Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: East Coast Surf

Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    I’m pretty sure you drove away as I was suiting up. The wind wasn't too bad for the next couple hours. As the tide dropped, the outside right started to work on the sets. Hopefully it builds overnight.
    ha nice. You get some good corners? Love that area. Tis building slowly and steadily. If the wind would switch back offshore i'd head back there right now, but it can wait til morning. I'll be there around 630 again to capitalize on the high tide straddle. Rudeness will prolly be there as well.

If i didnt have hypnobirthing class tonight i'd be down for beers.

there is always drakes. jland and extension would do pretty nice with 14s

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Blown out city today. Anyone know where to surf obx with a strong wind out of northeast? Looks like Frisco?

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    yup. south of the pier. does pretty well. long barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr brownstone View Post
    Definitely some texture in nh now. Maine will be worse cept for ogt which will prolly be closeout city and crowded. Flag here at work is a mix of a low flap and semi strait sail and aimed west. Kinda yucky
    mid tide tends to fix the city

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    yup. south of the pier. does pretty well. long barrels.
    Gracias señor. You're like a surf encyclopedia!

Rid was too high when I went today so I'm planning on going back tomorrow am and timing it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Pretty morning. 4/4.5 @ 13/14 with light offshores and not much of a closeout issue. Busy tho holy moly. From 6-630 was great with just a coupla of us out then the hordes showed up. Damn you hurricane hype.

Surf was mostly in the chest to head range with good shape and tide. Rudeness and company were back at it as well as many familiar faces. North of the restaurant was pretty much a ghost town. But people like to go where other people are........

surfed til about 730 then left to get away from people and went mountain biking before work.

love surf n turf workdays. May leave early to catch an evening sesh.

Next mon-wed looking like a fun non hype wind swell. More stoked for that

Pretty morning. 4/4.5 @ 13/14 with light offshores and not much of a closeout issue. Busy tho holy moly. From 6-630 was great with just a coupla of us out then the hordes showed up. Damn you hurricane hype.

Surf was mostly in the chest to head range with good shape and tide. Rudeness and company were back at it as well as many familiar faces. North of the restaurant was pretty much a ghost town. But people like to go where other people are........

surfed til about 730 then left to get away from people and went mountain biking before work.

love surf n turf workdays. May leave early to catch an evening sesh.
    close to 100 at the wall around noon. stiff offshore winds. one in ten was a NH plate. no guards means not too bad i suppose. my kid has been dawn patrol both days before school...he did not want to go today!

Stayed pretty empty at Wells jetty from 6 9ish. I was happy as fuck. Saw a gent sporting a water camo wettie. I don't know who to blame more, the manufacturer or the guy wearing it

and i bet it continued pretty empty from 9 to 6ish. are they still charging for parking this time of year?

Meters are still enforced at York. Plugged in 2 hours worth of quarters but stayed out for 4+ hours. $25 worked out to way less than a $ per wave.

I figured with York the meters are always running. Wells lots were manned up until two years ago. Cloudy/rainy days mid summer were free cause there was no one to collect your cash. Now they have machines, so I was curious about those. The one thig about surfing Maine is some of the really good waves that no one surfs have either pricey parking, little parking, or no parking nearby. There is one ledge near cape porpoise that is rarely surfed and requires a three mile hike in along a road with multi million dollar homes and no legal street parking. Funny thing there is coastal access to easily get to the wave.

Ott the meters are "enforced" until Columbus Day, except I didn't feed it. No one did

Well, all the rent a cops go home after labor day, so that is well played.

Hey, did ya look north across the jetties? Wondering how jland was working the swell.

Next mon-wed looking like a fun non hype wind swell. More stoked for that
    BAM! Monday morning saw knee high with thigh sets so i went for a 2 hour mtb ride. Checked again at 10am and it was thigh plus. Went back at noon and got in the water and it was waist+ With short board zip. No one out south of the rest. 1230 it had grown to chest to shoulder. By 100pm it was head+. Then it was all overhead and clean with just one friend that showed up. I took one all of the way in and couldnt get back out so i had to walk down the beach and it still took 15 minutes of constant duck diving to get back out. That hasnt happened to me in years. So good. Lefts and rights with zero competition. 8.5-9 feet @ 11 seconds. Perfect. The winds were offshore at about 20 which had me so grateful to be on the 5'8 as there was no nose out of the water for the wind to get under. Easy.

Fuck hypacanes, love the under the radar ocean gales!

Today was waist+ and i was so spoiled from yesterday that i drove by and went to ride the bike instead.

Nickels and dimes coming all week......,

Yesterday was sick. waist high with chest high sets every 15 or so. Super clean. Maybe 6 other people out. My best day in a while.

forecast is building for this coming weekend....just in time for a wedding and the GF wanting to go for a hike in the prezzies. blah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    That was sick.

This also is pretty good. http://youngwisetails.com/wildfire/

Monday last week spoiled me. Head high+ or the bike wins. Friday/saturday could get me back in the water.

So I am in seen of a solid 5/4. My question for you guys. Do i splurge on something like an Xcel Drylock ($560) or should I save some money and grab a Hyperflex VooDoo ($340). Both are their top of the line stuff for the respective brands but that is a huge price difference.

Given the intended temps, I am semi inclined to spend more for what is viewed (to me) as a better product but I currently have a HF Cyclone 3/2 and i think the thing is money. I dont have enough experience with suits to know if its just technology marketing hype or if its worth the $$ so input is appreciated.

The drylock is sweet, my wife has one, but the regular infinity 5/4 has been my go to for a half a dozen winters now. 200 bux cheaper than the drylock, and just as durable and plenty warm. I get a new one every other winter as im in it a ton.

Just ordered my 1st oneill in 20 years. 4/3 hyperfreak. Stoked to try the new "buttery" neoprene.

thursday looking better and better for spots protected from nne winds

^^^^I feel like neoprene ages with time anyway. as does the varies materials that hold together the seems. I have hooded r3 that I only use in winter, and hope it lasts at least 4 winters, but i'm only trying that out because I picked it up for $230. otherwise i use a ebomb most days and am at about 1.5 years in it. Some wear and tear for sure, but looks good to go through another six months. will probably wait until this time next year to replace it, and put it in the back up/socal/eastside summer pile. My old excel is about 12 years old and will soon actually fall to pieces.

Ya, a 560 suit wont last any longer than a 360 suit, which is why i go for 360.

I bought an Isurus 3/2 for 20 percent off surfride.com, and it was amazing. It wasn't wicked cheap, but with the discount it was no more or less than any other solid new 3/2. I was obsessed with it, so I shot Isurus an email about how satisfied I was. The owner Jim was stoked I was stoked, gave me 25 percent off my next suit. So naturally I bought a primo hooded 4/3 for a wicked deal IMO. I'll see how far that gets me!