Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: East Coast Surf

bali is just a place to land and then jump on a boat,,,,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10559874_533431853425494_4054656478826789845_n.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	157041,,,,, uluwatu yesterday morning,,,,,, looks pretty empty to me

but back to the east coast of the usof a,,,,, any of you going out for glass off??? I wanna see some pics of what some of you keep talking about these fun waves and no excuses that your phone is 10 years old LMFAO

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    ooks pretty empty to me
    you ever been there in the middle of July? i have... and strongly doubt it's empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    i guess if you've the budget. bali was/is? cheap. but the west coast > east coast there too.
    Western Samoa was reasonably priced, fairly empty lineups for the most part except boulders. I'd still like to do the indo thing but like you guys mentioned I'd have to explore the other islands to really enjoy it. Now to find the time and money

I had the best day! Easily the happiest guy on the beach leaving Jenness after a few hours there, hooting and hollering after connecting a few rights, even tried a left .

Started on the day at the southernmost part of Long Sands, few guys out. Was wicked good then it filled with high tide and went into a lull. I would say consistently waist with a couple chest that I got pummeled by Was weird seeing things underwater as I went over... going to have to get used to a rocky coastline after a few bumps.

Then I tried to figure out the River, I might of well had been in middle Earth, did more u-turns than I could count. Went through that intersection from hell 5 or so times. But so happy with how it ended. Glad I had to leave work before noon to attend to "personal matters"

http://youtu.be/IryOQfEmgtQ,,,,, if I lived on the east coast ( thank the lord I dont) I would invest in one of these.
    Let's not get too desperate

Much needed stoke

Hugh Conway Guest
    if you get stoked by 5,000 surfers... ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    if you get stoked by 5,000 surfers... ouch.
    Is there really 5000 people in that photo that I missed? I swear it looks empty and like some nice long peelers - not sure when that wasn't stoke worthy

Anyone else keeping tabs on this potential tropical depression 93L?

It's a huge system in size but it's having trouble picking up steam - the forecasted GFS track it may take looks good for waves and good for people's homes not being destroyed - other paths not so muchClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1406725956.181468.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	157050

I asked him how many people were out and he said about 40, he said no biggy thou everyone was getting shacked and spread out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    hugh no I havent been to bali in july,,, Im usually in alaska this time of year,,,, and only a fool would go surf in a famous place in peak high season,

thinkin about east coast and I forgot about when I lived in buenos aires my chick and I went to uruguay in the summer,,,,,, all the beach towns have lots of uncrowded waves, punta del diablo,,, wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and trunkable

nc slater,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good time to head to jost van dyke, british virgin islands.

http://youtu.be/IryOQfEmgtQ,,,,, if I lived on the east coast ( thank the lord I dont) I would invest in one of these.
    My buddy has one, mad fun, never wake surfed but wakeboarding on it is unreal, you can make the wake scary huge.

That place ain't real, clearly photoshopped...

hey kook theres a reason nobody was out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its waist high,,,,,,, jajajajaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    And wicked wicked fun! Perfect shape, clean, and giggly
    Yeah, but what you don't understand is fishboy's imaginary girlfriend in Niagara Falls is way cooler than your life. I mean, do your "friends" send you stock photos from around the world? Jerry's got it right. Kingfisher is just looking for friends like how Roxanne Russom kicked me in the balls in 7th grade cause she wanted to go out. At the very least we should pity the fool.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCoast070 View Post
    My buddy has one, mad fun, never wake surfed but wakeboarding on it is unreal, you can make the wake scary huge.

That place ain't real, clearly photoshopped...
    my buddy wouldnt photoshop any pic,,,,,, and anyone that has been to this break knows this pic is real.... i know it looks to good to be true but its the real deal.

my buddy wouldnt photoshop any pic,,,,,, and anyone that has been to this break knows this pic is real.... i know it looks to good to be true but its the real deal.
    Sorry bro but unless you can post another picture just like it with you, in a banana hammock, hanging out with two flamingos, along with a with dated and time stamped sign, I simply can't believe you.

East Coast Surf

I'm a no go. Got collect board and suit and besides made plans to eat donuts, make mud castles and look for crabs with the kids at drakes. Unless plans change.

http://youtu.be/tpwMrqAiJ4U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, o ya traveling and warm water,,,, my 2 favorite things about surfing

I believe it. Would have even bet it was a bit bigger. Drakes was breaking pretty nicely around mid tide at what looked to be waist to chest. A few long boards out along the stretch from j-land to the little river. Look like more new a taking it up. Won't be Lon before you might be needing to share waves in these parts. Should be good for the shops.

mmmmm, post surf coffee.........

well sweet jeezus!

this mornings breakfast board reads: short board juice filling a shoulder high glass of bliss and not enough folks out to fill a four top, for 2 hours

super sweet surprise morning. everyone musta been burnt out coming into day 4 in a row of waist high or better clean surf (18 days this month). surfed from 620-820 at the riv. at about 650 a fog rolled which kept anyone that was late to the party from actually seeing what they were missing. love that

some gorgeous waves came through with good zip and very thumpy inside sections. one particular wave set me up for one of those session making high face deep carved turns. haven't felt one of that quality in quite some time.

anyone else?

tomorrow?
    18 days this month huh? Not bad at all blu not bad at all.

I'd do some strange for that much surf time

Inland = 😳🔫

not bad. Not a full 31 which we do get some months, but good for summer. Think i had 40ish sessions in march. That's a whole lotta 37 degree water time
    That's pretty awesome. I live over an hour from my spot so I only get 2 days a week, max, to go. Moving this winter though so that will change.

Grab a shit ton at the river this morning with two of the original five I grew up with. Seeing one has passed, and a second don't surf anymore and a third lives in CO, we did pretty well with the reunion session. Only two others out who were stoked that we were going a clinic. Perfect knee to waste zipper lines, providing bowly take offs, rippin top turns, log pumping sections, numerable nose rides and a few cover ups. There would have been tubes if I were able to crunch my body smaller. Great time with some old buddies. Was thinking, it might have been twenty years since I last surfed there. Without doubt it has been a good ten.