Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardent Race

So, how about that new ardent race?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    So, how about that new ardent race?
    what, no personal experience to contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    also like worn out Ardents, Crossmarks, Ikons and Race Kings for "freeride" applications so clearly must be a hack out of touch with my body for riding so what do I know.
    Are there any tires you DON'T like?

It sounds like you just like riding bikes
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I like Ardents. But then I enjoy rants by creaky n HC and also like worn out Ardents, Crossmarks, Ikons and Race Kings for "freeride" applications so clearly must be a hack out of touch with my body for riding so what do I know.

Ardent Race looks interesting. ..as a rear tire... for me

I'm with ya, except for most of creaky's rants....actually, I have him on ignore, but I'm all brokeback can't quit him and still read most every post....but tires, yup. I like the looks of the ardent race, cuz the new knobs help cover up that gaping bald spot on the transition area that the short knobs of the OG ardent didn't protect enough. I loved the way the ardent rode, but I punched 3 holes in those bald spots in a week, and I normally don't cut or punch holes in tires.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Are there any tires you DON'T like?

It sounds like you just like riding bikes
    Hate Conti xkings. And Ritchey MudMax 's sucked

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    I'm with ya, except for most of creaky's rants....actually, I have him on ignore, but I'm all brokeback can't quit him and still read most every post....but tires, yup. I like the looks of the ardent race, cuz the new knobs help cover up that gaping bald spot on the transition area that the short knobs of the OG ardent didn't protect enough. I loved the way the ardent rode, but I punched 3 holes in those bald spots in a week, and I normally don't cut or punch holes in tires.
    No need for an intrusive knob to close up some open space where dirt fits though.

Remember those old wtb moto raptor dh tires with the weird spider web looking patterns between the knobs that provided some casing thickness without throwing knobs in there? Something to that........

edit: these guys

http://www.bikemag.com/files/2011/01...oRaptor250.jpg
    Last edited by kidwoo; 04-11-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

No need for an intrusive knob to close up some open space where dirt fits though.

Remember those old wtb moto raptor dh tires with the weird spider web looking patterns between the knobs that provided some casing thickness without throwing knobs in there? Something to that........

edit: these guys

http://www.bikemag.com/files/2011/01...oRaptor250.jpg
    Quoted for Kidwoo-WTB-tire-props posterity.

I don't care so much about maintaining channeluer excellence on my rear tire.

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    Hilarious coming from someone whose entire post history is a clinic in wasted space. All you do on this forum is hate and spit vile mean things. Its easy to tear someone or something down. How about contributing, being helpful or I dunno just not a dick once and a while?

Eagerly awaiting my flaming from your high horse!
    You are trying to stake out a spot where you're superior to me, and you say I'm on a high horse? That's ...uh... "funny" in a kidwoo humor sort of way. Amuses the jr high crowd. Good on ye.

You know my mental state? Terrific. Tell me how you discerned it. You're aware that words, in themselves, have no emotion. Correct?

So shovel it up, smartie. How do you know my mental/emotional state. Be like kidwoo and rideit, and say you "can tell" from internet posts. It should be an interesting tale.

And by "interesting," I mean worthy of ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I went riding once with creaky and I was slow. So slow, it was almost like I had a brand new bike that I had never ridden before and was trying to feel it out. Almost as though I got used to riding a 26er full sus and switched to a 29er hardtail that I had just built up myself.
    I guess I'm not worthy of riding with cf and he wants to make sure you all know what an inferior person that makes me.
    Oh well. At least I'm happy.
    Creaky, it's time to take an interwebz break again.
    you apologize for yourself so much, with so many rationalizations.

what you need is humility.

and it's YOU who needs a break from the internet. you spew crap like you're an expert, and in meatspace? you're nothing like one. still you spew. not once have you offered a substantive post showing knowledge/experience. and your "comedy" is like woo's and rideit's. politically correct, childish, Upper West Side bullshit unfunny.

Ardent Race: almost as quick rolling as Ikon, better side knobs. might work as a front tire depending on conditions, how you like to corner, how you weight (or don't) the front wheel.

I really enjoy the "hardguys" who complain about tires not working for them. remember, it's almost always the gear, and never the rider.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Quoted for Kidwoo-WTB-tire-props posterity.
    Hey props where due. I mean it is the one single (potentially) good thing they've ever done with a tire

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    I have posted several trip reports, biking and skiing. I answer tech questions with my personal experience when I can. I post trail condition updates and contribute towards keeping the trails in my area clear and in good shape, maybe adding a feature or two. I don't spew thousands of hate filled posts. Most importantly I am not a dick, dick.
    wow! a TR! gosh, what a stoke-bringer.

what's the purpose of a TR? apart from glorifying yourself like some twitter or facebook retard, I mean.

some of us find ego-boosting, own-back-patting stuff more obnoxious than the "dick" or "mean" quality you see in my or Hugh's satire that mocks your idiocy.

here's a hint for the hardguy posters who remind me of the blister asswipes who insist they're badasses because they call a good ski "floppy, intermediate".

if a tire doesn't work for you, say WHY. describe its shortcomings. don't just be like woo and throw some 12 year old boy's "insult" like "hah hah hah, it SUCKED" and pretend that's informative.

Keep bringing the love guys!

I made no comment regarding your mental state, only the content of your posts. And what are your posts beyond ego fluffing for yourself by tearing everyone else down?

It must be Friday, I hit "view post" just taking a guess that I'd be in there somewhere in tire thread......man crushes are weird like that.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboy
    if a tire doesn't work for you, say WHY. describe its shortcomings. don't just be like woo and throw some 12 year old boy's "insult" like "hah hah hah, it SUCKED" and pretend that's informative.
    And now I remember why you're on my ignore list in the first place. You really are just fuckin dumb. I wrote some of the most descriptive and informative tire reviews you've ever seen, exactly BECAUSE they describe why tires work or don't.

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-high-roller-2

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/bontrager-g5

.....and even how to improve an existing design based on actually knowing why tires do what they do

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...is-minion-dhr2

Seriously......it's not even the crazy that keeps me from bothering reading your bullshit any more. It really is just the stupidity. You're so full of misdirected rage at the world you can't even keep your targets straight.

50 word psychobabble post in 3........2.........1.......

wow, numby. you dig deep don't you? you and woo and rideit should get together and assemble a doofus comedy hour. put Will Ferrell on the headline, and don't forget to snort when you laugh because it's so damned funny.

You're a hater! That's horrible! I can tell you "hate" because you're not e-fellating me. Thus, "hater." Nobody can question my egotism, all must bow and scrape before me! Those who do not?

Hater.

Woo KNOWS I'm "raging" because he's spent so much time around me.

He can't even see me reflecting his own arrogance. No irony there.

Kevin Bazar, PhD in Internet Mindreading. It's on LinkedIn.

Hey Kevvie! I've read your blister reviews. Why do you think I make fun of blister? Lots of words, dude. Lots of 'em. But on TGR? Here's typical kidwoo: (1) I like the tire, it does what I want. AWESOME TIRE. (2) I didn't like the tire, it didn't let me ride like a stupid caveman. SHITTY TIRE.

Great PhD thesis on blister, though. Thanks Doctor Douche.

Can we get a DSM-V diagnosis on my particular insanity Doctor Douche? Give us the symptoms, and then explain the differential diagnosis. Be sure to tell us about how the in-person interview colored your Dx.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    wow, numby. you dig deep don't you? you and woo and rideit should get together and assemble a doofus comedy hour. put Will Ferrell on the headline, and don't forget to snort when you laugh because it's so damned funny.

You're a hater! That's horrible! I can tell you "hate" because you're not e-fellating me. Thus, "hater." Nobody can question my egotism, all must bow and scrape before me! Those who do not?

Hater.
    I am genuinely confused as to why you post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    what, no personal experience to contribute?
    You as well.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post

Hater.

D(C),

I am genuinely unconcerned with how genuine you are when you say you are genuine.

I am distinctly unamused by your suggestion that Hero Worship is a prerequisite for posting here, and rather moderately occupied by the curious nature of your insistence that certain of these Worshiped Heroes cannot be mocked. Be they Jesus Christ? Be they the Hebrew Yahweh? The Islamic Allah? The Buddhist Gautama?

numby, I suppose that passes for a biting insult among your fellow pederasts, but I'm not really interested in entertaining little boys so that I can follow your pederasty practices with them.

babblebabblebabblebabblebabble

short man's syndrome again, eh bantam rooster boy?

I wonder: does the size of your trust fund make up for the shortness of your physical stature?

how long you gonna milk that Wee Kiddie Angst, broheem? the whole "crazy" and "insane" gambit isn't working as you want. well, except maybe among your worshipers. and I guess that's something, a bunch of middle schoolers who "admire" the mighty kidwoo, best sense of Ferrell-esque non-humor on the toobz.

what's wrong woozie? worried about your e-penis shrinkage?

I just can't handle the truth.

Your well informed straight shooting style just catches me off guard and forces me to uncomfortably face my own shortcomings. I'm just not ready for someone of your insightful station of genius.

babbbabblebabblebabblebabblebabble

you're not even funny when you ratchet back on the arrogance

that "babbleetcetc" is serious wit. seriously. reminds me of some douchebag from florida who thinks he's a badass skier/MTBer, and floats around on a magic carpet made from a big trust fund. this guy I'm talking about, he's so concerned with his e-penis being that of John Holmes, he can't laugh at himself and can't abide someone mocking him.

couldn't be you, though. could it?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    You as well.
    Because I like laughing at dickbags like you who get "stoked" for being raging cunts at crowded ski hills and generally make skiing fucking miserable. If you like the Whistler scene - which you claim too - we clearly have much different definitions of fun. But, like knumbcunt, you guys are "contributing" to "stoke" and "community".

babblebabblebabblebabblebabble

oh the fucking irony. 12,000 posts of smugly blowing yourself with your head up your "local" Tahoe ass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0511-0711-2911-2021.jpg.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	154032
    "You're jealous there's no ski named after you."

wait, I can't forget rideit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	netanyahu.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	154033
    "I post more stoke than anyone!"

I'd been wondering if I could ever get that to happen.

I even doubted it myself.

babblebabblebabble