Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ardent Race

see shirk at post 68.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Nah - that's exactly it. because I'm a dick to cunts like you flowie, and all of the other stokeless industry assholes who leach money and fun out of the sport. There's a few decent people the stokeless circlejerk of assholes you call "friends" haven't kicked out, yet, but you'll get there. I'm sure I've seen you sneering with all of the other little shitbags that's all you "stoked out" people do.
    http://youtu.be/EKRhxvmtass

I vote thumbs up.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=handbags

but then you'd be self-aware, not the uptight "industry" cunt

so now that the PC Police and Stoke Gendarmerie have shut their yaps, who else has something funny to say?

Hugh, I am offended by the use of the word "uptight." I consider it a microaggression against everyone with anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    How have you lasted so long here? Serious question.
    This will be my last post in this exchange.

I normally ignore this sort of stuff because I really don't find it interesting. I like reading about what people are up to and I like hearing people's opinions on gear, but it seems that everywhere I look, threads are turning into ones similar to this. IMO, this sort of crap makes this place worse and I am getting tired of it.

I wish I hadn't said anything and continued to fly under the radar as now I feel there may be a target on my back. But I'm quite tired of threads that degrade into name-calling and personal insults. I would rather read about tires.

Over and out.

oh, how prim and proper.

I wonder if there are any tire discussions in SR, and I wonder if any were started by stuckie? I doubt that's a good place to look, given the whole tenor of this thread, 'n' shit.

STAY ON TASK, SOLDIER!

And it's not even summer yet. Ugh.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

yeah, why isn't everyone here providing "stoke"? when I first visited TGR I noticed everyone saying you had to bring "stoke" and I ignored all the sarcasm, satire, hazing, playing of The Dozens, etc and concluded that jovial church bible study fellowship was the essence of TGR. no way I was wrong about that. I'm going to do a TR right now.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    I would rather read about tires.
    So spend the $80 and buy one and and write something about them. Maybe people will intelligently respond. I wouldn't put odds on the latter because the number of people who will intelligently address tires is miniscule for reasons listed above and elsewhere. It'll be marketing babble or personal babble but mostly just babble. If you like the emotional reassurance of quality babble you can go to blister or any other site for better product babble. But these things aren't unobtanium you can test them yourself. right? or am I insane in thinking of doing this shit? like building wheels without spending $500 on tools

now back to your regularly scheduled programming

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    So spend the $80 and buy one and and write something about them. Maybe people will intelligently respond. I wouldn't put odds on the latter because the number of people who will intelligently address tires is miniscule for reasons listed above and elsewhere. It'll be marketing babble or personal babble but mostly just babble. If you like the emotional reassurance of quality babble you can go to blister or any other site for better product babble. But these things aren't unobtanium you can test them yourself. right? or am I insane in thinking of doing this shit? like building wheels without spending $500 on tools

now back to your regularly scheduled programming
    Wait, so are we supposed to like Blister now?

I feel like you are the blue dress, and the rest of tgr is the red dress.

Hugh Conway Guest
    lead them grand maven! lead your clan into battle! speak for everyone leader of the people! There is but one tgr, one skiing, one biking! And you are one of the chosen ones! One of the anointed insiders! You can lead your clan to the high heights let them view the grand world! Your public needs you!

Sheesh. These guys are like Greg from AlpineZone. They shoot, they score!

Slammed the stem and bars to the headset and oh boy was that better. Captains still suck. Rounded center tread. Who thought that was a good idea? I'm pushing 200lbs because I'm a disgusting fatbody, so it definitely doesn't work.
    No longer stuck.

^^^ no more jelly doughnuts, private pyle.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Hugh Conway Guest
    alright it's another wannabe Jillian Michaels from Montucky!

Quote Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
    ^^^ no more jelly doughnuts, private pyle.
    YOU ARE A DISGUSTING FAT BODY
    YOU MOVE LIKE OLD PEOPLE FUCK
    GET OFF OF MY OBSTACLE!
    No longer stuck.

who's jillian michaels?
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Quote Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
    who's jillian michaels?
    the man half of a lesbian couple.

I'm totally a male lesbian.
    No longer stuck.

Rear tires don't seem to matter much to me. I like it when they slide out. I actually prefer a worn rear tire to a new one, cus I can go into a turn and slide my rear around the corner in a faster or at least more fun way to turn. I acutally liked a worn nevegal "gasp" in the rear, cus the thing would slide like an ice skate!

So is skidding ok now that it's called sliding?

Never
    ps, I think my tire pressures may have been a little high lately. Definitely should try to stay no higher than 35 in the rear.

Still doesn't help the fact that Captains have rounded center knobs, way to many and poorly placed intermediate knobs, and generally suck.
    No longer stuck.

I think I'm bad at telling a good tire from a bad tire. I've been running a specialized captain on the rear for 500+ miles and didn't know it sucked.

Not skidding, no using my rear brake. Just throwing my hips to the side and sliding the rear tire around the corner. Perhaps drifting. I don't know, I'm fucking rad so I just do it and it works. Suck it.
    Watch Kovarik in the bottom video. I'm kind of like him. Fucking awesome.
    Retards. Slide that fucker sideways.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/intense...ewed-2014.html
    Last edited by markcjr; 04-13-2014 at 10:38 AM.