Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardent Race

Ardent Race

Anyone? They look intriguing. Captain Control is pissing me off. 29er specific feedback if ya got it.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Pizza for Spicoli?
    No longer stuck.

http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-465-121-ardent-race

Looks like it might be my next front tire. Looking for something with a little more grip than an ikon that won't slow me down too much going up.

still blaming tires for the lack of riding fitness?

it's a puzzle. not enough bike skill to ride a fast-roller, not enough fitness to ride the chunky tread your skill level demands. so what's more important to you? going fast uphill on hardpack, or feeling secure when not on a perfect section of hero dirt?

I was thinking lick my ballsack
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    still blaming tires for the lack of riding fitness?

it's a puzzle. not enough bike skill to ride a fast-roller, not enough fitness to ride the chunky tread your skill level demands. so what's more important to you? going fast uphill on hardpack, or feeling secure when not on a perfect section of hero dirt?
    This. If we had mods here I'd say lock thread no more needed.

Wow, sorry I asked a question about a tire. I'm so glad you had so much to add. I'll tell you what. I bend over, and you and creaky can lick my fucking anus. I'll be sure to shower first. Geez, I'm not an animal.
    No longer stuck.

no you are just gay and that is FINE with us, we knew it all along.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Yeah, but I'm not pissed about it. Or about living in a great town where the weather has been fantastic.
    I just went for a ride and I swear, every time I leaned hard it felt like the tires were ready to let go. Which is weird, because I like the Purgatory up front on my 26er.
    The Captain on the rear is great at neither acceleration nor braking. Stand up and pedal? Spin the wheel. Touch the back brake? Skid. Pretty sure it's not me, it's the rounded Lego bricks in the center.
    I might just have to tough it out with something knobby and heavy on the front like HR2's or Minions and Guinea Pig the Ardent race for you assholes.
    No longer stuck.

Yeah, but I'm not pissed about it. Or about living in a great town where the weather has been fantastic.
    I just went for a ride and I swear, every time I leaned hard it felt like the tires were ready to let go. Which is weird, because I like the Purgatory up front on my 26er.
    The Captain on the rear is great at neither acceleration nor braking. Stand up and pedal? Spin the wheel. Touch the back brake? Skid. Pretty sure it's not me, it's the rounded Lego bricks in the center.
    I might just have to tough it out with something knobby and heavy on the front like HR2's or Minions and Guinea Pig the Ardent race for you assholes.
    If you're not unhappy here, why do you always bitch about how it doesn't have all the cool shit you had in Westchester County?

Seriously, stop being two-faced.

As to riding -- you need to learn smoothness, subtlety, finesse. Which requires a different approach. Right now you're blaming tires for things that arise from your choppy bike handling. Are you even trying to figure out different ways to pressure the bike into turns? Different PSIs in the tires? Are you getting to know the tire before you try to make it behave? Tires are like skis. You have to do what they want you to do, work with them. All you show when you blame tires is that you're impatient and spastic.

I'm ignoring your gay bunker invitation. Go hang out at Amvets if that's what got you all twisted up.

Only in your mind do I bitch about the cool shit I don't have that I don't have.
    No longer stuck.

Only in your mind do I bitch about the cool shit I don't have that I don't have.
    what a fucktard. you copy woo when it comes to talking tires, you copy me slamming idiots like woo who think they know me personally.

you have posted numerous times about how Missoula doesn't have all the cool shit Westchester County NY had when you lived back there, dipshit. be thankful you didn't move here earlier than 2011, or you would have shit a huntermtn sized cinder block because it was even more rednecky back then. asswipe.

as someone who can't ski or ride a bike worth a shit, what's your grounding for being a know-it-all?

Nothing like a couple know-it-all douches talking shit about someone when they ask an honest question about something new. You guys are so core.

Tires are are personal... Lots of people like the ability to easily break a tire loose. There is also a lot of people that like a tires that always holds on. The thought of a "race" tire scares me. I am not gnar, just unlucky enough that light tires don't last more than a month. In my experience the ardent wasn't a grippy tire, but hey it was winter and they were single compound, which probably has more to do with it.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Nothing like a couple know-it-all douches talking shit about someone when they ask an honest question about something new. You guys are so core.
    hey cockmunch -- I've met Alex (stuckie) and ridden with him. I know what the fuck I'm talking about here. You don't. Go eat kidwoo's dick. Or suck rideit's pussy. I don't care. Just shut your yuppie piehole.

Apparently you don't remember the 15 or so posts stuckie has put up where he blames tires for his feeling slow, and then tries to "analyze" the tread pattern by cut-and-pasting things kidwoo has said. Meanwhile, he can barely ride a bike, and doesn't ride very often. So him blaming tires, or seeking new tires to overcome his shortfalls, is just wasted space.

If y'all brobrahs are trying to make this place PhD dissertation quality, then you may want to start by telling stuckie to go fuck himself. From there, tell kidwoo to stop trying to be funny and tell rideit to stop promoting himself as the greatest male feminist and sculpture artist and seer of reality, when he's just an arrogant douche like you. Maybe then we can have your wished-for Serious Debate Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Meanwhile, he can barely ride a bike, and doesn't ride very often. So him blaming tires, or seeking new tires to overcome his shortfalls, is just wasted space.
    Hilarious coming from someone whose entire post history is a clinic in wasted space. All you do on this forum is hate and spit vile mean things. Its easy to tear someone or something down. How about contributing, being helpful or I dunno just not a dick once and a while?

Eagerly awaiting my flaming from your high horse!

I like Ardents. But then I enjoy rants by creaky n HC and also like worn out Ardents, Crossmarks, Ikons and Race Kings for "freeride" applications so clearly must be a hack out of touch with my body for riding so what do I know.

Ardent Race looks interesting. ..as a rear tire... for me

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    Hilarious coming from someone whose entire post history is a clinic in wasted space. All you do on this forum is hate and spit vile mean things. Its easy to tear someone or something down. How about contributing, being helpful or I dunno just not a dick once and a while?

Eagerly awaiting my flaming from your high horse!
    What have you ever contributed? A great gaping hole that needs to be filled with stoke and positivity with a bunch of "attaboys" and "vibes" isn't a contribution.

^^ Ardents belong on the rear wheel. You'll like it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    What have you ever contributed? A great gaping hole that needs to be filled with stoke and positivity with a bunch of "attaboys" and "vibes" isn't a contribution.
    I have posted several trip reports, biking and skiing. I answer tech questions with my personal experience when I can. I post trail condition updates and contribute towards keeping the trails in my area clear and in good shape, maybe adding a feature or two. I don't spew thousands of hate filled posts. Most importantly I am not a dick, dick.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    I have posted several trip reports, biking and skiing. I answer tech questions with my personal experience when I can. I post trail condition updates and contribute towards keeping the trails in my area clear and in good shape, maybe adding a feature or two. I don't spew thousands of hate filled posts. Most importantly I am not a dick, dick.
    oh, but you are a dick. A typical TGR dick who doesn't even realize what a great conglomeration of dickwads you are with your formulaic bullshit reply. like your "personal experience" bullshit tech advice.

I went riding once with creaky and I was slow. So slow, it was almost like I had a brand new bike that I had never ridden before and was trying to feel it out. Almost as though I got used to riding a 26er full sus and switched to a 29er hardtail that I had just built up myself.
    I guess I'm not worthy of riding with cf and he wants to make sure you all know what an inferior person that makes me.
    Oh well. At least I'm happy.
    Creaky, it's time to take an interwebz break again.
    No longer stuck.

ahh, tgr. feel the love.

You know what's even crazier?! I actually enjoy bike riding and skiing. I don't try to compete, so I actually take the time to experience the sights and sounds and smells and whatnot. Fuckin nuts, right?
    No longer stuck.

Hugh Conway Guest
    I actually enjoy bike riding and skiing
    fun stuff, without the assholes who live and breathe it all "contributing" together to making it a pile of shit.