Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by epicski View Post
    They'll be rich if they can tax stupidity.
    They would already be millionaires and own Squaw valley if there was such a thing...stupid is as stupid does

Latest Campaign Financing Report

$366,000+ and counting

http://unofficialalpine.com/?p=5849

I want to take this opportunity to thank Naysayr for at least dropping the illiterate s[w]aggerific persona.

/drift
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by FriendsofSV View Post
    Only 3 numbers away from 666

Andy the mark off the beast???

satan Valley?

Wow, just cray...

Space reserved for $400,000 and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    I want to take this opportunity to thank Naysayr for at least dropping the illiterate s[w]aggerific persona.

/drift

i like this guy.

You appear to have daddy issues.

You appear to have daddy issues.

Yes daddy, I've been a very bad boy and need to be punished before mommy gets home..

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    For serious. I mean, FoSV/Sierra Watch and IOV aren't the same group, but their goals don't really diverge all that far as far as I can tell. Do their boards share members?
    Not as far as I know, but some attend their meetings. I wouldn't be surprised (assuming its permissible in Cali) if IOV stood on the sidelines of any court case where IOV agreed to adhere to the outcome of a KSL v Groups of influential and rich environmentalistswith pro bono lawyers and experts.

Btw, I wonder if this is the article on 'turning Tahoe into a faucet': http://californiawaterblog.com/2014/...as-water-woes/.

Btw, I wonder if this is the article on 'turning Tahoe into a faucet': http://californiawaterblog.com/2014/...as-water-woes/.
    Wouldn't be the first time someone took an April 1st article seriously. "Pier reviewed" was particularly nice touch.

Not as far as I know, but some attend their meetings. I wouldn't be surprised (assuming its permissible in Cali) if IOV stood on the sidelines of any court case where IOV agreed to adhere to the outcome of a KSL v Groups of influential and rich environmentalistswith pro bono lawyers and experts.

Not surprised at the meeting attendance. Thanks for the info.

I don't really get what you're asking on the Court front. If there was a lawsuit on the incorporation issue, only certain parties/orgs would have standing to be parties to the suit. Likewise if there was a CEQA lawsuit (although way more have standing in that hypothetical suit). IOV would be a real party in interest to any potential suit against LAFCo approval, or the petitioner in any potential suit against disapproval.

Check the date on your link to using Tahoe as a reservoir... It is an April Fools article. A joke. I thought you had given that idea a rest by now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Looks like they found someone else to do the Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/new...-incorporation

Looks like they found someone else to do the Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/new...-incorporation
    For an extra $30,000+ -- 65% more than the original. Ouch.

For an extra $30,000+ -- 65% more than the original. Ouch.
    And if a full CEQA is required, even more. Wonder whether IOV can raise the funds. On a related note I see that in the new plan documents (see the FOSV thread) KSL is proposing shuttles through the OV residential areas--scheduled during ski hours, dial-a-ride other times. Wonder if these go away if incorporation succeeds, or alternatively, if incorporation succeeds shuttles and other perks like passes can be used to buy off the town.

A big step forward for Incorporate Olympic Valley.

Today the Placer County LAFCO Commission voted 6-0 to award the Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis to RSG.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is that a big step? Seems more like a box that had to be checked.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is that a big step? Seems more like a box that had to be checked.
    Anything that keeps this thread on the front page is big news. I believe the new firm is charging roughly twice what the old firm bid.

It is a big step because City Gate, the previous firm, stepped down and a new firm was quickly secured. IOV paid for the CFA in full, something to the tune of $85,000.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Anything that keeps this thread on the front page is big news. I believe the new firm is charging roughly twice what the old firm bid.
    I think it was about a $30k premium, but they were providing more analysis. Not sure whether that ends up being a wash.

It is a big step because City Gate, the previous firm, stepped down and a new firm was quickly secured. IOV paid for the CFA in full, something to the tune of $85,000.
    Good to hear, but still seems more of a ministerial issue than a big step. But that's just semantics.

$427,000 and counting

Closing in on $1000 per registered voter.

For tomorrow's IOV community meeting, the guest speaker will be Mammoth Lakes Town Councilman John Wentworth. The meeting will be at the Crest Cafe on Alpine Meadows road.

http://unofficialalpine.com/?p=6345

Bangers and mash for all! London calling?
    New York, Paris, London, Reno?

Andy Wirth just saved the winter for K$L!

IRS Grants Non-Profit Status To Incorporate OV Foundation

Press Release

Declares Tax-Free Status As Charitable Organization; Donations Are Now Tax Deductible

For Immediate Release – November 5, 2014 – Olympic Valley, California

The Internal Revenue Service has awarded non-profit status to the Incorporate OV (IOV) Foundation. Declaring IOV Foundation as a tax-exempt charitable entity reinforces the organization’s mission and status in the community. In addition to the financial benefits to IOV, supporters will benefit via tax deductibility of their contributions.

“This is another significant step in our journey towards the incorporation of Olympic Valley as California’s newest town. “ said Fred Ilfeld, chairman of the Incorporate OV Foundation. “We are delighted that the IRS has recognized the Foundation’s status and role in this process. This is in keeping with the long tradition of small American communities stepping up to govern themselves.“

The startup IOV organization recently reorganized into two entities: The Incorporate OV Foundation was restructured as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and the Incorporate OV restructured as a 501(c)(4) organization. The 501(c)(3) foundation is focused on managing the legal process of incorporation, while the 501(c)(4) is focused on both the incorporation process as well as the campaign for community dialogue and support. Both enjoy public support, but only donations to the 501(c)(3) foundation will be tax deductible.

About Incorporate Olympic Valley:

Incorporate Olympic Valley was formed by Squaw Valley residents concerned about maintaining their mountain culture and gaining local control and jurisdiction over land use decisions, locally generated tax revenues, and key services prioritized by locals, such as snow removal and road maintenance.

All media inquiries, please contact info@IncorporateOlympicValley.org

”Believe you can and you're halfway there."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt, 26th U.S. president

# # #

Press Release

Declares Tax-Free Status As Charitable Organization; Donations Are Now Tax Deductible

For Immediate Release – November 5, 2014 – Olympic Valley, California

The Internal Revenue Service has awarded non-profit status to the Incorporate OV (IOV) Foundation. Declaring IOV Foundation as a tax-exempt charitable entity reinforces the organization’s mission and status in the community. In addition to the financial benefits to IOV, supporters will benefit via tax deductibility of their contributions.

“This is another significant step in our journey towards the incorporation of Olympic Valley as California’s newest town. “ said Fred Ilfeld, chairman of the Incorporate OV Foundation. “We are delighted that the IRS has recognized the Foundation’s status and role in this process. This is in keeping with the long tradition of small American communities stepping up to govern themselves.“

The startup IOV organization recently reorganized into two entities: The Incorporate OV Foundation was restructured as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and the Incorporate OV restructured as a 501(c)(4) organization. The 501(c)(3) foundation is focused on managing the legal process of incorporation, while the 501(c)(4) is focused on both the incorporation process as well as the campaign for community dialogue and support. Both enjoy public support, but only donations to the 501(c)(3) foundation will be tax deductible.

About Incorporate Olympic Valley:

Incorporate Olympic Valley was formed by Squaw Valley residents concerned about maintaining their mountain culture and gaining local control and jurisdiction over land use decisions, locally generated tax revenues, and key services prioritized by locals, such as snow removal and road maintenance.

All media inquiries, please contact info@IncorporateOlympicValley.org

”Believe you can and you're halfway there."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt, 26th U.S. president

# # #
    Let's see--tax deductible donation to IOV or to MSF to fight Ebola. Tough call.