Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Pay site. Is there anything in this article that hasn't been covered in the other dozen or so articles and blogs you've posted links to?
    Here's the link to the PDF.

http://friendsofsv.org/wp-content/up...or-control.pdf

There really isn't any new revelations, though its nice to see a major publication like the Wall Street Journal picking up on it.

IOV Meeting Wrap Up: More Honesty And Answers

Weighing In On Squaw Valley’s Contributions

Unofficial Alpine latest report on Save Olympic Valley's campaign against incorporation

Almost $300,000 in contributions against incorporation

Letter of Support For Incorporation

Quote Originally Posted by FriendsofSV View Post
    Based on other incorporations I've observed over the years LAFCO's decision will be made based on the economic findings, and the outcome will be decided by the registered voters. Hard to see how SV's PR campaign on the one side and a lot of letters and editorials on the other will have much if any influence.

Squaw Valley contributions surpass $250K to challenge town

“Until the comprehensive fiscal analysis and revenue neutrality process is done, to say it’s not viable and to throw $250,000 to say that it’s not viable is crazy,” -Tom Day

“Incorporation is not about anti-development, it’s about having a stronger voice in the future of the community,” he said. “... At the end of the day, the outcome isn’t as important as who makes the decision of the outcome.” -Tom Day

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/nor...olympic-fiscal

The only actual news there's been lately is that company that was going to do the financial analysis bailed. Otherwise we keep hearing the same propaganda from both sides and occasional news articles and op ed pieces saying the same stuff.

The only actual news there's been lately is that company that was going to do the financial analysis bailed.
    I couldn't figure out whether they jumped or were pushed, but I wasn't trying too hard.
    not counting days 2016-17

Repetition is Good!!! This FOV diatribe sounds a lot like the Manitoba mountain/Mountain riders alliance spew. bTW what ever happened to Manitoba mountain? did the new paradigm ever emerge?

Did the unicorns finally run out of farts and this is the new venture.

Does the FOV chairman even live in Squaw Valley or CA??!

Who knows, but they sure like to use quotes from their board members to show .... something.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Naysayr View Post
    Repetition is Good!!! This FOV diatribe sounds a lot like the Manitoba mountain/Mountain riders alliance spew. bTW what ever happened to Manitoba mountain? did the new paradigm ever emerge?

Nice first post, astroturder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Do you mean IOV or SOV or FSV? If you mean IOV or FSV the answer is yes.

Same verbal mouth runs, all hype and bad PR pieces. Who cares if KSL spent 300 k in their campaign? iOV would spend the same if the had can't believe there isn't a thread for when Andy farts. This is just MRA with new social media handles.

Can't forget friends of alpine meadows too!!

Who cares if KSL spent 300 k in their campaign? iOV would spend the same if the had can't believe there isn't a thread for when Andy farts. .
    The people who got laid off last winter to save money. The people who had to wait in long lines because they didn't run ABC. I could go on and on.

The people who got laid off last winter to save money. The people who had to wait in long lines because they didn't run ABC. I could go on and on.
    The folks who bailed to Sugarbowl... :banghead:
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Shames Mtn = Fail
    Manitoba Mountain = Fail
    MRA = Fail

not exactly the best group to lead us to the promised land.

Right. Because MRA (or FoSV, if you prefer) are trying to buy Squaw Valley.

So the situations are directly comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Right. Because MRA (or FoSV, if you prefer) are trying to buy Squaw Valley.

So the situations are directly comparable.

They do not have a proven track record of doing much besides forming groups, making websites and positng redundant editorials.

^^ Your comparison makes no sense. And for the record, MRA is running Mt. Abram in Maine.

That also has zero to do with the valley incorporating, but thanks for contributing a bunch of complete nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ Your comparison makes no sense. And for the record, MRA is running Mt. Abram in Maine.

That also has zero to do with the valley incorporating, but thanks for contributing a bunch of complete nonsense.

We'll thanks fo splainin' the reals!

Naysayer, what's this crap attack on one dude just because he runs facebook pages ...that get hundreds of people talking ...and 22,000 visitors in a week looking at unofficialalpine.

The new group of 2nd homeowners seem like a sensible group (and they're definitely not co-op resort/sell am off/concrete hugging greenies).

Some of the pro-Sov eople are ambivalent about an unbridled corporation and its sphere's of undue influence.

Small businesses are also worried ...about KSL.

It jst surprises me that KSL has, so quickly, 'lost' so many people through ill conceived ideas and dubious brain farts. Are they full of career yes-men and yes-women who lack the guts to tell the top brass a few home truths?

We'll thanks fo splainin' the reals!
    Whoever shook the troll tree and let this guy fall out, try and be more careful next time.