crown.

You need a big fat dilldoe in your pack because you sure do like getting fucked!

Quote Originally Posted by talus View Post
    "There was no avi risk. None"

There is always avi risk dipstick!
    But,but,but,but...it didn't slide! That proves there was no risk!

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post

But more likely he will be la RT3 - but reveling in his adventures might not be bad reading.

I was trying to be sarcastic,

the problem is fall to the bottom answers every question that has been asked with "I'm premed" "I got a perfect score on my sat" "I'm the smartest poster on TGR" "I've got a level ten dildo gun holster"

I don't believe RT3 said he got a perfect SAT score. If he did he would not need to take a whole semester off to study for the MCAT. I think this thread has demonstrated that there is a significant gulf between his perceived intelligence and abilities when compared to reality.