Thread: TGR and Surfing

TGR and Surfing

I think its awesome how TGR is somewhat involved in surfing as well. Obviously you are primarily dedicated to mountain sports but do you have any plans in the works to continue involvement in surf? All the TGR production surf videos have been killer!

Hey dude!

No official plans to make another surf film at the moment, although we'll be covering surf a bit more this summer so you'll have that to look forward to. Anything specific you'd like to see?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Right on! Coverage of any type is awesome,

Everyone I know loved the ian walsh snowboarding story - crossover stories like that are always rad - it would be cool to see some of the TGR snowboard and ski guys go and try their luck on a surf trip or something.

Production value is always at a high standard on TGR, so clips of any type featuring surfing or just waves in general would be really cool coming from you guys

A big topic on TGR sometimes is snow and weather reports - it would also be sick to have some coverage of marine weather reports

I'll have to brainstorm - but anything coming from TGR is always well written and visually pleasing

Thanks for the reply!

I'm in on watching for this! My two Boy's had a Blast at a TGR event in NYC and to sit for a Surf fest
    would be awsome for them and Me!!

Quote Originally Posted by nc_slater View Post
    Right on! Coverage of any type is awesome,

Everyone I know loved the ian walsh snowboarding story - crossover stories like that are always rad - it would be cool to see some of the TGR snowboard and ski guys go and try their luck on a surf trip or something.

Production value is always at a high standard on TGR, so clips of any type featuring surfing or just waves in general would be really cool coming from you guys

A big topic on TGR sometimes is snow and weather reports - it would also be sick to have some coverage of marine weather reports

I'll have to brainstorm - but anything coming from TGR is always well written and visually pleasing

Thanks for the reply!
    Hey dude - thanks for the input! We'll hopefully be focusing on a lot of these crossover athletes. Sage Cattabriga-Alosa is a ripping mtn biker, and Dylan Hood, Dana Flahr, and Jeremy Jones are all big into surfing. We'll have a bigger focus on bike this summer, but are hoping to focus our surf coverage on rad road trips for waves, some big-wave coverage, and kind of see what else our audience might like. It would be great down the line if we could incorporate some kind of multi-sport conditions software, i.e. snow forecasts, wave forecasts, and maybe trail conditions/weather, too.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Hey dude - thanks for the input! We'll hopefully be focusing on a lot of these crossover athletes. Sage Cattabriga-Alosa is a ripping mtn biker, and Dylan Hood, Dana Flahr, and Jeremy Jones are all big into surfing. We'll have a bigger focus on bike this summer, but are hoping to focus our surf coverage on rad road trips for waves, some big-wave coverage, and kind of see what else our audience might like. It would be great down the line if we could incorporate some kind of multi-sport conditions software, i.e. snow forecasts, wave forecasts, and maybe trail conditions/weather, too.
    Dream come true. Couldn't be more stoked on this

Glad to hear... hope we can make it fun for ya!

Pretty impressed so far with the surf coverage!

Thanks NC! Streaming Shack Therapy on the main site now (TGR's 2004 surf film) so all you gotta do is be a TGR Facebook fan in order to watch... it's on until the 6th here: https://www.tetongravity.com/films/shack-therapy/watch

Enjoyed the film - surf coverage keeps getting better and better!

Quote Originally Posted by nc_slater View Post
    Enjoyed the film - surf coverage keeps getting better and better!
    Thanks nc!

here is the surfing I have been doing lately.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored